WJC: Sweden WJC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupert Giles

Sep 23, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
Hobit Granlund won't do jack against stiffer competition. We seen that against Canada.

Huh? Because he had one bad game? Hes been great i the FEL (second in scoring) and not to mention the worlds last year where he had 9 points in 9 games. Thats more than guys like Jason Spezza, Illya Kovalchuk,Mikko Koivu had in that tournament.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Huh? Because he had one bad game? Hes been great i the FEL (second in scoring) and not to mention the worlds last year where he had 9 points in 9 games. Thats more than guys like Jason Spezza, Illya Kovalchuk,Mikko Koivu had in that tournament.

He leads the point table of the tournament, and has not been "impressive". Kuznetsov has been very impressive, they say - and has his all points from the Latvia game. The weird thing is, I agree, Granlund has not been at his best...

Oct 18, 2011
Why? :shakehead

I will always root for the Swedes in the NHL.

I don't really have a favorit NHL team but I get stronger feelings for some teams because they have my favorit Swedes.

Like Colorado with Forsberg, a Swede and one the worlds greatest players ever and now one of our greatest talents ever, Gabriel Landeskog.

When Renberg played for the Flyers, Flyers was my favorit team. Lundqvist is perhaps my number one NHL favorit and I recently saw Rangers in NHL premiere in Stockholm.

Toronto with legends like Salming and Sundin, Flames with Loob, Canadians with Mats Näslund... Detroit Swedish Wings, of course.... etc.... etc.... etc.... etc...

The still underrated legendary twins in Vancouver together with Edler.

Douglas "Crankshaft" Murray in San José, the most physical playing Swede ever.

The Oilers is an exception, not that many great Swedes (only short period of times) but perhaps the most legendary team of all times.

It depends... ;-)

It's like asking a Canadian hockey fan to find their favorit team in Sweden.

I bet they cheer for the player and perhaps the team which drafted their favorit players.
Right on, I totally get it. for us Americans, it is like when College players from our schools go onto the NFL...We may have a favorite team, but we still follow, and cheer for players from our school.

I also have grown to appreciate the Sweden fans love for hockey and the country has produced so many great players, they will only continue to get better, I generally love how the Swedes play the game, so many play it the right way when they come to North America :yo:

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
I don't have tv3 either. I can't believe this isn't aired on SVT, it's a ****ing joke..

You don't have any of the viasat channels?

There's several options for you then to get streams. If I understood correctly you can watch all the matches for free via fasthockey.com as long as you have an account. An other option might be tv3play.se, they haven't said anything about the match being there or not.

Then there's the million other available streams. I hope you find something!

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
tsn.ca is streaming both semifinals, get a proxy and watch the game there if you can´t find an easier option.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

He also played more games against weaker competition.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
You don't have tv3? Deal with it, bondjävel. :laugh:

I don't have TV3 either, and I live in central Gothenburg... My IPTV provider doesn't have any Viasat channels, I feel like living in the early 90's with what is labelled as the future of television. :rant:

Edit: Also the IPTV-box is the slowest TV-box I have ever had, the cable boxes of the 90's were faster then this **** box from motorola.

His Beardliness*

I don't have TV3 either, and I live in central Gothenburg... My IPTV provider doesn't have any Viasat channels, I feel like living in the early 90's with what is labelled as the future of television. :rant:

Edit: Also the IPTV-box is the slowest TV-box I have ever had, the cable boxes of the 90's were faster then this **** box from motorola.

That sounds horrendous. Why did you get it?

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Against Russia Klingberg sucks and gets benched, Bäckman comes in and play great, Sweden turns the game around and wins. Today against Finland, Bäckman sucks, doesn't entirely get benched but Klingberg comes in turns the game around. What to do in the final? Klingberg sucked against Russia but played great against Canada in the exhibition game, do we roll with him regardless of opposition, or start Bäckman and see how it goes?

Granberg played great today, which we really need in the final too.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Rönnberg once again showed great match coaching. There's no way in hell we would've come back in either of these two games without it. Great eye for who's hot and who's not.

Friberg is just super clutch. Zibanejad not so much. I really hope Zibby has saved his best game for the final.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Against Russia Klingberg sucks and gets benched, Bäckman comes in and play great, Sweden turns the game around and wins. Today against Finland, Bäckman sucks, doesn't entirely get benched but Klingberg comes in turns the game around. What to do in the final? Klingberg sucked against Russia but played great against Canada in the exhibition game, do we roll with him regardless of opposition, or start Bäckman and see how it goes?

Granberg played great today, which we really need in the final too.
Think it'll be best to start Bäckman and see how the game develops. Canada will most definitely put more pressure on the defencemen than Finland did in this game and most likely more than they did in the exhibition-game. That said, Klingberg really made a difference today.

I had this feeling of "Meh, it doesn't matter" ever since the game against Russia and that's why I feel like we actually have a good shot at winning this. I used to be very nervous and never ever jinx things and still it would never turn out right. Only sensible thing is to go the other way now. We're the comeback-kids this year, let's win it all!

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Think it'll be best to start Bäckman and see how the game develops. Canada will most definitely put more pressure on the defencemen than Finland did in this game and most likely more than they did in the exhibition-game. That said, Klingberg really made a difference today.

I had this feeling of "Meh, it doesn't matter" ever since the game against Russia and that's why I feel like we actually have a good shot at winning this. I used to be very nervous and never ever jinx things and still it would never turn out right. Only sensible thing is to go the other way now. We're the comeback-kids this year, let's win it all!

Wasn't like Klingberg weren't put under pressure against Canada though, DSP was all over him that game.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
I have a bad feeling about the finals if Ronnberg starts Klingberg on the ice. I think the tactics today was good, throw him in there if you are down a couple of goals late, nothing wrong with gambling in those scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce