Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 5 (Lightning Lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Geez.

Since you wish to continue to dig your own hole, what is the formula for acceptable deterioration?

If a player plays 20 bad games in a row, why complain when he plays poorly in his next game?

Why get mad at MSL?

You want to be cranky?

Get angry at AV for dressing MSL.

Exactly.

People need to understand u hit a point where ur no lo get just having bad games but ur a bad player.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
One is a rookie trying to break into the league on one of the deepest offenses in the NHL and the other is a veteran soon to be hall of famer. No comparison.

Yep. Not to say it would happen but I think a big factor in Torts getting fired was him scratching Richards that playoffs. Between that, the Hagelin comment in the media, and all the other things that happened he lost the support of the players in the locker room. I could imagine scratching MSL wouldn't go over too well with the players either. To me, it's a matter of AV sheltering MSL in terms of matchups and such. MSL should have been benched or ice time drastically cut when they went to three lines last night. I didn't see Fast much out there and he should have been playing over MSL.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Yep. Not to say it would happen but I think a big factor in Torts getting fired was him scratching Richards that playoffs. Between that, the Hagelin comment in the media, and all the other things that happened he lost the support of the players in the locker room. I could imagine scratching MSL wouldn't go over too well with the players either. To me, it's a matter of AV sheltering MSL in terms of matchups and such. MSL should have been benched or ice time drastically cut when they went to three lines last night. I didn't see Fast much out there and he should have been playing over MSL.

Sometimes players are sheltered to much. Torts said nothing but the truth. Hagelin is awful on the power play he doesn't have the offensive instinct or skill. Richards did deserve to be scratched. Torts wanted to win hockey games he didn't care how it happened or who he hurt along the way.

I'd rather have a coach like that then one that won't make a change because he's afraid to hurt someone s feelings (especially if that probably won't be back next year)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We have a lot of these games where we have the puck all night and do nothing because we're kept to the perimeter. We desperately lack a big shot on defense; something we haven't had since Bruce Driver in 1997.

Klein has power but blows at getting it through.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
What's the odds of AV being as good of a coach as Mike Keenan from here on out....Pride goeth before a fall.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Sometimes players are sheltered to much. Torts said nothing but the truth. Hagelin is awful on the power play he doesn't have the offensive instinct or skill. Richards did deserve to be scratched. Torts wanted to win hockey games he didn't care how it happened or who he hurt along the way.

I'd rather have a coach like that then one that won't make a change because he's afraid to hurt someone s feelings (especially if that probably won't be back next year)

Hurt someone's feelings? *cough cough Tanner glass *cough cough*

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
And who are you dressing in this case, Duclair?

Bourque, Lindberg, zucc(if he's healthy), klingberg(I heard he's hurt tho)

I'd rather play glass and give him 9-10 mins then have msl play 16+ minutes mainly on the pp and kill every power play chance we have

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mike Keenan would have lost game 6 of the 1994 ECF had Mark Messier not been a Ranger.

Mike Keenan would be bagging my groceries had Messier, Leetch, Graves, Zubov, and Richter not been Rangers.

And credit to the 1994 team but they got a joke Islanders team in the 1st round, got lucky that the 7 seed Caps knocked off the 2 seed Pens who owned us at the time, and we got the 7 seed out of the West. We had cupcake opponents in 3 of the 4 rounds. It's totally unfair to compare it to what this team has to face.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Look at all the pp goals we've scored... They all start on the left side away from msl or with the 2pp on the ice.

Msl has made 1 good play on the pp and even then it was a bad shot and bishop just gave up on it

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Double shift someone then.. Go 11 and 7 hunwick is one of the few guys with the skating ability to keep up with Tampa. Not that he'd be facing top 6 guys

Season on the line and you want Hunwick one the ice in any possible situation?

Last edited by a moderator:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Mike Keenan would be bagging my groceries had Messier, Leetch, Graves, Zubov, and Richter not been Rangers.

And credit to the 1994 team but they got a joke Islanders team in the 1st round, got lucky that the 7 seed Caps knocked off the 2 seed Pens who owned us at the time, and we got the 7 seed out of the West. We had cupcake opponents in 3 of the 4 rounds. It's totally unfair to compare it to what this team has to face.

Not this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad