Management Sweeney: "We're Looking to Make Changes" - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Unless BUF goes braindead and takes 4 quarters for a dollar (like we did with Seguin), it feels like Pasta would be pretty fair value. In a vacuum, I think teams would rather have Eichel than Pasta, but if you take the contract into account, it evens out.

So if such a deal was on the table, I'd do it. But I wouldn't add (much) to such a proposal.
I wouldn’t add anything. Pasta has helped get the Bruins into the playoffs. Eichel has done nothing but complain. Eichel isn’t worth more than Pasta.

if the B’s were to trade for him, then they would suck because there would be nothing left to take advantage of getting a player of his type. Unless they take a Seguin return.Lol.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you can’t move Rask or take pennies on a deal and you take Lou Eriksson’s contract you’re cap you have left will be minimal. Plus nothing would be addressed like 2 D and a top 6 Wing. I would have zero interest in a trade with Vancouver. Now moving into the future it makes sense. If he’s not a number one and just a flash in the pan we wasted another year.

What does taking Loui + Demko then moving Rask have to do with finding a top 6 winger or help on D? I don't follow.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
What does taking Loui + Demko then moving Rask have to do with finding a top 6 winger or help on D? I don't follow.
If they can’t peddle for what Rask is worth and your dumping him and taking LE contract all for Demko. If this is the last year going all in I don’t wanna do it with Demko. If they don’t sure take the gamble.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they can’t peddle for what Rask is worth and your dumping him and taking LE contract all for Demko. If this is the last year going all in I don’t wanna do it with Demko. If they don’t sure take the gamble.

Why not? Dallas is in the cup final with Khudobin. Binnington won a cup last year. Pittsburgh rode an uproven Matt Murray to back-2-back cups.

Were any of them more proven in the playoffs than Demko is?

Heck you could argue that an unproven guy has taken his team to the finals just as often as a proven guy in the past decade or so.

Reactions: bbfan419

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Why not? Dallas is in the cup final with Khudobin. Binnington won a cup last year. Pittsburgh rode an uproven Matt Murray to back-2-back cups.

Heck you could argue that an unproven guy has taken his team to the finals just as often as a proven guy
in the past decade or so.[/QUOTE
No doubt. I just don’t think it’s smart for the bruins taking on a bad contract right now considering they are paying a little of Backes contract and Moore’s as well.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Bruins had the playoff effort what they had was misfortune

twice they lost a D early and with 6 D the Blues ran at their D to knock them out like nothing I’ve seen in 50 years - it was a specific tactic

1- 6 D Bruins 4-2
2. 5 D Blues OT 3-2
3. 6 D Bruins 7-2
4. 5 D Blues 3-2
5. 6 D Blues 2-1
6. 6 D Bruins 5-1

series was over by then

6X6 hockey first 6 games Bruins 20 goals Blues 9

Well for the record I believe Bruins were the better team in the series with stlouis . I also believe tbay is a truly awesome team and basically the preseason fav to win the cup .

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Heck you could argue that an unproven guy has taken his team to the finals just as often as a proven guy in the past decade or so.
Plus we had our number 2 in net. It didn’t end well . Lol I get the point. You can add Crawford in as well. Who I like as well .

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I mean the money is a wash for the 1st year if they take Loui+Demko and then move Rask without taking back a contract over a million. You could even put Eriksson in Providence and save another million so your actually + 1 million for this year.

Next year you buy him out and eat a cap hit of 4 million. But with Krejci off the books, and Backes, it's easily doable. That's all the Bruins are really giving up here, 4 million in cap space in 2021-22. To acquire a high-end young goaltender.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
If they are after Hall(as said by Seralli) it would be smart to try to trade for his rights and see if he signs before draft, allowing them to use DeBrusk as trade asset during draft
Would like Debrusk on the team if they added Hall. But you definitely can get a first for JD .. no doubt

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they are after Hall(as said by Seralli) it would be smart to try to trade for his rights and see if he signs before draft, allowing them to use DeBrusk as trade asset during draft

I'm not so sure without conditional picks if trading for a guy whose stated for the record that he wants to see what's out there in free agency is a smart move.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The question with Brenden Dillon is will he leave Washington? It has sounded like the Caps are interested in keeping him and he is interested in staying there. Has anyone heard anything to the contrary? Would it be a necessity because of cap space? I believe they are already moving on from Gudas, so they can resign Dillon it seems.
If not Dillon, then maybe Brodie?

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Does taking out the 5th most valuable piece of that package really make it less absurd?
Yes......Carlo and Debrusk are easily replaced compared to a franchise center....I would rather keep Stuninka...But they will want a center back. So we keep Vaakanainen...And he probably becomes as good a player someday as that wet napkin Carlo......So short answer is Yes.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Eichel return starts at Pasta or McAcoy
Can I say Eichel is a very good player but I would have zero interest in trading either Mac or Pasta. Pasta and him are a wash if not one may have a slight and I mean slight over the other. Mac is a number one D man at 23 those are rear . I’ll pass.

This isn’t happening with Eichel. Pipe dream but I’ll play the game..

Somebody in the Western Conference will top this and I understand..

Carlo
Debrusk
Stud/ Beecher( not both)
1st in 2022

somebody will top that which is cool you get him out west which is fine. The bruins are not in position in taking bad contracts or moving the best prospects they got.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Can I say Eichel is a very good player but I would have zero interest in trading either Mac or Pasta. Pasta and him are a wash if not one may have a slight and I mean slight over the other. Mac is a number one D man at 23 those are rear . I’ll pass.

This isn’t happening with Eichel. Pipe dream but I’ll play the game..

Somebody in the Western Conference will top this and I understand..

Carlo
Debrusk
Stud/ Beecher( not both)
1st in 2022

somebody will top that which is cool you get him out west which is fine. The bruins are not in position in taking bad contracts or moving the best prospects they got.
Rare lol lol I’m tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad