Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 5 (Lightning Lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The only team we faced in 94 as good as the 2015 Caps, 2015 Lightning, or either of the West teams is the Devils. This is an objective reality.

No I mean not this again with all the people trying to keep comparing. This is 2015 and this is its own team they don't need 1994's help

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
TBL fan with peace here
Kreider maybe or Brassard
amazing players, will like to see them in my team
You already have Stralman and B Boyle. That's enough Rangers. No more poaching of our players, please. Edit..not YOU poaching....Callahan did it.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
He has to win game 6 first and I highly doubt he'll get a chance to do that.. If our defense continues to leave him out to dry he won't have a choice but to go home.

Marc Staal has been awful against stamkos line and if u put anyone but Stepan and mcd-girardi out against johnson they dominate...

Tomorrow AV has to out coach his opponent and I honestly don't think he's done that once this post season

I'm still getting behind the team regardless. They've given us an excellent season, some amazingly entertaining hockey to watch, shown some unreal will to come back from down 3-to-1 in two straight playoffs, and there is no shame in any of that.

You think our coaches and players aren't trying and don't want to win or something? It's insanely difficult to even make it this far back to back seasons, let alone reach the finals two years in a row. No matter the outcome, I'm pretty proud of the team and what they've done. I'm gonna feel that way no matter how the playoffs play out. Cheers

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No I mean not this again with all the people trying to keep comparing. This is 2015 and this is its own team they don't need 1994's help

Totally agree with you.

It's good that we still appreciate 1994. If you're gonna win the Cup and just forget about it, it's not worth it. It's bad that we compare every team to that one. The 2015 Rangers have EARNED the right to just be the 2015 Rangers and have that be good enough.

Mark Messier is 54 years old. He's the last guy we need tomorrow. :laugh:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I'm still getting behind the team regardless. They've given us an excellent season, some amazingly entertaining hockey to watch, shown some unreal will to come back from down 3-to-1 in two straight playoffs, and there is no shame in any of that.

You think our coaches and players aren't trying and don't want to win or something? It's insanely difficult to even make it this far back to back seasons, let alone reach the finals two years in a row. No matter the outcome, I'm pretty proud of the team and what they've done. I'm gonna feel that way no matter how the playoffs play out. Cheers

I never said that they weren't trying I'm just saying what they are trying isn't working

Metranger

May 22, 2015
I agree, but that doesn't mean I/we don't want to see the Rangers fighting best effort always.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
This "AV needs to outcoach Cooper" stuff is misplaced, imo. The Rangers need to outplay the Bolts. It's that simple now. They know what to do, they just have to do it.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
This "AV needs to outcoach Cooper" stuff is misplaced, imo. The Rangers need to outplay the Bolts. It's that simple now. They know what to do, they just have to do it.

Ya but if AV puts out Yandle-boyle no matter how well they play the Johnson or stamkos line will dominate them... He needs to fully understand everyone's weaknesses and strengths now(not how good they used to be, looking at u msl). AV needs to constantly put ppl in a position to succeed

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Ya but if AV puts out Yandle-boyle no matter how well they play the Johnson or stamkos line will dominate them... He needs to fully understand everyone's weaknesses and strengths now(not how good they used to be, looking at u msl). AV needs to constantly put ppl in a position to succeed

But that is not the team's problem. Our problem is that we aren't moving the puck/shooting quickly. Our problem is offense, not defense, not goal. Our guys are taking that 1/2-second too long, being tenative with the puck. The Yandle-Boyle pairing isn't killing us. Our lack of finish is.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Less and less time to NOT run into one of those pesky ol' "bad matchups" or "has our number" type of things.

Definition of a window closing. Lundqvist will be 34 years old for the next playoff run. Tick Tock.

Forgive me if I misremembered but weren't you one of the people who argued that having an elite goaltender isn't as important as it used to be?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
One thing I noticed during the game yesterday was the Lightning were pressuring the point and the puck carrier a ton both on the PK and at even strength. Islanders did the same thing during the regular season and it gave us fits with who we have on the back end in regards to Girardi, Staal, and Klein. The puck needs to be moved quickly and efficiently to beat these guys.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
But that is not the team's problem. Our problem is that we aren't moving the puck/shooting quickly. Our problem is offense, not defense, not goal. Our guys are taking that 1/2-second too long, being tenative with the puck. The Yandle-Boyle pairing isn't killing us. Our lack of finish is.

I'm just saying AV can't let these bad matchups happen.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Totally agree with you.

It's good that we still appreciate 1994. If you're gonna win the Cup and just forget about it, it's not worth it. It's bad that we compare every team to that one. The 2015 Rangers have EARNED the right to just be the 2015 Rangers and have that be good enough.

Mark Messier is 54 years old. He's the last guy we need tomorrow. :laugh:

why because they posted the best season in franchise history ( by one single point)?...mind you during the era of shoot victory and OTL/SOL points awarded

this season we had 49 ROW wins and 53 total wins....94 season even though 84 games played ( 2 extra games ) we had 52 wins with no additional shootout wins added or OTL/SOL points added ...and the 92 team had 50 wins during an 80 game season

imo they haven't earned anything really because this season will be forgotten after a while if they don't win the Cup

Plenty of franchises have had record posting seasons without winning the Cup that season...not many of the fans will remember those seasons years later

This franchise is DUE for a Cup.....I couldn't care less if the Rangers add another 3 franchise record seasons from now yet still don't have a cup

I don't want to wait another 54 years...already waited 21

21 years can quickly turn into 30...then into 40...then into???.......see Toronto

Imagine Mike Babock just might ending Toronto's drought before the 54 year drought this franchise has set a record for?...that would be really sad for this franchise to still hold onto that record

Last edited:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
....video games on his living room couch?

Yes, with that I would agree. But he's not getting into a game without practice with contact first.

Well zucc traveled with the team so if he had a home in Tampa that'd be his living rooms we'd have bigger problems than just game 6 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad