Management Sweeney: "We're Looking to Make Changes" - III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
In no universe is JE worth all that. Pasta is on the best contract in hockey but let’s add Carlo and JD...../

Yup David Pastrnak, leagues leading goal scorer, 1st team right wing, 4th in MVP voting only 24 years old but sure lets package him in a deal for Eichel.:laugh:

Don't get me wrong I would love Eichel but he's not Mario Lemieux an Eichel for Pastrnak swap would be pretty much one for one. Pasta is as elite as they come. Besides if I'm bringing in Eichel Im not dealing Pasta for him. I'd do a package a real sweet package but I'm not moving Pasta, not a chance.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Could get few 60 point seasons from him with 25-30 goals.

I'd expect about the same from Dads as well

I think the Pacioretty and Stastny deals (4 and 3 years respectively) could be good templates for Hoffman. Maybe keep the AAV down a little bit from them though, somewhere under 6 per.

Reactions: BB88

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
depends on the shot really. Eichel has a way better release and hits the corners better.
Im not bashing pasta. Hes a great player but Marchand had alot to do with his season.
Eichel is pretty much on his own in Buffalo.

Eichel got that fancy toe-dragging wrister down pat.

Good luck getting those types of shots off in the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yup David Pastrnak 1st team right wing, 4th in MVP voting only 24 years old but sure lets package him in a deal for eichel.:laugh:

Don't get me wrong I would love Eichel but he's not Mario Lemieux an Eichel for Pastrnak swap would be pretty much one for one. Pasta is as elite as they come. Besides if I'm bringing in Eichel Im not dealing Pasta for him. I'd do a package a real sweet package but I'm not moving Pasta, not a chance.

Do other fanbases under-appreciate their own players so much and over-value the player of other teams like Bruins fans do here?

If I didn't know better, Eichel and Taylor Hall were the 2nd coming of Lemieux and Jagr. Tampa's D-corps is generational top to bottom while the Bruins D-men outside of McAvoy aren't even close.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sportnet rumor is that Vancouver is willing to add Virtanen, Demko, Gaudette if a team takes on one of their bad contracts. I don't think we're in any position to take on a bad contract, but the idea of getting a potential number 1 starter like Demko is pretty interesting.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would we take Loui back for Demko?

Hmmmm....

Take Loui and Demko from Vancouver. Total cap for this year....roughly 7 million

Trade Rask for whatever......there's your 7 million in cap space. It's a wash for this year.

Buy out Eriksson next summer.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. You get your long-term No.1 goalie in Demko at the price of carrying his buy-out cap hit for 4 million in 2021-22. Drops to 1 million the year after.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Take Loui and Demko from Vancouver. Total cap for this year....roughly 7 million

Trade Rask for whatever......there's your 7 million in cap space. It's a wash for this year.

Buy out Eriksson next summer.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. You get your long-term No.1 goalie in Demko at the price of carrying his buy-out cap hit for 4 million in 2021-22. Drops to 1 million the year after.

After 41 NHL games you already have Demko as a long-term No.1 goalie?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
After 41 NHL games you already have Demko as a long-term No.1 goalie?

That's what he is projected as from everything I've heard and read. He looked awfully good in this year's playoffs. Other than that I don't know. But if the Bruins believe he is ready to be a No.1 guy, then it's a cheap price to pay to move on from the Rask era that is likely over in less than a year anyways.

Reactions: bbfan419 and PB37

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That's what he is projected as from everything I've heard and read. He looked awfully good in this year's playoffs. Other than that I don't know. But if the Bruins believe he is ready to be a No.1 guy, then it's a cheap price to pay to move on from the Rask era that is likely over in less than a year anyways.

Wasn't Hannu projected that way too? :sarcasm:

Reactions: BruinDust

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Demko played 4 games in playoffs.

In the regular season he had a 3.06 GAA and .905 SP - that's terrible

If the Bruins get him cheap and he turns into a solid #1 goalie, that would be quite a coup.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Yup David Pastrnak, leagues leading goal scorer, 1st team right wing, 4th in MVP voting only 24 years old but sure lets package him in a deal for Eichel.:laugh:

If the Bruins trade Pasta for Eichel Buffalo better be adding to that deal. I mean Pasta is 5 months older but has more goals, 1 less assists=, and a better PPG than Eichel. Along with being over a PPG player in the playoffs.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If the Bruins trade Pasta for Eichel Buffalo better be adding to that deal. I mean Pasta is 5 months older but has more goals, 1 less assists=, and a better PPG than Eichel. Along with being over a PPG player in the playoffs.

Here is an interesting way to look at it: which is better- a great center (Eichel) with lesser wings, or a great wing (Pasta) with a lesser center? We've seen what has happened to David Krejci here, but Pasta produced with Riley Nash as his center. Food for thought.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Demko played 4 games in playoffs.

In the regular season he had a 3.06 GAA and .905 SP - that's terrible

If the Bruins get him cheap and he turns into a solid #1 goalie, that would be quite a coup.

Well he outplayed Halak in this year's playoffs.

But him behind Boston's defensive system and he's at minimum a platoon level goalie now with the potential to be more than that.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Unless BUF goes braindead and takes 4 quarters for a dollar (like we did with Seguin), it feels like Pasta would be pretty fair value. In a vacuum, I think teams would rather have Eichel than Pasta, but if you take the contract into account, it evens out.

So if such a deal was on the table, I'd do it. But I wouldn't add (much) to such a proposal.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
How is that a rebuild?
If you can’t move Rask or take pennies on a deal and you take Lou Eriksson’s contract you’re cap you have left will be minimal. Plus nothing would be addressed like 2 D and a top 6 Wing. I would have zero interest in a trade with Vancouver. Now moving into the future it makes sense. If he’s not a number one and just a flash in the pan we wasted another year.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I would not take a bad contract on like Loui to get Demko back. Gaudette on the other hand..... His second NHL season and he was on pace in a full year to put up 16G/30A/46P while playing just 12:23 TOI. He's a center prospect and at 23 years old, has plenty of upside as a Top 6 RS forward. Local kid as well. He'd look nice next to Coyle on the 3rd line or with Krejci on the 2nd line for a season before switching back to center.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I was looking at the Mike Hoffman reel . A lot of them goals I’ve seen are top shelve jobs. That takes a certain amount of skill .. it’s called snipe jobs.

Reactions: BruinDust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad