Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
no sense in arguing over that 5v3, the problem is the 2 seniors shouldnt have been out there, thats all on AV sorry. Especially after they were just on for the 5v4 prior. Players such as nash and yandle sitting while these mopes run free. unreal

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Genuine question, i generally see people call for Haggerty when talking about bringing people up. What's so special about him? Why is he the guy, in my eyes, that most people ask for? Just curious.

Well, you can't really take anything Brn says with any shred of credibility whatsoever. That said, Haggerty had a pretty impressive preseason and he's a shooter, which we definitely need.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
While I don't mean to be overly critical, I am finding it hard not to be, given the above.

However, we did not help Hank here.

I called it before on the boards. Play Talbot. Give Lundy a rest.
After the game, they said he was something like 5-13 in game 2s.

Point is, it's late in the playoffs, and he's exhausted.
Whether he likes it or not, he gets a day off rest.

The other reason this is important is that they notice esp if tired, going to Hank's gloved hand, shooting above, might and in fact has worked.

Talbot's strength is a wicked fast gloved hand.
At min at least would force TB to think about shot selection a bit more.

Not that it's Hank's fault but at this point I wouldn't be against playing Talbot up 1-0 in the series just to try ANYTHING different. :laugh:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Not that it's Hank's fault but at this point I wouldn't be against playing Talbot up 1-0 in the series just to try ANYTHING different. :laugh:

Ugh, I knew someone was going to quote that post. Prepare for the **** storm of replies now about Talbot. :facepalm:

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
I blame both Boyle and MSL there. Boyle didnt give him a good pass but at the same time Boyle was trying to get it back to him quick to open a lane for a shot but MSL of course was looking PASS all the way. He was skating right back towards Boyle trying to move the puck around instead of taking the shot. At the end of the day, with a 5 on 3 and guys known to cough up the puck quite easily (Boyle/MSL), they should have never been on the ice to begin with. Anyway, thats the last I talk about this game. Onto game 3, they better learn from this.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nash's career playoff shooting percentage is 3.7 as opposed to 12.5 in the regular season. So all we need is luck.

I've erected a shrine in my backyard. I told you guys, I have tricks left.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
no sense in arguing over that 5v3, the problem is the 2 seniors shouldnt have been out there, thats all on AV sorry. Especially after they were just on for the 5v4 prior. Players such as nash and yandle sitting while these mopes run free. unreal
When he used MSL again on the PP after that 3/5 blunder I thought I was gonna pop a vessel.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Ugh, I knew someone was going to quote that post. Prepare for the **** storm of replies now about Talbot. :facepalm:

I'm actually terrified that the owning of the Rangers by Tampa [as in the early regular season] might be back. (disclaimer: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A PUTDOWN OF THE KING)They owned Lundqvist...so maybe if this ownage continues....????? :dunno:

Wolfy*

The Bishop owned the King...can't happen.

And now our great goalie must defend Rangers honor in Bishop's cathedral. What a task...long live King Henrik!

Niloc1*

I'm actually terrified that the owning of the Rangers by Tampa [as in the early regular season] might be back. (disclaimer: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A PUTDOWN OF THE KING)They owned Lundqvist...so maybe if this ownage continues....????? :dunno:

Fear is a natural instinct although it's basis is usually irrational.....

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This reminds me of when we gave up 7 in a playoff game to Montreal last year and everyone kinda flipped out. We responded by being pretty much perfect in the next game.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I think it's a good thing that Cooper is openly talking about taking the aura away from Lundqvist. That's the type of things the Caps said about him in 2012, 2013, and this season.

Wolfy*

This reminds me of when we gave up 7 in a playoff game to Montreal last year and everyone kinda flipped out. We responded by being pretty much perfect in the next game.

Last year they had that fighting spirit. They had Zucc, Stralman and Biron boy. Even MSL was great.

This year I can't find any of this.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good article on how Stralman has not only helped the Lightning this year, but hurt the Rangers as well:

http://www.tsn.ca/lightning-reap-rewards-for-signing-stralman-1.286365

That's the same question I have today.

:shakehead

That article is so ridiculous.

1. Why do people not understand? The decision was not Girardi vs. Stralman. It was Stralman vs. Boyle.

2. If anything, Girardi's been one of our best players in the playoffs. Complaining about him is crazy.

3. I'll still take Girardi over Stralman. He defends better than Stralman and I think Stralman's offensive output this season is a fluke, so I think we'll see him regress his offensive production.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
While I don't mean to be overly critical, I am finding it hard not to be, given the above.

However, we did not help Hank here.

I called it before on the boards. Play Talbot. Give Lundy a rest.
After the game, they said he was something like 5-13 in game 2s.

Point is, it's late in the playoffs, and he's exhausted.
Whether he likes it or not, he gets a day off rest.

The other reason this is important is that they notice esp if tired, going to Hank's gloved hand, shooting above, might and in fact has worked.

Talbot's strength is a wicked fast gloved hand.
At min at least would force TB to think about shot selection a bit more.

He's not exhausted. At all. And you called absolutely nothing.

You actually couldn't have been further from accurate. You suggested playing Talbot NOT because you thought he'd play better than Hank, but because you thought the team was on a roll and we could afford to. Talbot would've been every bit as slaughtered or more, and regardless of how the team played last night it had nothing to do with your suggestion at all. Not one iota. You called nothing. And furthermore, the idea, even today, was still equally outrageous and nonsensical. So please, c'mon now...

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm not convinced they were willing to be under long term, high AAV contracts to McD, Staal, G and Stralman.

So I do kind of look at it as Girardi vs Stralman.

Guess they could've moved Klein, perhaps.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Read the caption of the picture in the Brooks' article. He says that Hedman hits Nash. This is the same play that Nash came around on the boards and crushed Hedman behind the net ala Malkin on Girardi earlier this season. It's a little bit of bias by Larry.

People still skate over the fact that if Fast lifts that puck another inch, Nash is getting praised for creating a clutch scoring chance and goal while shorthanded to tie the game.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Have we ever taken such a thorough ass kicking in the playoffs in the AV era or even the previous Tortorella one? That was just a huge embarrassment of epic proportions. The equivalent of them coming into our homes and smacking us in the face and taking our wives with them. It must be paid with a thorough demolishing of our own and I don't think we have the ability to do it. We just don't have the horses. They are just better.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Have we ever taken such a thorough ass kicking in the playoffs in the AV era or even the previous Tortorella one? That was just a huge embarrassment of epic proportions. The equivalent of them coming into our homes and smacking us in the face and taking our wives with them. It must be paid with a thorough demolishing of our own and I don't think we have the ability to do it. We just don't have the horses. They are just better.

I dont disagree with the fact TB may be better, but just slow down slightly...this team got a standing O coming off the ice after the 2nd,. They dominated the final 6-7 minutes of that 2nd period, and looked primed to tie it in the 3rd....but Step takes a dumb penalty, their lethal PP converts, and all the air goes out. And 72 hours ago it looked like TB was lost against us. We've been the better team 5-on-5. Just stay out of the box, and we will have a chance.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Game 6 in Philly was pretty bad last year.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Game 5 in Montreal

It happens. Just stop giving them power plays

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
The good news is that a) the team knows what they did wrong. They basically handed the Bolts the game on a platter. b) the series is tied 1-1. C) we will be coming back to MSG up 3 games to 1. This team can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad