Post-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers Game 2 (Series Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
So I heard some people are blaming Boyle on the 5 on 3 goal? Really? I mean, really?

We run that play literally every powerplay between Boyle and Brassard and it never goes wrong. As soon as you put MSL into the equation the skies open up and rain lava, as usual. But let's blame Boyle. :laugh:

MSL toe-picked trying to handle a pass from Boyle that was in his skates. How does Boyle not share at least some of the blame for making a terrible pass?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
MSL toe-picked trying to handle a pass from Boyle that was in his skates. How does Boyle not share at least some of the blame for making a terrible pass?

Because MSL not being able to accept a clean and easy pass with almost no pressure on him doesn't make it a bad pass?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The other thing is we need more scoring.

Besides Nash actually putting the puck in the net, we need to replace Zuc and a suddenly MIA MSL.

If we don't already have a spot from Zuc, Marty should get a hamstring, and we should give Haggerty a shot, since he has one.

That's not ideal, but better than playing down a man.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Great article by Gross.

And captain McD was actually mad. You don't hear him talk like that about the team much, about time he speaks up as the team leader.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

The only part I don't find great is his 3rd star: Dan Boyle: "Though he struggled defensively..."
Well, with all due respect, he's a defenseman lol. You can't have your defenseman admittedly struggle defensively and be considered a star, imo lol.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'd be just as mad about this loss if it was a 3-2 loss, to be honest.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Because MSL not being able to accept a clean and easy pass with almost no pressure on him doesn't make it a bad pass?

Sorry, but it was undoubtedly a bad pass. As much as MSL should be held accountable, no way Boyle should get off scott free for that. Watch the replays again. Boyle definitely didn't make a good pass. I'm kinda surprised it was even up for debate. Thought the bad pass part was as clear as the MSL cluster**** part.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Sorry, but it was undoubtedly a bad pass. As much as MSL should be held accountable, no way Boyle should get off scott free for that. Watch the replays again. Boyle definitely didn't make a good pass. I'm kinda surprised it was even up for debate. Thought the bad pass part was as clear as the MSL cluster**** part.

What about it is a bad pass? Quick puck movement on the PP. Boyle had no shooting lane. MSL is at the point clearly ready for the pass to come to him, he's even clearly watching Boyle as he surveys the point. MSL drifts too close to Boyle and he takes himself out of position to accept the pass.

And if Boyle held on to that puck and waited a second longer to pass it, we'd all by crying about how we don't move the puck fast enough.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
He doesn't read HFBOARDS...

Why do people always repeat this narrow minded view? How do you know he doesn't? Do you have any idea how many players read these boards? Do you honestly think players don't? Because trust me... TONS of them do...

Harleydude666*

I don't know guys but I'm really having a bad day trying to digest this. I'm really nervous about losing this series. These guys are fast but the biggest reason I'm not feeling good about this is the size of their G. He kneels down and still our guys can't see the net. I hope you guys can give me some bullet points on why we will fair better. But I would hate to lose this series based on the fact their G is a giant

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That pass wasn't on the tape but you shouldn't be falling over yourself trying to receive a pass that slow. MSL made 3 major **** ups on that sequence.

Bungled the pass

Missed the puck on last ditch back check

Goes barreling into our best player

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I didn't read all these posts in here but the refereeing is very confusing. In every game this year they let 90% of the garbage go, swallowed their whistles. Now they decide last night to call literally everything, or 90%. It's just makes you scratch your head. I guess it's either feast or famine with these guys.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
What about it is a bad pass? Quick puck movement on the PP. Boyle had no shooting lane. MSL is at the point clearly ready for the pass to come to him, he's even clearly watching Boyle as he surveys the point. MSL drifts too close to Boyle and he takes himself out of position to accept the pass.

And if Boyle held on to that puck and waited a second longer to pass it, we'd all by crying about how we don't move the puck fast enough.

Tampa had two men up high. Boyle moved the puck to where TB actually had numbers. And the puck was in MSL's skates. Everything about it was a recipe for disaster.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I didn't read all these posts in here but the refereeing is very confusing. In every game this year they let 90% of the garbage go, swallowed their whistles. Now they decide last night to call literally everything, or 90%. It's just makes you scratch your head. I guess it's either feast or famine with these guys.

That was very apparent last night. The way they called that game ruined the flow, and allowed special teams to decide it. This is playoff hockey, they need to let the small things go, and only call the obvious stuff.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Rangers have a 6pm availability here in Tampa. Will bring you noteworthy news then”

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
I'd be just as mad about this loss if it was a 3-2 loss, to be honest.

I'd rather be blown out then lose a close one that we would have looked back on and said "if only this bounce or that bounce happened we would of won"

Why do people always repeat this narrow minded view? How do you know he doesn't? Do you have any idea how many players read these boards? Do you honestly think players don't? Because trust me... TONS of them do...

I'd say the younger generation does anyone under 28 give or take

Brock Sampson

Feb 23, 2014
The other thing is we need more scoring.

Besides Nash actually putting the puck in the net, we need to replace Zuc and a suddenly MIA MSL.

If we don't already have a spot from Zuc, Marty should get a hamstring, and we should give Haggerty a shot, since he has one.

That's not ideal, but better than playing down a man.

Genuine question, i generally see people call for Haggerty when talking about bringing people up. What's so special about him? Why is he the guy, in my eyes, that most people ask for? Just curious.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

I'm not absolving MSL from his blunder, but that pass was hardly "clean and easy." MSL was winding up for a one timer, and gets a pass to his far skate instead.

Should MSL have fallen over? No, but Boyle missed that pass by a wide margin. For how close he was when he made the pass, that's pretty terrible.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Genuine question, i generally see people call for Haggerty when talking about bringing people up. What's so special about him? Why is he the guy, in my eyes, that most people ask for? Just curious.

He wouldn't be the first choice, but the reason some might be mentioning is his name is from what he did in the pre-season for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia