Tampa has bigger gap over 2nd place than 2nd place has over 17th place

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Tampa’s gap over the 2nd place teams is 15 points.

The 2nd place teams gap over the 17th place team is 12 points.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Still not using round numbers for your sample sizes @koyvoo !?!?

giphy.gif

:laugh:

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Tampa needs to win this year, otherwise they should be considered the biggest chokers in the last decade (SJ and Caps fans will thank you)
This narrative is soooooo overplayed.

Those stacked Caps teams never made it past the second round. The Lightning have made it past the second round 4 out of 5 playoff appearances since 2011, losing to the eventual champion in 6/7 games each time.

There may never be as big a choker as those Caps teams.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
There really isn't a question who the best team in the league and the cup favourite is. They really do have everything. Elite players at every position.

But will they win the cup?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This narrative is soooooo overplayed.

Those stacked Caps teams never made it past the second round. The Lightning have made it past the second round 4 out of 5 playoff appearances since 2011, losing to the eventual champion in 6/7 games each time.

There may never be as big a choker as those Caps teams.
I think it is hard to label any team that makes it to a cup final a choker to be honest. I dont think it is a stretch though to say that this season would not be a success for a team this good if they dont atleast make it to the finals. You play this well you dont get to have modest expectations. It's a good thing really.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
17th place? What is this garbage?

There’s 10th place or 20th place but noooo you just had to pick a weird ass number. This is bull****

Thanks for ruining my day you *******
You're missing the point and that's the only way the numbers work, otherwise the 2nd place team would be fewer points away from Tampa than to the 20th or whatever placed team.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Better teams have swung and missed before. We all hope it happens here in TB but we know how tough of task it is.
yeah, I'm fully aware. Like I say they are unquestionably the best team in the league, but that doesn't mean the cup is already won.

A slump, some bumps and bruises from a long series, and things can change quickly.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad