Tallon’s time is up? (2020 edition)

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
This is why it’s so hard. Honestly who do you choose to get rid of? Yandle sucks defensively but he puts up a lot of points and QBs our power play. Matheson on his best nights which is like 2 of 7 games looks like a top pair guy and then the next 5 looks like he drools on himself when he gets deep into thought. I think we need a #2 with Ekblad and then a number 4 guy. We need to trade prospects for this.

Tough call but I'd probably keep Yandle. You know what you get with him and he's less bipolar. With Math he's either great or a total disaster like yesterday, that kind of inconsistency kills in this league.

But ideally you move both.

Reactions: batting1k

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Tough call but I'd probably keep Yandle. You know what you get with him and he's less bipolar. With Math he's either great or a total disaster like yesterday, that kind of inconsistency kills in this league.

But ideally you move both.
Agreed. I wonder how Yandle’s value is around the league. Matheson jsut sucks most of the time.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Agreed. I wonder how Yandle’s value is around the league. Matheson jsut sucks most of the time.

That's tough again. Yandle has value in the right scenario where a team needs a PP qb. His contract isn't an albatross and has three years left which is manageable. He isn't too old and never gets injured.

Math's deal runs for an eternity but he has that upside where he looks like a legit two-way, top pairing guy. Maybe if you ship him home to Montreal where the lights are bright he'll get his shit together. Maybe a rebuilding team who can live with his growing pains is willing to take a chance with him.

For both guys it's about finding the right scenario and they have value.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That's tough again. Yandle has value in the right scenario where a team needs a PP qb. His contract isn't an albatross and has three years left which is manageable. He isn't too old and never gets injured.

Math's deal runs for an eternity but he has that upside where he looks like a legit two-way, top pairing guy. Maybe if you ship him home to Montreal where the lights are bright he'll get his **** together. Maybe a rebuilding team who can live with his growing pains is willing to take a chance with him.

Their cap space is honestly the most important thing for me. They free up 11 mil and that can get you 2 top 4 guys.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It’s high if he doesn’t have a NMC.

but Hard to say where he would go and it’s going to be limited options so probably fairly average value. We could probably get rid of the contract. Not sure what we’d get back.

The guy produces, is healthy, and has a fair contract.
NMC screws things up

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Math's deal runs for an eternity but he has that upside where he looks like a legit two-way, top pairing guy. Maybe if you ship him home to Montreal where the lights are bright he'll get his **** together. Maybe a rebuilding team who can live with his growing pains is willing to take a chance with him.

If we pay Seattle to take Matheson they might do it.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Bob hasn’t played up to legit #1 level this year but he’s saved this team from falling out of the playoff race post all star break. He may be turning the corner but the team defense does him no favors.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He's incapable of doing that. Previously it required the Calculator to step in and relieve Guds, Kuli and Luce from their duties. He's the man with the master plan that isn't so masterful after all.
He moved Bjugstad, so we can hope it’s possible. It just takes him too long to move on bc he’s overly patient and certainly enamored with his guys.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Idk who’d want 6 more years of matheson with a modified ntc in the last 4 years I believe?

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I'm in full agreement with the situation of the team Tallon has stated (getting Ek a good defense partner, Still's rise and Math's inconsistencies), pretty much fixing the defense. Whether it's Dale or Q complaining to him, I want to see how they resolve it.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
A rebuilding team that has cap space and will eat bad contracts for picks. Anaheim has already said they will do this.
If they take mathesons contract in full I’ll gladly give up a 1st rounder. We already did it with crouse/bolland. Too bad we’re in situation where we have to give away first rounders just to cover up for tallon’s boneheaded mistakes, but given that that’s the situation I’d be totally ok with it.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Lmao Bob has been the only player awake since the all star game, Florida should be 0-4 he has stolen 3 points
About f***ing time he steals a few. He has been bad for well over 20 games this season.

While Bobs contract is clearly an overpayment. He would look fine if this team could play competent defense ever.

Drieger looks fine behind the defense. What gives?

Bob hasn’t played up to legit #1 level this year but he’s saved this team from falling out of the playoff race post all star break. He may be turning the corner but the team defense does him no favors.
If he had played like and average goalie all year long, we would be close to Boston point wise, not deseperatly scrambling for the last spot.

Reactions: I am not exposed

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
The team plays much better in front of Drieger. They don’t trust him as much as a superstar goalie
You think they trust Bob? Do you think the team is chuck full of morons or something? Bob hasn't played like a superstar and it's probably the opposite; they are scared shitless and grip their stick too hard because anything can go in at any given time on Bob.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You think they trust Bob? Do you think the team is chuck full of morons or something? Bob hasn't played like a superstar and it's probably the opposite; they are scared ****less and grip their stick too hard because anything can go in at any given time on Bob.
Well I mean I’ve watched Yandle and Matheson play defense for 4 seasons so yes I do believe they are full of morons.

Reactions: klabob

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Contract isn't an albatross but he has an NMC.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
You think they trust Bob? Do you think the team is chuck full of morons or something? Bob hasn't played like a superstar and it's probably the opposite; they are scared ****less and grip their stick too hard because anything can go in at any given time on Bob.

They are full of morons. It's the same mistakes over and over again despite all of these coaches, including Q who's going to be in the HOF. I still cannot believe people are putting most of the blame on Bob.

They're good for a game or a few, then they're not and we wonder what happened or how they've changed after the break, etc.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
They are full of morons. It's the same mistakes over and over again despite all of these coaches, including Q who's going to be in the HOF. I still cannot believe people are putting most of the blame on Bob.

They're good for a game or a few, then they're not and we wonder what happened or how they've changed after the break, etc.

I’d add we have a losing culture and poor leadership

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
1 bad week and we're ready to riot again. We were fine with this same exact roster like 2 weeks ago. We'll be fine. Take a deep breath...

I'll be worried if we don't show up for the 2 flyers games coming up which is basically a mini-playoff series

One bad Week, eeeeeeehhhh did you already forget how this Season started? It was not even 3-4 Weeks played where the first asked to trade away Matheson and asked is this enough to be a PO Team.
People hear was unhappy, with Matheson, Trocheck, Ekbald, Borgstrom, the Coach, the Team.

Its interisting when you know that the GM called it a proveing Year and we have still Player on the Team who prove nothing this Year and our GM still waiting till TDL to make a move. If we gets to far out of the PO Race we are more Seller then Buyer. But on the other Way, he also said this Team a Buyer and we doing some upgrade.

Now i start to think. It´s another tight Year and some Teams a clear out of any Race, beside for the 1st Pick overall. But he cant anything to upgrade this Team, also to prevent something.
Sorry proven Year you need an upgrade then do it, you have to pay more then do it. But do it and dont throw around Words, you cant hold.
Prevent before its to late, but this GM dont have it in him, its not kind of Hockey Way.

I cant remember it to often, we get Jagr for a 2nd and 3rd it took out to be the Best Deal we could make. Dale Tallon words was "If i know that it turn out this Way i would do it earlier."
With earlier he means that Deal and offer, was able to do 3 Weeks earlier. The formal offer was on the table 3 Weeks befor.
Forget my Point here, with Jagr on this Team 3 Weeks earlier, they made the PO and doesnt miss by a few Points.

In the next Step you hear from his Interview, i learned from my Mistakes in Chicago. What was the mistakes that cost him his Job, could it be doesnt get the Trade together the Team needed.
The next GM did it and it turned out to be the right moves.

This Year is not even time to prove for the Team, also for the GM to get it together on his endless rebuild. The Rebuild Time is over, now should be a PO Time. As a Franchise you need this Time, PO Time means time to Build a History on your Team and make you a Name.
There are many Teams in this League getting better Year after Year while in the PO and makeing there self a Name, this Franchise need it.

So again our GM should get it together, as the Founder of this Roster.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
One bad Week, eeeeeeehhhh did you already forget how this Season started? It was not even 3-4 Weeks played where the first asked to trade away Matheson and asked is this enough to be a PO Team.
People hear was unhappy, with Matheson, Trocheck, Ekbald, Borgstrom, the Coach, the Team.

Its interisting when you know that the GM called it a proveing Year and we have still Player on the Team who prove nothing this Year and our GM still waiting till TDL to make a move. If we gets to far out of the PO Race we are more Seller then Buyer. But on the other Way, he also said this Team a Buyer and we doing some upgrade.

Now i start to think. It´s another tight Year and some Teams a clear out of any Race, beside for the 1st Pick overall. But he cant anything to upgrade this Team, also to prevent something.
Sorry proven Year you need an upgrade then do it, you have to pay more then do it. But do it and dont throw around Words, you cant hold.
Prevent before its to late, but this GM dont have it in him, its not kind of Hockey Way.

I cant remember it to often, we get Jagr for a 2nd and 3rd it took out to be the Best Deal we could make. Dale Tallon words was "If i know that it turn out this Way i would do it earlier."
With earlier he means that Deal and offer, was able to do 3 Weeks earlier. The formal offer was on the table 3 Weeks befor.
Forget my Point here, with Jagr on this Team 3 Weeks earlier, they made the PO and doesnt miss by a few Points.

In the next Step you hear from his Interview, i learned from my Mistakes in Chicago. What was the mistakes that cost him his Job, could it be doesnt get the Trade together the Team needed.
The next GM did it and it turned out to be the right moves.

This Year is not even time to prove for the Team, also for the GM to get it together on his endless rebuild. The Rebuild Time is over, now should be a PO Time. As a Franchise you need this Time, PO Time means time to Build a History on your Team and make you a Name.
There are many Teams in this League getting better Year after Year while in the PO and makeing there self a Name, this Franchise need it.

So again our GM should get it together, as the Founder of this Roster.

And yet we're IN a playoff spot right now with a game in hand, on pace for 99 points, which I would be thrilled with any other year.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
And yet we're IN a playoff spot right now with a game in hand, on pace for 99 points, which I would be thrilled with any other year.

And doesn't give us right now a secure PO Spot. So what is proven that our Team is inconsistent and the same Player that are bad last year, been it this Year?

And the Player we signed made the best improvements. 3 of 4 of them.

I'm thrilled if we would play more consistent and made some improvements. Btw our PK play are bad and D play still not good.
But possible 99 Points Race. Possible and those Game in hands are also an Air Bubble, with possible 2 Points.

A lot of its not is.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013

Hopefully they pull out of this slump they are in soon. They won't be near 99 points let alone the playoffs if they keep up this effort, whether Barkov is healthy or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad