LW Ludvig Rensfeldt
C Johan Sundström
LW Erik Thorell
C Mika Zibanejad

Last edited:

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Hmm with Landeskog and Larsson the team looks good, chances are that they will not be released to wjc though. I like our centers, but maybe we have a lack of elite wingers (without Landeskog)? The d looks pretty decent even without Larsson.

Some players that I could see challenging for a roster spot:

Joakim Nordström from AIK will probably get some chances with AIK next season and he is a good defensive center in the making.

Filip Forsberg/ Collberg/Nick Sörensen are all exciting talanted 94-born wingers that might be ready for a spot next year.

Pontus Åberg is very skilled winger but probably burried to deep on Djurgårdens depth chart to get a chance in SEL next year, which means he will have trouble getting a spot.

I could see William Karlsson and/or Gustav Björklund having breaktrough years in SEL-2. Mikael Wikstrand from Mora is a good d-man that could be ready.

I could also see some of the Skellefteå youngsters grabbing a spot (Alm, Granberg, Edström), they will get their chances to play in SEL unlike other SEL-teams that isn't too fond of having a lot of junior d-men.

Overall we could be a team for the medals, the 1992's won silver in 2010 u-18 wjc and the 1993's won silver in 2011. We will probably fight it out with Canada, Usa and Russia as usual.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Looks very good. I expect at least one of Forsberg/Collberg to break enough at the senior level to warrant a spot.

Johan Gustafsson will be in net for sure. I really hope Adam Reideborn of Almtuna will get enough playing time to make a case for the back-up role.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Great looking team, but there's also a great chance Larsson and Landeskog won't be participating, as has already been said.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
A respected blogger in Sweden has said he thinks Marcus Sorensen could break out in the sel next year and be a top player on this junior team. Anders forsberg will probably do everything to make sure he's developing rapidly in skelleftea.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
A respected blogger in Sweden has said he thinks Marcus Sorensen could break out in the sel next year and be a top player on this junior team. Anders forsberg will probably do everything to make sure he's developing rapidly in skelleftea.

Would love to see that. Big fan.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Would love to see that. Big fan.

You've seen much of him?

Was quite the head scratcher of a pick but everything since has been so positive. The guy that will be coaching him next year admitted to hiding in corridors in the rinks to make sure no one knew he was watching him and ensuring that OTTs head scout would not get a viewing.

Don't think he was all that far off from making the team out of nowhere this year.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
You've seen much of him?

Was quite the head scratcher of a pick but everything since has been so positive. The guy that will be coaching him next year admitted to hiding in corridors in the rinks to make sure no one knew he was watching him and ensuring that OTTs head scout would not get a viewing.

Don't think he was all that far off from making the team out of nowhere this year.

I haven't no. But I have been following him closely since the day the Sens grabbed him. I took a major flyer on him in a keeper league and I really like how his numbers have progressed this year.

There was basically ZERO info out there about him at the time of the draft and I am very happy to see his name out there more often.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
To Swedish posters, what are your opinions on Ludvig Rensfeldt? Does he have a strong chance of making the team?

I thought for sure that he'd be on last years team.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
A year ago at WJC U18 Rensfeldt was a go to guy for Sweden, along with Johan Larsson. And now we don't see him at WJC roster? I REALLY doubt this.
He was pretty good for Bofors last year btw. 5 goals in 11 games.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
A year ago at WJC U18 Rensfeldt was a go to guy for Sweden, along with Johan Larsson. And now we don't see him at WJC roster? I REALLY doubt this.
He was pretty good for Bofors last year btw. 5 goals in 11 games.

Where will he play next season? Brynäs have loads of forwards signed allready. Will he play his third straight season in Superelit, even though he probably not develops much in that league anymore? Rensfeldts career is kind of in a limbo right now. If he signs with Brynäs hopefully they lend him to a SEL-2 club.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
The Ducks Drafted three Swedish prospects:

Rick Rakell: 1st round 30th overall
William Karlsson: 2nd round 53rd overall
Max Friberg: 5th round 143rd overall

What are the chances that they all make the roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad