GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - SN1 - Last night a DJ saved my life

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have been repeating for 3 years (and some even longer than that) that we simply don't play "the right way" (it's not just about W and L) and that our GM was actually hurting the organization more than anything. These takes have been ridiculed, mocked, deemed as cringe worthy and apparently I only needed to take a break because rebuilds take time.

It was so obvious that this rebuild was not heading the right way, even though we were in a crazy good position after that 2020 draft. What a waste it has been so far

The HOPE is that the new ownership makes the RIGHT MOVES from now on because we absolutely need it, no much more margin for error. Steve Staios, Sean Tierney, Alfredsson, etc seem to be the right moves so far, please don't let us down. We want to enjoy our team being successful, something that has not happened for 7 years already.

They’ve been very bad in the last 3 games, I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. In terms of xGoals they were middle of the pack for the first 7 games. 2.73 xGF/60 2.72 xGA/60. Which puts them in the group with Det,Buf,Cgy,Sea. Last three games have been so dreadful it drags them towards the bottom. Not a lot of reason to optimistic about recent play but I have hard time seeing them maintaining the current level of play over a long time.

I have seen a lot of fans wanting to dump Chabot...

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I have been repeating for 3 years (and some even longer than that) that we simply don't play "the right way" (it's not just about W and L) and that our GM was actually hurting the organization more than anything. These takes have been ridiculed, mocked, deemed as cringe worthy and apparently I only needed to take a break because rebuilds take time.

It was so obvious that this rebuild was not heading the right way, even though we were in a crazy good position after that 2020 draft. What a waste it has been so far

The HOPE is that the new ownership makes the RIGHT MOVES from now on because we absolutely need it, no much more margin for error. Steve Staios, Sean Tierney, Alfredsson, etc seem to be the right moves so far, please don't let us down. We want to enjoy our team being successful, something that has not happened for 7 years already.

I have seen a lot of fans wanting to dump Chabot...

Chabot, Brady, Batherson and now Stutzle is a big reason why our team doesn't play the "right way"

Reactions: LiseL

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
They are wrong.

This is specifically about STH selling a few games a year to help with the overall cost of a STH package, and that those seats can get bought by fans from other teams.

No one on this board has any right to say what someone should or shouldn't be doing with the tickets they paid for. Full stop.
I'll say it. Weak ass fans to sell their tickets to those fanbases. Go to the games and support your team. If the Sens are in 1st and Leafs are in last, are they selling those tickets? Probably not as the bigger reason is they can't tolerate fans cheering for the leafs and booing the home team. So they choose not to go and hide behind the whole "paying for your package" argument

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Relapsing

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'll say it. Weak ass fans to sell their tickets to those fanbases. Got to the games and support your team. If the Sens are in 1st and Leafs are in last, are they selling those tickets? Probably not as the bigger reason is they can't tolerate fans cheering for the leafs and booing the home team. So they choose not to go and hide behind the whole "paying for your package" argument

How do you screen out Leafs or Habs fans? Do you send out a survey beforehand?

And yes, most Leafs season ticket holders do in fact give away their seats to their clients, who spend the first 10 minutes of every period chatting by the concourse bars. That's why the atmosphere in Toronto is among the worst in the league.

And even the casual non-corporate fans, who've inherited season tickets, scalp a good amount of the games and make a tidy profit each year.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I'll say it. Weak ass fans to sell their tickets to those fanbases. Got to the games and support your team. If the Sens are in 1st and Leafs are in last, are they selling those tickets? Probably not as the bigger reason is they can't tolerate fans cheering for the leafs and booing the home team. So they choose not to go and hide behind the whole "paying for your package" argument
So brave.

Go complain about it to other STH at the next town hall or whatever. Ask people why they sell their tickets. I've given a very understandable reason why someone would try and helo themselves on the cost of a package. Sounds like you're completely out of touch with the current cost of living in this city. Because we all know you like to low key brag about how much money you have.

This has been ongoing for years. A cursory search brings up articles from a decade ago about it.

And who says these STH know explicitly who they're selling to? Want them to grill the purchaser over their fandom to satisfy you and anyone else here who has an issue with it?

• Haha
Reactions: coladin

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
lol

not everyone can afford season tickets
for some, this allows them to afford them
everyone has a budget and has to make choices
so f*cking judgemental, who are you to call out other people without consideration of what is none of your business?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
How do you screen out Leafs or Habs fans? Do you send out a survey beforehand?

And yes, most Leafs season ticket holders do in fact give away their seats to their clients, who spend the first 10 minutes of every period chatting by the concourse bars. That's why the atmosphere in Toronto is among the worst in the league.

And even the casual non-corporate fans, who've inherited season tickets, scalp a good amount of the games and make a tidy profit each year.
I don't care what Leafs fans do. Matthews last night said he was trying to wake up their fnas before they fall asleep...that's so nice isn't it? Love to have a reputation like that.

Simple. When the tickets go on sale, as they do every year, but the tickets. I know they are markeup up, but it is a true fan experience with the biggest rivals. The wins feel so much better

lol

not everyone can afford season tickets
for some, this allows them to afford them
everyone has a budget and has to make choices
so f*cking judgemental, who are you to call out other people without consideration of what is none of your business?
I can do whatever I want, including having an opinion on fans who seel their tickets to Leafs/Habs games. So they can go to a Columbus game? Hahahaha

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Simple. When the tickets go on sale, as they do every year, but the tickets. I know they are markeup up, but it is a true fan experience with the biggest rivals. The wins feel so much better

I don't think you understand. When a season ticket holder wants to sell their tickets, they put them up on Ticketmaster or Stubhub. Anyone can buy them.

There's no special online portal that gives Sens fans first dibs.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think you understand. When a season ticket holder wants to sell their tickets, they put them up on Ticketmaster or Stubhub. Anyone can buy them.

There's no special online portal that gives Sens fans first dibs.
Oh, I know that. But the tickets are released to the public at some point. Those tickets can be purchased

• Haha

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Oh, I know that. But the tickets are released to the public at some point. Those tickets can be purchased

Sure, but how do you ensure that Sens fans buy those tickets and not Leafs fans? You can't. Everyone has access at the same time. Everyone knows when the games are.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
You got any info on how many of those are sold to leafs/Habs fans vs Sens fans?

Let me go ahead and answer with a no for you.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Sure, but how do you ensure that Sens fans buy those tickets and not Leafs fans? You can't. Everyone has access at the same time. Everyone knows when the games are.
Again, I know that. I just don’t believe , for a second, that Sens fans are trying to buy those tickets. First of all, they don’t like seeing the arena taken over, and more
importantly , they are expensive.

You got any info on how many of those are sold to leafs/Habs fans vs Sens fans?

Let me go ahead and answer with a no for you.
I know how many are being bought by Senators fans:

ZERO.

• Haha

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Again, I know that. I just don’t believe , for a second, that Sens fans are trying to buy those tickets. First of all, they don’t like seeing the arena taken over, and more
importantly , they are expensive.

I know how many are being bought by Senators fans:

ZERO.
Prove it.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I am providing an expert opinion. That shall be quite good enough
Thanks for that - I haven't laughed that hard in a while. What a thing to say.

The gall to try and make an argument from authority as an anonymous person on a message board. Holy hell.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for that - I haven't laughed that hard in a while. What a thing to say.

The gall to try and make an argument from authority as an anonymous person on a message board. Holy hell.
Fight the good fight. You always do! And I don’t care either way!

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don't care what Leafs fans do. Matthews last night said he was trying to wake up their fnas before they fall asleep...that's so nice isn't it? Love to have a reputation like that.

I can do whatever I want, including having an opinion on fans who seel their tickets to Leafs/Habs games. So they can go to a Columbus game? Hahahaha
So you can do whatever you want but the fans cannot (boo)?
So you're not a fan then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad