Management Sweeney: "We're Looking to Make Changes" - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
The more I think about it the more Taylor Hall makes so much sense. The only think I question is has he grown up yet. Even if they end up rebuilding I’m confident it will only take two years with the right moves and he’s still somewhat young he can produce. If they don’t want Debrusk maybe he could be moved for something. That’s why I see Sweeney being in on F/A instead of dealing because he got nothing tooooo deal of anything unless its JD.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Another pipe dream I have which I give 1% is AP signing ( not happening) and putting McAvoy on the second unit hammering other teams second line. Plus rushing the puck up like Krug did, obviously not as good but adequate. Like I said all a pipe dream , but one can dream. Right?

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
See, if they don’t add size or nastiness I want as much skill as possible, I’m done with projects or haven’t “reach potential players”..
So I take it you are out on Virtanen?

I am intrigued by potentially adding him to this team. I think he adds some desperately needed size.

I would put him with DeBrusk-Krejci-Virtanen

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
"1 was a first round pick, 6th overall in 2014.
The other was a fifth round pick, 146th overall 2014.
Not sure what anyone was expecting out of the latter. But, the first one has drastically not reached expectations. Their PPG are virtually identical for their NHL careers." - @lost peanut

Bjork exceeded expectations at Notre Dame and was not really on anyone's radar until he was nominated for the Hobey Baker. So that's when expectations grew.
I know a lot of Bruins fans expected him to step in after college and be an NHL player. Expectations can really unfairly affect people's views of players, as you state.

"Prior to the start of the 2018–19 season, TSN 1040 radio hosts Jason Brough and Mike Halford vowed to shotgun a beer every time Virtanen scored during the season, deeming it "Shotgun Jake.""
Not a good look for a high first-round pick in Jake Virtanen.

He has also been dogged with self-discipline issues in fitness throughout his pro career. While Boston has the people to help him work on good habits, he is obviously a project.

..and as I have stated repeatedly here the past day or so: I do not think next year is the season for Donny to be acquiring any more projects.

However, we don't know what budget he is trying to work within by Jacobs. If he is trying to retool and get bigger but has a small budget then I can see moves like acquiring players like Virtanen.
Just would hate to see that next year, but hockey is a business.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
"1 was a first round pick, 6th overall in 2014.
The other was a fifth round pick, 146th overall 2014.
Not sure what anyone was expecting out of the latter. But, the first one has drastically not reached expectations. Their PPG are virtually identical for their NHL careers." - @lost peanut

Bjork exceeded expectations at Notre Dame and was not really on anyone's radar until he was nominated for the Hobey Baker. So that's when expectations grew.
I know a lot of Bruins fans expected him to step in after college and be an NHL player. Expectations can really unfairly affect people's views of players, as you state.

"Prior to the start of the 2018–19 season, TSN 1040 radio hosts Jason Brough and Mike Halford vowed to shotgun a beer every time Virtanen scored during the season, deeming it "Shotgun Jake.""
Not a good look for a high first-round pick in Jake Virtanen.

He has also been dogged with self-discipline issues in fitness throughout his pro career. While Boston has the people to help him work on good habits, he is obviously a project.

..and as I have stated repeatedly here the past day or so: I do not think next year is the season for Donny to be acquiring any more projects.

However, we don't know what budget he is trying to work within by Jacobs. If he is trying to retool and get bigger but has a small budget then I can see moves like acquiring players like Virtanen.
Just would hate to see that next year, but hockey is a business.

There is another big issue, the Roxy effect.

I truly believe getting Virtanen out of his hometown is the next step in his progression. He would have broke 20 this year and pair that with going across the continent and right into the 2nd line with Marchand and Bergeron.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Great conversations with Canes fans:

1. Skjei for DeBrusk no additions. Would you make this swap?
2. If not, would you try and acquire Jake Bean?
3. Fleury and a 3rd for DeBrusk?

They really need a LWer and have three LHD available. One is proven and signed for four years, the others are RFAs and a high draft pick that hasn't played in the NHL.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

They really need a LWer and have three LHD available. One is proven and signed for four years, the others are RFAs and a high draft pick that hasn't played in the NHL.

No to all of those trade proposals. We already lack secondary scoring and to trade a guy like Debrusk who is young and skilled for a bunch of average defensemen, no way, not even close.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Yes
Yes
And yes but no 3rd , straight up.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester

I would drive Jake to Raleigh myself

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Skjei sucks. Wouldn't take him at half his salary.
Don't see the point in taking on another left shot, 3rd pairing defenseman. The Bruins have more than enough of those.
Aside from probably two playoff games, Fleury has done nothing to indicate he is worth trading Debrusk for. And what does that 3rd round pick do for the Bruins chances next season?

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
What with all the Skjei love? He's not worth DeBrusk at all and I don't even like DeBrusk.

30pt bad defensive D are plentiful.

DeBrusk for Skjei would be another Bruins "talent for a plug" trade
I fall into this category. I like Skjei and think Kevin Dean could do a lot for his game but I don’t think I would trade Debrusk for him. I would want something else back with him for me to consider it. Bjork for Skjei I do no problem because I think Skjei with his size and speed could do very well here. Bjork for him no problem as much as I like Anders. Jake for him I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad