Tampa has bigger gap over 2nd place than 2nd place has over 17th place

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Tampa needs to win this year, otherwise they should be considered the biggest chokers in the last decade (SJ and Caps fans will thank you)
Yeah, the Sharks losing in the finals to a Pittsburgh team that actually was healthy for once was such a choke.

Give me a break.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
b23X4yO.gif

If you're gonna do it, do it right.

[video]

Reactions: Phobia Catalyst

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And their reward for being 1st overall is currently a playoff series against Pittsburgh, that might be the best 1 VS 8 matchup ever

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Why would I make a bet with someone I don't know who has nothing to lose?
Why would anyone believe what You say if you don't even have conviction in your beliefs. Tf outta here with this ezpz crap. Put up or shut up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They are my pick to win the cup but I also feel like this might happen too. Like they are too good if it makes sense lol.
I mean isn't it pretty obvious? Even the best teams have like 15-20% chance or winning the Cup when the playoffs start.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Why would anyone believe what You say if you don't even have conviction in your beliefs. Tf outta here with this ezpz crap. Put up or shut up.
Buts its gonna be so EZ that its not worth betting on. I'd be better of betting on how many threads are started by leaf fans trying come up with excuses for the loss.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Tampa fans nervously laughing to legit accusations in this thread. Who cares how far you've gotten in the playoffs? You still haven't won a cup. By these standards, the Ducks should be a dynasty from 14-17.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Come on dude, look at your team! If you don't win, it is because something internal went wrong.

Same could have been said about last years team. Same could be said for many of the teams that were “favorites” but didn’t win. I know consensus is that we are “heavy” favorites and majority expects us to win, including our own fans, but I also understand how different the playoffs are from the regular season and just how difficult it is to win a cup. I don’t want to sound like I’m making excuses if we lose, the reality is that in the playoffs anything can happen. They don’t just say “get into the tournament and anything can happen” just to say it. It’s because this truly is a tournament and rather a game where anything can happen.

The game is different in the playoffs than it is in the regular season. I’ve seen it so many times where a team lost all the games in the regular season to a team but then turned around in the playoffs look a lot better against them and win the series. Dominate it even in some cases. Fans from opposing teams are all fired up because they played well against them in the regular season only to get worked by said team in the playoffs. Team tighten up in the playoffs. Every bounce, every shot, every pass, every decision and coaching decision matters. So there is a fair amount of luck and momentum that needs to go your way. There’s so many things that go into winning a cup that it’s not always the best team from the regular season winning in the playoffs.

We have had great runs and have come so close so many times now but we have fallen short and anything less than a cup this year will just feel like all the other years but this one would hurt for us because SY leaving. We all want to win one with him still a part of the team because he’s done so much for us. Would really be a shame if we couldn’t do it while he was here. So that’s why I feel all in for this one and would be really upset if we didn’t win it but at the same time I understand just how hard it is to win it. To full on expect that cup is just not realistic and I feel is something that is more so saved for the sports talk that we all like to have. As we are doing now.

I don’t know if it’s the right attitude to have but I feel these years have been amazing as a Lightning fan and it would be really shitty if this core never won a cup but I’d rather have had all these really great times than not at all. People like to rag on the favorites that don’t win it but at the same time these fans have just gone on a great ride and most fans didn’t really get to take it. So this era I see right now with Tb is something we may never see here again. It’s fun while it’s lasting. Hope this team wins this year as this core has worked really hard all these years to win it and have gotten so close. I can only imagine the way they would feel if they pulled it off.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This team is ridiculously good no matter if we win the Cup or lose in the first round. Last season and this season have been the best team the Lightning have had in its franchise history. Yes, over the 04 team that won the Cup.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
This team is ridiculously good no matter if we win the Cup or lose in the first round. Last season and this season have been the best team the Lightning have had in its franchise history. Yes, over the 04 team that won the Cup.

Reminds me of the 2001 Devils. The 2001 Devils were definitely better than the other cup winning Devils teams but they just faced another monster of a team that took them to Game 7. I see the same with the Lightning/Caps series, it would have been the Lightning's year if it wasn't for Ovy going beast mode.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Savour the Presidents trophy, only thing they'll be winning this year.

Cuz figuring out how to actually beat the Bruins in the playoffs is the REAL big boy stuff am I right? Is there like, a smaller Stanley Cup you can get for that? We should probably get one of those too if the Leafs ever get around to figuring it out

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Yeah, the Sharks losing in the finals to a Pittsburgh team that actually was healthy for once was such a choke.

Give me a break.
I'm not referencing that. I'm referring to them having one of the best teams in the league year after year and not having anything to show for it.
Maybe this year they make the leap like the Caps did. Who knows?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm not referencing that. I'm referring to them having one of the best teams in the league year after year and not having anything to show for it.
Maybe this year they make the leap like the Caps did. Who knows?
Sharks have been consistently good, not elite. Their president trophy squad was 11 years ago, and they haven't won their division in quite a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad