Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We had the 3rd best shooting % in the NHL over 82 games, and it dropped dramatically over these last 14 games.

How exactly does one address that? Are you suggesting that Sather addresses luck? That's my job. I do shrines. Sather makes us a better hockey team.

I think there are a few explanations. Nash and Miller really seem to be struggling mentally when they get near goal. Both have had so many good chances and they just aren't finishing them.

Klein shot the puck incredibly well early in the season and he just doesn't shoot the puck the same anymore. St. Louis as well, although I think his drop in shooting ability is more due to a drop in ability, whereas Klein's shooting percentage early in the season probably was unsustainably high and a bit of an anomaly that has corrected itself.

Being without Zucc doesn't help. He's not that great of a finisher, but it certainly doesn't help our shooting percentage adding Sheppard to the lineup to take Zucc's spot.

Another explanation is likely just that shooting percentage probably goes down a lot in the playoffs where the games aren't as open and you face better competition with better defenses and better goaltending.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Undisclosed injury lol.

I found it weird that the media was talking about it like he actually had an injury. Wasn't it speculated widely that he missed Game 1 because of the birth of his child? A day or two after, I heard people saying it was because he had an "undisclosed injury" and I was thinking I remember hearing it was because of the birth of his child.

Congrats to him and his wife. I wish he was still playing for us instead of #15.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
There's no time for babies here. How can you bring up babies at a time like this? We are in the middle of a war and the reason we got bombed last night is because we take prisoners. And how dare you post a picture of a traitor like Brian Boyle! No! No! I hope this post moves the page over. AWWWWWWW.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I rarely LOL for real on this site but this is a gem.

Also contrats Boiler! :handclap:

I heard a rumour that Brian Boyle was married last summer -
and now a kid. :)

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Tampa have scored more goals on PP in two games than Rangers have
scored in the entire playoffs this season.
MSL answ. 'yeah, they make plays.' :)

Well, what's wrong with Rangers PP coach or is't the team?
Why is Nash on PP - he doesn't score in playoffs anyway - such a waste I would use Hagelin instead
and he can shoot at least.

:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad