Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 5 (Lightning Lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Was at a BBQ all day yesterday. Drunk by 6. My plan all night was to get home and be in my spot for the game when I had an epiphany. All my friends who were at the BBQ get into hockey during the playoffs. I'm fine with that. My epiphany was... what's the point of having a favorite sports team to watch if you can't share it with the people whose company you enjoy having?

I stayed where I was instead of going to my spot, and the Rangers **** the ****ing bed.

I'm so, so sorry.

Consider yourself fortunate. I went to a Golf Outing today. After the round...I tried discussing Rangers hockey with the guys at the Bar. Everyone got quiet. They knew nothing about hockey. I had to discuss the Mets, instead....which they has plenty to say about. At least I tried... :dunno:

BarbaraAlphanse

Yeah, but it was the Caps, not the Lightning. Many more offensive weapons. No comparison.

Yea, but we have more space to operate with against the Lightning. They're about even in toughness.

Let's not get carried away here. Every team has its own strengths and weaknesses. The playoffs is about adapting to each new team. If you can't, you're left in the dust.

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
Win one game. Game 7 back at MSG. I

How many people thought the Caps series was over.

/QUOTE]
When the Rangers got back to 3-2, they had mojo, and I felt good going into game 6. I don't feel any Rangers mojo going into this game 6. That is the difference.

yess but they had to win game five to get that mojo ..that‘s the point. they have to grab one game and then they will head back into game seven at msg with mojo

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
The Canucks were on fire bro.

Pretty much

That Canucks team came back from a 3-1 series deficit in round one against the 2nd seeded Flames that year

Then they took a very good Stars team who were the 4th seed in 5 games in round 2

And basically brushed aside the 3rd seeded Maple Leafs in 5 games

The Canucks were the 7th seed that year

The Rangers under estimated them in game 1 ( even thought Kirk MacLean stood on his head )...then after the Rangers go up 3-1 in the series in game 4 in typical Rangers fashion they take the foot off the gas

That Canucks team definitely caught fire in round 1 after they fell behind 3-1 in the series

Last edited:

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
All of the pressure is on the Rangers now, none on the Bolts. I think the Rangers will respond and get this back to MSG. I have a feeling. Hopefully it's not just gas. :D

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
11287382_10200518942334273_1611406267_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5