Tallon’s time is up?

Should Tallon be fired?

• Total voters

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I have been a huge Tallon advocate for a long time, but this is unacceptable. He will never make a big trade to get this team to where it needs to be. Yes he got us Hoffman but that was just smooth like most of his minor acquisitions. We need someone who isn’t scared to make that big trade to get us what we need.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I have been a huge Tallon advocate for a long time, but this is unacceptable. He will never make a big trade to get this team to where it needs to be. Yes he got us Hoffman but that was just smooth like most of his minor acquisitions. We need someone who isn’t scared to make that big trade to get us what we need.
We need our core team to carry the load though. That extra big piece should just be the icing on the cake.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Columbus got jones. Sacrifice is necessary.
Yup. Tallon likes prospects too much.

Top 4 are hard to get but we’ve got a GM who goes bargain bin shopping which is fine but sometimes you gotta pay and it’s obvious we have a big need on D.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I just said YES.

I wanted him gone after the expansion draft. I don’t need to revisit that or a bunch of his bad decisions.

Just fire him and move on.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Right now, no. We miss the playoffs again, YES please.

With our luck, we fire him now, Seattle contacts him to be their GM and they proceed to win the Cup in their first year of existence...

But since this was brought up... say we fire him come April, or even earlier if we're still bottom 5 a few months from now. Who's the replacement?

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
They need to blow this whole thing sky high and start from scratch like the leafs did. Front office, coaching staff, core all need to go. It's just not working.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
We're all aware that we got 96 points last year, right?

Is this team perfect? Heck no.

Will we compete for the playoffs?Yes.

If we miss, yeah, I'm down to sack tallon.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They need to blow this whole thing sky high and start from scratch like the leafs did. Front office, coaching staff, core all need to go. It's just not working.
You don’t just get rid of a whole core. My keepers however would only be Trocheck and Barkov. The rest can be had.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It’s been a question looming though for a while.
We had what would at worst be considered a decent off-season. This has been looming one week. The poll as I interpreted it was to fire him now, which to me is insane. I dont think you could find one post from this summer from anyone (even those who dont like Tallon) who wanted that.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
To anyone who wants him fired now, I ask 2 questions.

1. Do you trust ownership to find someone better? They tried that once, how did that go? Personally, if they miss I'd be down to fire him asap but I'm still slightly reluctant because this ownership has not instilled any confidence that they aren't terrible. You're a Panthers fan, you know there's no rock bottom with this franchise.

2. You know the team loves Tallon. When Gallant was axed, how did they respond? Unless you feel that 1-3 is insurmountable, why would now be the time to essentially blow it up. They could easily be 2-0-2 right now. At least give it to American Thanksgiving.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->