Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He also has a bloated contract and is incredibly injury prone.

Kessel for Nash is a deal I would look into, to be honest.

Kessel has a better shot. Nash is better at literally everything else imaginable including baking, jogging, and quantum physics.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'm not convinced they were willing to be under long term, high AAV contracts to McD, Staal, G and Stralman.

So I do kind of look at it as Girardi vs Stralman.

Guess they could've moved Klein, perhaps.

Yeah, long term they could've compared signing Stralman vs. Girardi and bringing in Boyle for the short term. They chose Girardi and I think that is a poor choice due to the mileage on him. That's sort of how I think the author of the article sees it too.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He also has a bloated contract and is incredibly injury prone.

Kessel for Nash is a deal I would look into, to be honest.

More money and years for a player worse at everything except shooting, why exactly?

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Not quite sure if it was 5 points in 30 games, but he laid a lot of 0s on the scoresheet since the new year. Also remember that one game where he was -4 and relegated to the 4th line vs. the Rangers back in February I believe.

8mil per until 2022 for a questionable player is a risk I hope the NYR don't take.

Nash's contract runs for 3 more seasons on the other hand.

It was 20 points in 44 games with 7 goals from January through April. 7 goals in nearly 4 months. I'm sure the coaching change influenced individual point totals, but that's not really a player I'd want in New York to rely on as the new go-to guy. He just doesn't strike me as a guy who would thrive in the NY spotlight. As much as I hate Nash's inability to score goals in the playoffs, I don't think I'd be willing to trade Nash+ for Kessel+whatever.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Kessel's 7 career playoff games are a wonderful sample, too.

It's 22.

I guess I'm the only person who likes Kessel. I've defended Nash a ton but I think Kessel could end up being a better fit on this team. We need goals, and Kessel would provide them in my opinion. I've always felt that he gets a ton of unfair criticism and that he could fit in better on a team that is competent.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's 22.

I guess I'm the only person who likes Kessel. I've defended Nash a ton but I think Kessel could end up being a better fit on this team. We need goals, and Kessel would provide them in my opinion. I've always felt that he gets a ton of unfair criticism and that he could fit in better on a team that is competent.

Ah yes, I forgot he was on Boston back in the day.

Of course if we're talking future, one guy is shooting 16.3 in the playoffs and one is shooting 3.7. I'm gonna take the one that has to rise at some point.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Man, this thread can't be turning into A 2014-15 season post-mortem.

It's one bad game, and I know Nash not scoring is an issue during the playoffs, but I think everyone should relax in talking about trade discussions. The series is tied 1-1!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
We had the 3rd best shooting % in the NHL over 82 games, and it dropped dramatically over these last 14 games.

How exactly does one address that? Are you suggesting that Sather addresses luck? That's my job. I do shrines. Sather makes us a better hockey team.

Well then you're ****ing fired.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I like Kessel the player and Kessel the person.

I don't like Kessel's contract and I certainly wouldn't trade him for Nash. At least when Nash isn't scoring, he's still very useful. When Kessel isn't scoring, he's racking up the minuses.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Man, this thread can't be turning into A 2014-15 season post-mortem.

It's one bad game, and I know Nash not scoring is an issue during the playoffs, but I think everyone should relax in talking about trade discussions. The series is tied 1-1!

I agree, for different reasons. Win or lose this year, this is a very good team with a lot of very good players on good contracts (you think MCD isn't worth almost twice his 4.5 mil a year?)that will be even better next year, with Hayes, Miller having more experience, a few good kids to replace the dead wood on the team (think MSL, Glass), and Sather has done well signing college kids like Hayes, maybe he can get another gem.

It takes a lot of luck as well as skill to go all the way, and we ain't dead yet, in fact, we're 1-1 in the ECF. So let's not trade the whole team.

If Nash wasn't making 8+ mil, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'd like a lot more from him, TBH, but he isn't the sole reason we are 1-1 instead of 2-0.

MSL was dreadful last night, Lundqvist wasn't very good, the whole team was sloppy as hell, and yet if Nash or Fast had scored short-handed, it would have been tied and a different game.

People get too high when we win, and want to trade half the team when we lose one game.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Ranger games are giving me mood swings

been following this team since 1979 and I thought when the team won the cup in 1994 nothing else would matter....but this postseason feels different...I find myself really happy and flying like a kite when the Rangers win a game, but if they lose I am a miserable person to be around...my fiancée is really pissed at me and can't wait till the season is over....how is everyone else handling these games?

Wolfy*

Hank is done...

11011254_10205716649770720_4198292232272049809_n.jpg

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
been following this team since 1979 and I thought when the team won the cup in 1994 nothing else would matter....but this postseason feels different...I find myself really happy and flying like a kite when the Rangers win a game, but if they lose I am a miserable person to be around...my fiancée is really pissed at me and can't wait till the season is over....how is everyone else handling these games?

Join the crowd - I have been following the team since January 8, 1962 and still get pissed when they play poorly or lose.

It's just a game, shouldn't matter, I'm a successful person, etc - still feel like **** after a loss.

Only thing I tell myself is that once they win the Cup, I won't have anything else to look forward to (in hockey).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hank is done...

11011254_10205716649770720_4198292232272049809_n.jpg

Yeah he's done after one bad game. Send him to the glue factory.

It's one game. We all freaked out after game 2 against Pitt and we all freaked out when they we're down 3-1. It sucks they got blown out at home but all this is now is a best of 5.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
The mental side of the game is overrated. This isn't chess.

Most comebacks are one team getting lucky or getting unsustainable goaltending for a few games, and then it stops.

See: Capitals vs Rangers, 2015 Metro Division Finals.

We didn't give up and that's cool, but that's about as far is it extends. The rest was Holtby going from a .970 to a human sv%.

Couldn't disagree more, but to each their own. Not about to get into a pissing contest after yesterday's performance.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Oh, no way is it that bad for me. My family is more important. I love this team but it is only a game and even IF they DO win the Cup, it won't really affect my life personally except bragging rights. It isn't like my house gets paid off or my other bills paid or anything. LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad