GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1 - Last night a DJ saved my life

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Nope 100% Shilling and you know it. Shiting on me because I won’t buy your tickets for you, but bought tons of my own.
Be a good fan and go buy tickets like the rest of us,
How about instead of me buying you a ticket, I buy you a small violin.
Right. And who am I shilling for exactly?

Yikes. Talk about needing a violin. Why don't you cry some more about how there's still tickets available to be bought (the irony here is that the other teams fans haven't bought them either)?

Or maybe you can head over to the Habs or leafs forums and ask them "pwetty pwease, could you guys nawt buy all our ticketz?"

Be a good fan and buy up a section for a youth program if you care this much about it. If you care so much about it, do something.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That's why I hated the Hossa for Heatley trade from the get go. Hossa was a power forward who played a 200 ft game and didn't need to be with Alfie and Spezza to produce. I never forgave Muckler for that move. I think he was an even worse GM than Dorion, and that's saying something. At least Dorion made some good draft choices, signed some good contracts and got Chychrun.

Hossa is still my favourite Senator.

Reactions: LiseL

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah I think the stadium should be mostly sens fans. That’s what I think.

I mean in sport the hometown usually has majority of the fans
And it usually is, outside of a couple of home games. So you're complaining about what... 2/41 games? Feel free to do something to change that.... Like buying more tickets to those games.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
You can't just score at will though, that's the problem with this line of thinking. Just score a goal and then all the problems go away, except that's not how things work. Just because we couldn't get a lead early doesn't mean the guys weren't playing well, we outshot them 12-3 in the first and were down 1 nothing. But sure, Brady should have just willed us to a 2 goal lead to insulate Sogaard...

You can score more than 1 goal in a five-game span during the most important road trip of the season. When you're the team captain, have been crowned a great leader, and make $8M, that should be the expectation.

This is what Tkachuk said after the Chicago game, "I guess we took them lightly. I guess we forgot that's where we were at not too long ago. Nobody was good tonight, including myself."

Would they have had a better record than 1-4 if he or the others had played better? Who knows. But they would've had a better chance.

Instead, they didn't show up, and due to that and the bad goaltending they got, they were embarrassed, and the season was over.

Did they return this year focused and ready to bank points early? Nah. Same old, same old, except they've added a cherry on top – chiding the fans.

They're mentally weak and have built up so many bad habits that it's going to be a massive project turning this ship around. There's such a victim mentality around this team. One big pity party.

Last edited:

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Heatley played on a Cup run team and in his 3 years here, this team was elite
Spezza played on the same cup run team and in his 10 years here the team was (by and large) elite
Hoffman played on the 2017 ECF (my personal feeling is; a fluke, but still an ECF run) and in his 5 years here, the team was in the playoff 2 times. Narrowly missed the other 2. And one bad year, his last.

No Sens player that has come in since 2017 has played on a playoff team, or a team that has finished higher than 10th from the bottom.

Until things change, championing this group over those that came before them, is hard.
I agree that the calibre of this team doesn't compare to some those former teams. However, Tank has won a Stanley Cup, Giroux has been to the conference final, so there are 2 players with playoff experience. I guess their voices aren't resonating in that room.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Right. And who am I shilling for exactly?

Yikes. Talk about needing a violin. Why don't you cry some more about how there's still tickets available to be bought (the irony here is that the other teams fans haven't bought them either)?

Or maybe you can head over to the Habs or leafs forums and ask them "pwetty pwease, could you guys nawt buy all our ticketz?"

Be a good fan and buy up a section for a youth program if you care this much about it. If you care so much about it, do something.

Nice teenager logic there dude.
Try supporting the team instead of whining about fans that actually do.

And it usually is, outside of a couple of home games. So you're complaining about what... 2/41 games? Feel free to do something to change that.... Like buying more tickets to those games.

Practice what you preach, like some us have been doing.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Nice teenager logic there dude.
Try supporting the team instead of whining about fans that actually do.
Teenager logic, lol. Sure bud.

You have no idea how or when I support the team.

How about you stop whining about unsold tickets?

Who am I shilling for again jet? If you're gonna lay that stinker of an argument, better see it through. Either that or you can apologize for even entertaining the notion on this board.

Practice what you preach, like some us have been doing.
Who's saying I don't? You have no idea who I am or what games I do or do not go to.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
But here’s the thing. Other sens fans complain about the amount of Habs and leafs as well….it’s actually a massive reason why they DONt GO!!

I hate it. But I do my part. I buy two tickets. And I go. Why don’t they?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
But here’s the thing. Other sens fans complain about the amount of Habs and leafs as well….it’s actually a massive reason why they DONt GO!!

I hate it. But I do my part. I buy two tickets. And I go. Why don’t they?
Ask them?!?!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ask them?!?!
I do. And it’s the same bs response.

Those fans are annoying. Well sens fans need to have the tickets for the leafs and Habs fans to not have them.

And then I find out STHs are selling their tickets to them. I’m sorry, but I look down on that. Who am I to look down on anything?? No one. But I do. Imagine being a season ticket holder in Europe for a football team. And selling your tickets to a rival fan base. You may actually be strung up in the streets lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Teenager logic, lol. Sure bud.

You have no idea how or when I support the team.

How about you stop whining about unsold tickets?

Who am I shilling for again jet? If you're gonna lay that stinker of an argument, better see it through. Either that or you can apologize for even entertaining the notion on this board.

Who's saying I don't? You have no idea who I am or what games I do or do not go to.
Appreciate the entertainment you’ve been providing here, thanks, but now you’re into whataboutisms. Have a nice day.

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Appreciate the entertainment you’ve been providing here, thanks, but now you’re into whataboutisms. Have a nice day.
Lame. Next time you wanna accuse someone of being a shill, be ready to back it up. Because you clearly can't here, and don't have the grace to back down from it like an adult.

I do. And it’s the same bs response.

Those fans are annoying. Well sens fans need to have the tickets for the leafs and Habs fans to not have them.

And then I find out STHs are selling their tickets to them. I’m sorry, but I look down on that. Who am I to look down on anything?? No one. But I do. Imagine being a season ticket holder in Europe for a football team. And selling your tickets to a rival fan base. You may actually be strung up in the streets lol
Then what are you asking me for?

Bully for European soccer fans. I'm frankly glad we don't have the insane history of violence that comes with parts of that sports fandom. It's gross.

Complain about it all you want. They can sell whatever ticket to whoever they damn well please

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lame. Next time you wanna accuse someone of being a shill, be ready to back it up. Because you clearly can't here, and don't have the grace to back down from it like an adult.

Then what are you asking me for?

Bully for European soccer fans. I'm frankly glad we don't have the insane history of violence that comes with parts of that sports fandom. It's gross.

Complain about it all you want. They can sell whatever ticket to whoever they damn well please
Yeah man I’m not petitioning for their arrest. Just calling them scum.

Im
Not asking you for anything. Except maybe to attend leafs and Habs games.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don't think the issue is some players aren't giving it their all. I think they are. I think the problem is some players are trying to do too much by themselves, rather than playing as a team. Injuries have had a hand in how awful this team has looked over the last three games as well. The most concerning part of the last 6 games is how they haven't been able to stop the bleeding. It's been an issue in the past too, they can play some good hockey but when a few games don't go their way they spiral. Some bad habits crept into their game against Buffalo and it's just been getting progressively worse.
That's the coach job to bring different people too play as a team
He's been trying the last 4 years with no results

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What is funny is you calling fans cowards

Its was more a response in kind to the post I replied to, but even folks in here have admitted to avoiding leafs and habs games :)

I didn’t take my ranty post too seriously, much like I don’t take the fan indignance in here too seriously either.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Man we are just not going to get along this season!

You just know habs and leafs fans are laughing up a storm at our melt down….

The Jerks they are.. lol

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
sens are very bad

They’ve been very bad in the last 3 games, I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. In terms of xGoals they were middle of the pack for the first 7 games. 2.73 xGF/60 2.72 xGA/60. Which puts them in the group with Det,Buf,Cgy,Sea. Last three games have been so dreadful it drags them towards the bottom. Not a lot of reason to optimistic about recent play but I have hard time seeing them maintaining the current level of play over a long time.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They’ve been very bad in the last 3 games, I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. In terms of xGoals they were middle of the pack for the first 7 games. 2.73 xGF/60 2.72 xGA/60. Which puts them in the group with Det,Buf,Cgy,Sea. Last three games have been so dreadful it drags them towards the bottom. Not a lot of reason to optimistic about recent play but I have hard time seeing them maintaining the current level of play over a long time.
They’ve been bad every November. This one will be no different.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If you're right and it's the players who won't play a defensive structure, those players are in for a rude awakening once there's a new coach. The mantra of the new ownership is accountability and best in class so I don't expect the next coach to be a players coach. I'm hoping that most of these young players simply need to be taught the type of play that wins games. If not, then some of them may need to go. We're in for some interesting times.

May you live in interesting times.

That is one of the most brutal curses you can bestow on a human.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad