Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
We aren’t run and gun. It just appears that way sometimes when we make bad turnovers.

We are outchancing and outshooting our opponents most nights. We control the play. And when we get good goaltending we win.

Goaltending is most important position on ice by far. Spotting the Rangers two or three easy goals last night from bad play, that Luo even admitted, is going to cost you wins.

Lundquist stood on his head. Luo made a couple big saves but you gotta get those in this league. There’s probably a strong correlation with strong goaltending and a winning record.

I agree that Lu needs to be playing the shooter and not waiting for the cross crease pass. I don’t think he trusts his defense.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I don't know what's more frustrating, watching a team leaving a goalie out to dry, or reading wayyy too many otherwise intelligent people blame the guy being left out to dry...
The thing with Reimer and Hutch is, the shots against were WAYYYY down (22-25 per game). They weren't being hung out to dry, maybe exposed on certain plays. Problem with Reimer that cost the Panthers so much, from game 1, is he can't seem to handle 1 on 1 situations at all. It led to losses in most shootouts, and blown leads on a number of occasions.

And for two straight games Luongo has done his best impersonation of Hutchinson, so I have to ask here, who's dropping the ball (and I'd wager on purpose), goalies or defense? And why? Or is Luongo simply too old to handle more than 5 games in a row and we REALLY need to get a backup that will give the team enough confidence to win games?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The thing with Reimer and Hutch is, the shots against were WAYYYY down (22-25 per game). They weren't being hung out to dry, maybe exposed on certain plays. Problem with Reimer that cost the Panthers so much, from game 1, is he can't seem to handle 1 on 1 situations at all. It led to losses in most shootouts, and blown leads on a number of occasions.

And for two straight games Luongo has done his best impersonation of Hutchinson, so I have to ask here, who's dropping the ball (and I'd wager on purpose), goalies or defense? And why? Or is Luongo simply too old to handle more than 5 games in a row and we REALLY need to get a backup that will give the team enough confidence to win games?
...wait...before anything...on purpose?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
First word I saw was ‘fired’. Imagine my disappointment when it was about an ex-Flyer.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I feel like Panthers are the only underperforming team that hasn't done anything. Kings, Blues, Oil, Hawks, and now Philly. I get it, we want stability, but what's the point of stability for stability sake?

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I’m not ready to fire Tallon, especially for someone who’s biggest problem was not being able to find a good goalie.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
He wanted talbot before. Wondering if he still would.. change of scenery could do him well but that stats haven't looked great.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
reimer is fine. definitely an nhl goalie and we got him at a bargain price. my problem is with lou. he seems to lose concentration at times and i believe there is some physical, or mental issue with him. the first game, or 2 after injury were fine, but after that he didn't look good. i think they are over playing him, or there is a problem they are not telling us about. i watch the games on tv so i really don't get a good overall perspective. can someone who actually goes to the game give me their perspective on lou.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
reimer is fine. definitely an nhl goalie and we got him at a bargain price. my problem is with lou. he seems to lose concentration at times and i believe there is some physical, or mental issue with him. the first game, or 2 after injury were fine, but after that he didn't look good. i think they are over playing him, or there is a problem they are not telling us about. i watch the games on tv so i really don't get a good overall perspective. can someone who actually goes to the game give me their perspective on lou.

I don't hate Reimer, but man, he has been so hot and cold -- and mostly cold -- that I don't know how you can consider him a bargain.

If he plays like he did last night, then I'm fine with him. Not great, but the goals that went in... breakaway and two very well executed deflections... fine, I can live with that.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If he doesn't address the goaltending by the end of this homestand then ya I think management better have someone ready to take his place. Still think it will be Pronger if he doesn't chase the PHI job, both teams are in dire need of goal tending and that's the major thing holding them back.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So fans are clamouring for any move just for the sake of trying something. Even tho that has
Been proven over time to rarely work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad