Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 5 (Lightning Lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers are playing their 4th elimination game tomorrow night. LA played 7 elimination games last spring. Four against the Sharks. Game 6 and 7 against Anaheim. Game 7 against the Hawks. LA won the first two games in Anaheim. Lost the next three games to Anaheim. Won 6 and 7. Winning isn't easy. Adversity. Rangers in 7. The Rangers were in this spot in 2012 against Ottawa.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The Rangers are playing their 4th elimination game tomorrow night. LA played 7 elimination games last spring. Four against the Sharks. Game 6 and 7 against Anaheim. Game 7 against the Hawks. LA won the first two games in Anaheim. Lost the next three games to Anaheim. Won 6 and 7. Winning isn't easy. Adversity. Rangers in 7. The Rangers were in this spot in 2012 against Ottawa.

This Tampa team is better than the sharks Ottawa Anaheim. And the kings didn't have to win 2 str8 against the hawks the only team as good

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
My fortune cookie has a message for the team.

IMG_4670.jpg

BarbaraAlphanse

RB says something incredibly rational. Cue posts about how this specific team that we're up against is tougher than anything he alluded to.

It's easy to say in retrospect that a challenge wasn't as daunting as it seemed when it was occuring presently.

I'm sure there were some Kings fans before game 6 against the Ducks that were like "This Ducks team is better than the Sharks."

And after "This Hawks team is better than the Ducks".

And then this year "This Lightning team is better than any of those 3".

Every year there is a challenge that people jump off the boat when faced. Let the chips fall where they may tomorrow. This team is used to playing elimination games and being successful. Ride and die with them for me.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Win one game. Game 7 back at MSG.

How many people thought the Caps series was over.

One game at a time. Rangers have been saying it all season. Win tomorrow, winner takes all Friday.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
RB says something incredibly rational. Cue posts about how this specific team that we're up against is tougher than anything he alluded to.

It's easy to say in retrospect that a challenge wasn't as daunting as it seemed when it was occuring presently.

I'm sure there were some Kings fans before game 6 against the Ducks that were like "This Ducks team is better than the Sharks."

And after "This Hawks team is better than the Ducks".

And then this year "This Lightning team is better than any of those 3".

Every year there is a challenge that people jump off the boat when faced. Let the chips fall where they may tomorrow. This team is used to playing elimination games and being successful. Ride and die with them for me.
:yo:

Metranger

May 22, 2015
If they give their best effort and lose, then that's something I could live with.

Please give me one more game of joy.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Adam Herman ‏@AdamHerman_BSB 4m4 minutes ago
Of all playoff dmen who have played at least 150 minutes, Dan Boyle has allowed the few shot attempts against per 60 minutes.

TRADE HIM! WE CAN'T HAVE STUFF LIKE THIS HAPPEN ON OUR TEAM!

Dan Boyle = under appreciated

BarbaraAlphanse

We can all sit here and wonder what the Rangers need tomorrow.

They don't need another corporate, quaint, philosophical approach to winning this game.

They need their biggest players to put their money where their mouths are and impose their will on the Lightning. The 4th win is the hardest one to get.

Henrik needs to be a stone wall. Nash, Marty, Kreider, Stepan, Brassard, Hayes, Hagelin, Miller, Fast, and Moore. 10 guys that are all capable of scoring on any given night. Show up.

Make Tampa regret not closing us out in tomorrow's game. No calm. No philosophy. Just action.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Of all playoff dmen who have played at least 150 minutes, Dan Boyle has allowed the few shot attempts against per 60 minutes.

His partners awfulness gets blamed on him

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015

Yes.

His regular season GA60 was also lowest in the league for players with 900 minutes or more TOI during the regular season. That's out of nearly 300 players.

Like you say, Boyle is unsung.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

One game at a time. Rangers have been saying it all season. Win tomorrow, winner takes all Friday.

Exactly.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Mike Keenan would be bagging my groceries had Messier, Leetch, Graves, Zubov, and Richter not been Rangers.

And credit to the 1994 team but they got a joke Islanders team in the 1st round, got lucky that the 7 seed Caps knocked off the 2 seed Pens who owned us at the time, and we got the 7 seed out of the West. We had cupcake opponents in 3 of the 4 rounds. It's totally unfair to compare it to what this team has to face.

You know I wasn't dogging the 94 roster. I responded to a Mike Keenan game 6 reference.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Was at a BBQ all day yesterday. Drunk by 6. My plan all night was to get home and be in my spot for the game when I had an epiphany. All my friends who were at the BBQ get into hockey during the playoffs. I'm fine with that. My epiphany was... what's the point of having a favorite sports team to watch if you can't share it with the people whose company you enjoy having?

I stayed where I was instead of going to my spot, and the Rangers **** the ****ing bed.

I'm so, so sorry.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Win one game. Game 7 back at MSG. I

/QUOTE]
When the Rangers got back to 3-2, they had mojo, and I felt good going into game 6. I don't feel any Rangers mojo going into this game 6. That is the difference.

BarbaraAlphanse

Was at a BBQ all day yesterday. Drunk by 6. My plan all night was to get home and be in my spot for the game when I had an epiphany. All my friends who were at the BBQ get into hockey during the playoffs. I'm fine with that. My epiphany was... what's the point of having a favorite sports team to watch if you can't share it with the people whose company you enjoy having?

I stayed where I was instead of going to my spot, and the Rangers **** the ****ing bed.

I'm so, so sorry.

And I didn't go to Stout, where the Rangers haven't lost when I've gone during the post season.

Tomorrow, full juju is in effect again.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I'm so, so sorry.

How dare you have a life instead of watching the game? So selfish. You don't think about anyone else do you?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Win one game. Game 7 back at MSG. I

/QUOTE]
When the Rangers got back to 3-2, they had mojo, and I felt good going into game 6. I don't feel any Rangers mojo going into this game 6. That is the difference.

Well there was no mojo going into game 5 of Caps series.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ

I didn't...I even said we would come back and win when we fell behind

I don't have the same feeling this time and this lighting team is much better....but I still have hope

That is all I have left

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Yeah, but it was the Caps, not the Lightning. Many more offensive weapons. No comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln