Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
If we lose the next couple of games, I'm sure this thread will pick up again!

I don’t mind a competitive loss. What bothers me are those games where they simply don’t show up and bobble the puck the entire game. If they can keep those types of games to a minimum I’ll be fine with it.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
This attitude is so garbage on this forum. I act like a cancer so all of you are lesser than me.
Wut? The poster I answered tried to ridicule everyone who will complain about Tallon in the future, if the team starts losing again. What kind of attitude is that?

Now that Luongo is back, Tallon is a great GM and we can't criticize him anymore.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well, then, why the hell don't they call him up instead of Hutchinson next time? And if Reimer can't get the job done next time Luongo needs a night off, bench him and give Montembault a shot.
I've been sayin !~!~!~!

When Lu goes, I want him in. NOBODY else.

Before Lu goes, I want him to learn from Lu.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@FinlandPanther @Acadmus why don't you guys judge Reimer and Hutch for how they play when the team isn't playing like a hot heapin' messy pile of elephant shit? Reimer looked pretty great vs Ottawa except for the rare goal I actually considered to be total garbage on the goalie, he stopped 30 or so shots with the defense in their positions...meanwhile I thought he looked better in a couple games people were trashing on him. Hutch was just ok to me and by no means did he look on top of his game, but if he gets a chance while the team is strokin....Reimer wasn't so bad end of last year either compared to the beginning few months it took the team to get it together.....

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@FinlandPanther @Acadmus why don't you guys judge Reimer and Hutch for how they play when the team isn't playing like a hot heapin' messy pile of elephant ****? Reimer looked pretty great vs Ottawa except for the rare goal I actually considered to be total garbage on the goalie, he stopped 30 or so shots with the defense in their positions...meanwhile I thought he looked better in a couple games people were trashing on him. Hutch was just ok to me and by no means did he look on top of his game, but if he gets a chance while the team is strokin....Reimer wasn't so bad end of last year either compared to the beginning few months it took the team to get it together.....
Don't bother. No matter how many times you try and tell them, they're even throwing Lu under the bus in tonight's GDT. Just goes to show...

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Don't bother. No matter how many times you try and tell them, they're even throwing Lu under the bus in tonight's GDT. Just goes to show...
I don't know what's more frustrating, watching a team leaving a goalie out to dry, or reading wayyy too many otherwise intelligent people blame the guy being left out to dry...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Reimer was directly responsible for our slow start. Period. The team was playing good in front of them. Out playing the other team consistently. When u let terrible goals in at terrible times no team is gonna win and eventually deflates them. This is black white. They didn’t start playing better when luongo got healthy. They just got saves they should have and some they shouldn’t have too. Like every other good team. Goalies on good teams bail them out often when they make a mistake because mistakes happen all over the ice. Reimer didn’t do shit and neither did hutch. Simple as that

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I didn’t throw luo under the bus tonight. Wasn’t his best performance and he probably could’ve saved a couple but the D left him out to dry.
Don't mind me, i always jump down throats any time someone so much as mentions a goalie in that situation.

Reimer was directly responsible for our slow start. Period. The team was playing good in front of them. Out playing the other team consistently. When u let terrible goals in at terrible times no team is gonna win and eventually deflates them. This is black white. They didn’t start playing better when luongo got healthy. They just got saves they should have and some they shouldn’t have too. Like every other good team. Goalies on good teams bail them out often when they make a mistake because mistakes happen all over the ice. Reimer didn’t do **** and neither did hutch. Simple as that
Funny how all this makes me remember how underrated Osgood truly was. And Irbe.

He wasn't directly responsible. They weren't.* I will still maintain they weren't to blame on a few goals people here ripped them for. But I won't argue, with Lu's performances and the saves he was making thru the EDM game especially, as evidence, that they made a positive difference either. That's obvious to all.

Do I think Lu could've turned some of those losses to wins? Of course. Roberto Luongo is also a very rare piece of 100+ year long history of Stanley Cup Hockey. Like Hank. Like Quick. Not many in their tier.

Even Hasek and Roy didnt keep every game under 2 goals. Were they terrible or worth blaming for a given loss?

Reimer and Hutch are back ups in the NHL because they're good enough to be there. At this point I'd rather have them than the goalies for the isles, devils, flyers, canucks, carolina, and dallas. They are not terrible as too many suggest.

That's obviously not including the youth like Sam who have yet to get a shot, but as it stands this is the best the world can do.

To put a negative spin on a goalie for things nobody can do is to cheapen and make routine the special things Lu, Hank, and Quick do. Well enough to keep their jobs and reputations as long as health takes em.

30 teams in the best league on the planet.

It is a reason I say this is one aspect of human life that it really does take first hand experience to get a full understanding to be able to truly and fairly judge another.

To this guy who's felt Alexei Kovalev's shot not only zing by his mask, but had his first shot dent my face cage- this shit is hard. And I gotta try and keep my balance on this slippery shit with all this wet heavy shit...and i gotta stop this shit this guy is paid millions and millions of dollars to stop...can you imagine? Ive said all this before, im saying all this again, and taking for granted nobody reads this shit anyway or changes their views on their own-Ill continue to say this shit.

All that said and in other words, only the best of the best of the best of 100 years of hockey MIGHT have made a difference in the games you guys are trashing Reimer and now Hutch for.
None of them wouldve saved some of the goals I have seen people put on them in the GDTs. That's not opinion, that's science and physical possiblility.

I saw enough people blame him for the Yandle deflection own goal...you people need to stop and rethink this, and not because **I*** think I'm better than anyone (because I think if y'all experienced what I'm trying to express y'all would understand just the same), but because y'all really are expecting more out of another human at times than you really should be.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I couldn’t imagine having to deal with one professional sniper taking shots at me much less odd man rushes all game with multiple options. It’s amazing their reflexes are that sharp. Serious super human stuff imo.
Imagine what it feels like if it actually hits you LMAO the intense feeling of the combination of smell of burnt rubber and ringing ears like no other shot I've felt. Sometimes it catches ya between the pads, or on a weak spot of the pad, or catches your finger between the puck and the stick its holding- finishing the game not fully able to grip the stick and when you make a stick save you feel every bit of that vibration channeling thru your blown up balloon finger...on top of all that shit you just said! (Again still trying to balance and navigate on the ice with the cumbersome protective stuff)....while people shout at you and people judge you and how much skill you do and dont have and decide how much money your life is worth and expect things not humnaly possible...all at once

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Well, then, why the hell don't they call him up instead of Hutchinson next time? And if Reimer can't get the job done next time Luongo needs a night off, bench him and give Montembault a shot.

Good question. Probably something between “Tallon has been afraid ever since Markstrom” to “Montebeault needs more starts at the AHL level” to “he is only eligible for waivers so many times” to a bunch of other questionable excuses.

I don’t know. But Montembeault, so far as I’m concerned, is regarded as “the goalie of the future” internally.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Good question. Probably something between “Tallon has been afraid ever since Markstrom” to “Montebeault needs more starts at the AHL level” to “he is only eligible for waivers so many times” to a bunch of other questionable excuses.

I don’t know. But Montembeault, so far as I’m concerned, is regarded as “the goalie of the future” internally.
..and I think he couldve turned a couple earlier losses around, but not last night

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
It was bound to happen, sooner or later.....An off game. Wasn't just the D that left Lu out to dry but forwards too. I mean, Huby was a -6. That's got to be a Panther record for a game. Not really blaming the forwards or the D or Lu, I think it was an all out team effort. They all mailed it in against Columbus in that 3rd period.

I'm curious to see how they respond after that miserable 3rd.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
It was bound to happen, sooner or later.....An off game. Wasn't just the D that left Lu out to dry but forwards too. I mean, Huby was a -6. That's got to be a Panther record for a game. Not really blaming the forwards or the D or Lu, I think it was an all out team effort. They all mailed it in against Columbus in that 3rd period.

I'm curious to see how they respond after that miserable 3rd.

In fairness to -6 Huberdeau, I distinctively remember him being the last man back on another breakaway around the outside as Matheson’s watched from the blue line.

I think we were rolling 4 forwards late, but it doesn’t matter. There’s no excuse for a defender watching a forward get beaten along the outside as the last man back.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
In fairness to -6 Huberdeau, I distinctively remember him being the last man back on another breakaway around the outside as Matheson’s watched from the blue line.

I think we were rolling 4 forwards late, but it doesn’t matter. There’s no excuse for a defender watching a forward get beaten along the outside as the last man back.
No doubt it's a BS stat anyway unless you're playing fantasy hockey...

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I personally don't like our style of play. It makes us constantly open to odd man rushes. I thought I would like the newer run and gun style but I kinda miss gallants d first grind style... I don't think boughner is a bad coach. I just don't think this is working for our team. I don't know what the answer is... But a team shouldn't need a goalie to stand on their head every night. I personally don't agree that we need just good goaltending. I think we need great to amazing win. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: Rahooji

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I personally don't like our style of play. It makes us constantly open to odd man rushes. I thought I would like the newer run and gun style but I kinda miss gallants d first grind style... I don't think boughner is a bad coach. I just don't think this is working for our team. I don't know what the answer is... But a team shouldn't need a goalie to stand on their head every night. I personally don't agree that we need just good goaltending. I think we need great to amazing win. That's just my opinion.
We aren’t run and gun. It just appears that way sometimes when we make bad turnovers.

We are outchancing and outshooting our opponents most nights. We control the play. And when we get good goaltending we win.

Goaltending is most important position on ice by far. Spotting the Rangers two or three easy goals last night from bad play, that Luo even admitted, is going to cost you wins.

Lundquist stood on his head. Luo made a couple big saves but you gotta get those in this league. There’s probably a strong correlation with strong goaltending and a winning record.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think Boog’s been okay. Very unconventional with his systems. I don’t like forechecking without actually throwing the body once in a while. Their new power play breakout is working but is downright scary to watch. The puck carrier skating to center ice only to blindly spin and throw it back to another player to enter the zone with speed? I mean it’s working but I cringe every time they do it. They just look soft overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad