GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1 - Last night a DJ saved my life

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The Senators come into tonight boasting the fourth ranked offence in the NHL, averaging 3.78 goals per game. Led by the trio of Vladimir Tarasenko, Claude Giroux and Tim Stützle each with 10 points, the Senators will look to keep that alive here tonight while limiting mistakes.

Can DJ keep the boys out of the box? Can DJ stop the dump and chase? Can DJ regroup the boys on the power play? Will DJ save his job?

F-GaVLtWYAARbTC

Last edited:

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
First game of the year for me tonight, Saturday against Tampa should be a decent crowd so I'm pumped.

Not to throw bad vibes out there, but at the back of my mind is the thought that I might be in attendance for DJ's last game. Lots of noise out there and he's one more stinker away if I'm being honest.

To be fair, no coach is getting amazing results with a roster this ravished by injuries.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
@Micklebot y axis would be expect goals per 100 dump ins. So how in more basic terms how many prime scoring chances we actually create from those dump ins. We dump it in quite a bit. And aren’t that great at creating from it.

That’s what I get. I could be wrong

Hopefully Giroux finds an open Jarventie so we see that sweet shot.
I wonder if he’s getting the half wall on pp2

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Listening to the pre-game show on TSN. Chris Stephenson saying all the things many members of this forum are saying: We need a Jacques Martin style of play, stop doing dump/chase. Creech and Chris calling it as it is. Refreshing.

Reactions: Icelevel

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The bottom six (6) are like a box of chocolates. That will be kind of a subplot for this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad