WJC: Sweden WJC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
what are some swedish sayings at a time like this. Is is heja sverige? I have no clue lol.

How are the Swedes celebrating? Well, they are clicking their heels, keeping little formal speeches, bowing to the flag with the left foot raised high to the air (think of John Cleese), toasting the king repeatedly, throwing up aquavit, singing funny little songs, eating lots of Baltic herring raw and running naked on the streets, with clickable shoes on though. It's a strange, strange nation.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
How are the Swedes celebrating? Well, they are clicking their heels, keeping little formal speeches, bowing to the flag with the left foot raised high to the air (think of John Cleese), toasting the king repeatedly, throwing up aquavit, singing funny little songs, eating lots of Baltic herring raw and running naked on the streets, with clickable shoes on though. It's a strange, strange nation.

lol I want to hear some Swedish sayings though in Swedish like the Russians were doing last year with their long live Russia or whatever. ;)

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
what are some swedish sayings at a time like this. Is is heja sverige? I have no clue lol.
JAAAAA!
SÅ JÄVLA GÖTT!
Chant: *VM-Guld VM-Guld VM-Guld! VM-Guld VM-Guld VM-Guuuld! VM-Guld VM-Guld VM-Guld! VM-Guld? VM-GULD!*
JA JAG VILL LEVA JAG VILL DÖ I NORDEN!
SKÃ…L!

Something like that. ;)

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
lol I want to hear some Swedish sayings though in Swedish like the Russians were doing last year with their long live Russia or whatever. ;)

I'm not a trustworthy source, but my suggestion is: Heja Sverige, hop-hop-hop, vi redan vet att vi är top, vi behöver inte hockey för det!

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I think the WJC has grown to that kind of stature much thanks to it being one of the few sporting events that still airs on the Swedish equivalent of the CBC, the rights for almost everything else apart from the football World Cup and the Olympics have been bought by cable and/or premium TV channels that are far from everyone have access to, thus limiting the popularity.

I know the popularity of the "real" World Championships has taken a big hit after having spent the last 20 years bouncing around between one of the major cable channels and their premium TV sports channel.

That's great. Is the tournament scheduled to go back to Sweden after next year? I know they had a bid for this year. This win can only do great things for the prospect of hosting future tournaments....especially if the interest is that widespread for that many people to be up that late to watch.

My friend got a free 10 dollars for Christmas at a sports betting website and I had him bet on Sweden as the 9 to 1 odds were too good to pass up. That means free Sens game for me haha.

Very nice win Sweden, well deserved. Told some friends before the game that for quality of hockey, this match up was the best possible final. How true.

Rust Cohle

Pessimist
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden
Äntligen! = Finally!
Så jävla härligt! = So ******g sweet!
Så jävla rättvist! = So ******g well deserved!
Fyfan vad underbart! = So ******g wonderful!
Fyfan vad skönt! = So ******g nice!

SChan*

My girlfriend's parents stayed up for this game, says a lot how big the WJC has come in Sweden :D

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
1325829974784_782.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->