TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Just finished watching Australian Survivor all stars and wow the winner that season played one hell of a game.

I am up to episode 3 of 2018, the season where Russell Hantz came over to play in Champions (lots of Olympic, sport and military people) vs. Contenders. (though why he was a Champion, I don't know. He's never won anything).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think there's three minimal chances that Tony isn't the winner.

1. If Ben somehow realizes that he has to turn on Tony, and take him out at the next vote. If Ben turns, Denise will turn. She already said to Ben and Sarah that she wants Tony out. From there, you only need one more between Michelle and the returnee to create a potential tie. If you get both, and I don't see why Michelle or the returnee would have such an allegiance to Tony, you can get Tony out. There's also the possibility that Ben would use his idol to get Tony out. He needs a big move. Does he think he's beating Tony or Sarah in the end? Tony could always play his idol, if the votes were on him, and save himself a week. I guess all he'd have to do if they were going to get him out was win one of the next two immunities, and he's guaranteed safety into the final four.

2. If the returnee comes back with an idol, they should keep quiet, pretend they are going to bow out admirably, let all the votes go on them, use an idol, and take Tony out. That would be the biggest move in the game so far, besides moves Tony has made. It might give them more of a resume to win the game strategically and with making big moves than any other player out there. Then again, if the returnee is likely to go out 5-1, Tony could strategically split the votes, and take out someone like Michelle or Denise.

3. Tony doesn't win final immunity or fire. Does anyone think Sarah and Ben might choose to take him to the final three? I don't think they would because it would be so incredibly stupid and these are all winners, but I'm also not sure that they wouldn't.

I don't like the idea of a returnee winning the game. If you were voted out, you don't deserve to win. I don't care who comes back, and who are the other two left, I would prefer any of them winning to a returnee. I also think production has completely over-done the Edge of Extinction part of this game. I know that they felt like they had to add it in to attract these players to be on the season, in case they got voted out early, but I absolutely don't like the idea of players who lost having an influence on the game.

The idea that one of them would come back into the game is ridiculous to begin with, but then giving them the power to effect the game after getting voted out as Monday Morning QB's is one of the things about this season I've liked least. I also think it's ridiculous that they are allowed to come back into the game with an idol. The person coming back in might actually have a better statistical chance to win than someone like Michelle or Denise. That should not be so.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Concept of the Edge could've been a bit better if you flush anyone on the edge that lost at the first edge return challenge. Also, last edge return challenge should be done a bit earlier so that they have to survive a bit longer before last tribal.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I was so looking forward to this season, but has been a let down for me. Rooting for Tony, but they will be stupid to let him get to the end.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Someone has Nick's vote, I think, heh.

survivor-winners-at-war-finale-final-5-speak

To Tony:

What was your favorite non-game related interaction you had with someone out there over your first 34 days?

I had a few favorite non-game related interactions (which actually helped me stay in the game for as long as I did), but my absolute favorite was with Nick JC Wilson. Without getting into the details, I was speaking with Nick about life, finances, family, and I provided him with a strategic plan that could better him with all three of those issues that he was conflicted with. During that conversation, he told me that what I just explained to him was exactly the clarity he was praying for, and it was me who answered those prayers! Needless to say, I was so touched by how receptive and appreciative he was, that my knees buckled. What an amazing feeling to know someone as intelligent as Nick valued my “life” advice as much as he did. Our conversation was genuine, heart-to-heart and I will never forget it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Is there no reunion tonight? My guide isn't showing anything scheduled for after the regular episode which is odd.

Edit: Nevermind it looks like it is just scheduled as one long 3 hour block.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Is there no reunion tonight? My guide isn't showing anything scheduled for after the regular episode which is odd.

Edit: Nevermind it looks like it is just scheduled as one long 3 hour block.

Yeah it caught me off guard as well because when you PVR the series the reunion never gets automatically recorded so I went to record it and thought whoa, just listed as a 3 hour episode. Which means it will all record for anyone who does what I do. First time I recall them listing it that way

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Michelle with the ice in her veins at the final 6 challenge.

Remember Sarah, over confidence is a slow and insidious killer. Her belief in her own influence could easily be her undoing here.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Omg Jesus Christ with this gender nonsense. I"not allowed to lie in this game." What?! This is like those memes online where its like "who says brunettes can't wear green" with a picture of a girl in a green shirt. Shit makes no sense

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Tony knowing they wanted to flush his idol but having to use it anyway to avoid being the auto boot in a tied revote is annoying.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kind of confused why the girls didn't split their vote on Ben and Sarah though, that way they needed 2 idols to protect them.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Omg Jesus Christ with this gender nonsense. I"not allowed to lie in this game." What?! This is like those memes online where its like "who says brunettes can't wear green" with a picture of a girl in a green shirt. Shit makes no sense

She heard what Michelle said about her not having a chance against Tony so she is giving the opening remarks of her final tribal speech early to give the jury something to think about. If her assurance that Natalie didn't have an idol wasn't enough proof about her confidence, the fact she is campaigning for the win when players are normally trying to minimize their target should say everything about how safe she feels moving forward.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Kind of confused why the girls didn't split their vote on Ben and Sarah though, that way they needed 2 idols to protect them.

Not voting Sarah on the re-vote was the bigger question mark for me. There is zero chance they can work with Sarah moving forward, but Denise was a possibility.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Nat is 1 challenge or fire making challenge win away from making the final 3 without being eligible for a single vote this season except the 1 she got vote out on. I love Nat but I'm really hoping the jury will respect the game enough not to have her win this season, but if they take out Tony here the options aren't great.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Do we know if Tony is good at fire? Natalie should know that the jury isn't terribly happy with Ben, so they should keep him for the final 4 to use him to take out Tony in the fire making challenge. I hope that doesn't happen as I want Tony to win, but if I was Nat or Michelle I would be voting for Sarah instead of Ben.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The spy nest is great and all, but if he is using it to spy on conversations that he has Sarah set up and participate in it seems a little useless. If Sarah is already in the conversation why would it matter that Tony is also listening? They are ride or die together.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
The spy nest is great and all, but if he is using it to spy on conversations that he has Sarah set up and participate in it seems a little useless. If Sarah is already in the conversation why would it matter that Tony is also listening? They are ride or die together.
Even if that doesn't appear to be the case, only logical reason is that Tony doesn't have 100% confidence in Sarah which in the game a Survivor is a smart approach. Otherwise yeah, pretty useless.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Even if that doesn't appear to be the case, only logical reason is that Tony doesn't have 100% confidence in Sarah which in the game a Survivor is a smart approach. Otherwise yeah, pretty useless.

But if Sarah were to betray him all she would have to do is have the real conversation somewhere else and tell Natalie to have a fake conversation in front of Tony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad