Management Sweeney: "We're Looking to Make Changes" - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not so sure without conditional picks if trading for a guy whose stated for the record that he wants to see what's out there in free agency is a smart move.

The pick is a low pick and Hall wants to win.
Boston has a pretty strong record over the last couple years and few superstars on the roster

Would like Debrusk on the team if they added Hall. But you definitely can get a first for JD .. no doubt

He had DeBrusk as trade option at that point(Hall signing)

Let’s say
Add
Hall
Dillon
1st round pick

Out
DeBrusk
Krug
?

and bonus would be getting rid of Moore

Reactions: bbfan419

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
The pick is a low pick and Hall wants to win.
Boston has a pretty strong record over the last couple years and few superstars on the roster

He had DeBrusk as trade option at that point(Hall signing)
He’s a good candidate when DK moves on.( Hall) but the other two players on Florida are good as well. I wonder can somebody find Hall’s 5 on 5 numbers when ever . I’m just curious

Reactions: BB88

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
My point about Moore was they signed him, and about half a season in they didn't have any role for him, so he sat upstairs as Cassidy preferred six D-men over him. Sign Smith and how long before him and his 4 million AAV (which is what he's seeking according to his agent) are upstairs in the press box? Cassidy had Heinen sitting out as a healthy scratch right before he got dealt to Anaheim because he had no place for him. Aren't the Bruins done signing middle-tier guys only to have them scratched yet still carrying their cap hit on the books? Haven't they done enough of that crap already the past 5 years?

Is Smith better than Wagner? Sure. Is Wagner going anywhere? Nope, he just got extended and his new deal hasn't even started yet.

This team doesn't have a cap crunch as much as it does a roster spot crunch. You can only carry 23 guys. That's the reality. I see no reason to waste a valuable roster spot on a guy who wouldn't have a defined role here.
Wagner just signed, but we have seen players sign only to be trade not long after. If a team wants Wagner in part of a deal he is gone IMO.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Eichel return starts at Pasta or McAcoy
What would you do if you were Sweeney? I can see it both ways.

Wouldn't the point of trading for someone like Eichel be to play him with Pastrnak? If that's the case, who replaces McAvoy? Would the Bruins have enough cap space for a Pietrangelo?

If the Bruins are confident in signing DeBrusk to a sub $4M deal and think he is a lot better than what he has shown and that Eichel could bring out the best of him, maybe including Pastrnak in the deal makes sense.

I hope the Bruins could get Eichel for a few quarters some dimes and some nickels, but if I had to choose, what's easier to replace, a #1D, #1C, or a #1W? As much as I like Pastrnak, it will always be the winger.

Reactions: JOKER 192

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
To Buff:
Pasta
Studnicka
Moore (cap)
Lindholm (cap)

To Boston:
Eichel
Montour (RFA)

Tempting. Eichel solves the #1 center for the next decade. Wingers much easier to find. Not sure Buffalo would bite on it.
Nope Pasta and McAvoy are a no go for me, as much as I like Eichel they other guys are just as valuable and paid a lot less $$.

Reactions: BTO

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
eichel probably wouldve shown up to play in the playoffs this year.
pasta was a disaster. missed all practices, couldnt stay on his feet.
Hes a great player, but Id take eichel over him any day of the week. Eichel has the better shot, better hands, better skater.
Better shot, not sure about that one.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Take Loui and Demko from Vancouver. Total cap for this year....roughly 7 million

Trade Rask for whatever......there's your 7 million in cap space. It's a wash for this year.

Buy out Eriksson next summer.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. You get your long-term No.1 goalie in Demko at the price of carrying his buy-out cap hit for 4 million in 2021-22. Drops to 1 million the year after.
Maybe Ferland instead of Loui

Reactions: Coach Parker

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Reactions: Baddkarma

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wagner just signed, but we have seen players sign only to be trade not long after. If a team wants Wagner in part of a deal he is gone IMO.

Find me one example of an established NHL player who was about to be a UFA, but was extended by his own team during the final season of his current contract, but was traded during the off-season before his new contract kicked in.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Find me one example of an established NHL player who was about to be a UFA, but was extended by his own team during the final season of his current contract, but was traded during the off-season before his new contract kicked in.
That’s interesting. Subban is mentioned, but I’d have to check the math on that.

But we are talking about Wagner right? Regardless of contract, he’s... Chris Wagner. Like I dig the guy, but to attest that he won’t be dealt because of when he signed his deal? I don’t know... he’s Chris Wagner, man. :dunno:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That’s interesting. Subban is mentioned, but I’d have to check the math on that.

But we are talking about Wagner right? Regardless of contract, he’s... Chris Wagner. Like I dig the guy, but to attest that he won’t be dealt because of when he signed his deal? I don’t know... he’s Chris Wagner, man. :dunno:

He’s the Mayor of Walpole. You can’t trade him, man

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad