TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Hate to say it, but it just comes across like racism at this point. Like what did Jeremy even do to him? Am i missing something? At least be fake with the guy if he tries to talk to you, he's just like a huge dick to him.

Ugh. No it doesn't. Did you think the same way when he was acting literally the same way toward Adam?

Of course, not.

I'm a Black man. And I know you probably meant well, but this type of lazy conclusions makes Black people like me more anxious than we should be. It has consequences. So please stop it.

All indications suggest that Ben is just an idiot and a horrible player. That's all.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think something people forget is that this is an all winners season. They are all good at the game. You can criticize a lot of how they’re playing, but these are all upper tier survivor players. When you play best against best, some are going to play better than others, and some that were previously well regarded will be made to look like the players they beat in the season they win.

Give credit to the players outplaying them instead of bashing them. All of these players were no worse than top 3-4 on their season.

To do what Tony has done has to be starting to get up there for the best individual season ever. At this point, it has to be a Tony or the field proposition for who wins. If he’s at the end, he wins. If not, it’s more open to a few candidates. He’s done this against all winners. The best cast ever. No votes yet.

Tony also had another very good episode. He convinced Ben to take out the player that wanted Tony out. He saw the idol being found by an ally, which is the second best thing to finding it himself. He knows who has it, and it wasn’t by the other side. He won immunity. He sniffed out that Nick isn’t to be trusted. And probably the most important thing is that he did such a good job keeping his alliance with Sarah that she decided to spare him at tribal of potentially his first big mistake, which playing an idol for a player getting no votes would’ve been.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I think something people forget is that this is an all winners season. They are all good at the game. You can criticize a lot of how they’re playing, but these are all upper tier survivor players. When you play best against best, some are going to play better than others, and some that were previously well regarded will be made to look like the players they beat in the season they win.

Give credit to the players outplaying them instead of bashing them. All of these players were no worse than top 3-4 on their season.

To do what Tony has done has to be starting to get up there for the best individual season ever. At this point, it has to be a Tony or the field proposition for who wins. If he’s at the end, he wins. If not, it’s more open to a few candidates. He’s done this against all winners. The best cast ever. No votes yet.

Tony also had another very good episode. He convinced Ben to take out the player that wanted Tony out. He saw the idol being found by an ally, which is the second best thing to finding it himself. He knows who has it, and it wasn’t by the other side. He won immunity. He sniffed out that Nick isn’t to be trusted. And probably the most important thing is that he did such a good job keeping his alliance with Sarah that she decided to spare him at tribal of potentially his first big mistake, which playing an idol for a player getting no votes would’ve been.

I think that’s relatively true for most almost all of the players, except for Ben and especially, Michelle.

Ben was one of the best players in his weak season. But he was never a strong player. His failures this season has little to do with him being outplayed by others. It’s mostly due to his terrible decisions, particularly, his highly emotional gameplay.

Then there’s Michelle. Lol. She was one of the worst players in her season. It was even hard to notice her until she randomly won her season because of the ever overrated/cover for bad gameplay “social game”.

I can’t count how many times this season Michelle says, “I don’t know what’s happening!”

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think that’s relatively true for most almost all of the players, except for Ben and especially, Michelle.

Ben was one of the best players in his weak season. But he was never a strong player. His failures this season has little to do with him being outplayed by others. It’s mostly due to his terrible decisions, particularly, his highly emotional gameplay.

Then there’s Michelle. Lol. She was one of the worst players in her season. It was even hard to notice her until she randomly won her season because of the ever overrated/cover for bad gameplay “social game”.

I can’t count how many times this season Michelle says, “I don’t know what’s happening!”

They were both top 3-4 players on their season. I typically would not be a fan of either, but there are only 5-6 players on any season who aren’t bad. It’s not a high bar to be one of the best in their seasons and both were, even if we don’t like their games.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I watched the 1st 2 episodes. I won't guess who, but I think I know already. "

I was wrong. I do not like the person I think you meant.

2017 is so different than 2016. EVERYONE is scheming on 2017, I think in the first 9 tribals there were 5 blindsides and 1 tie vote. Huge personalities, you were right about Australia.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Is this the thread for the US Survivor or Australians?

Sorry. As for tonite, if the others don't find a way to get Sarah out 1st then her, Ben and Tony are going to be hard to break up. I know the numbers are there to do it, but they haven't done it yet when it seemed to be obvious that some sort of Tony/Sarah combo was going to be dangerous if allowed to go long.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I feel like it's either Jeremy or Sarah going tonight as one of the votes. One of those big dogs has to go.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think next Wednesday is the finale, is tonight the last time that end of extinction players ca and get back into the game?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think next Wednesday is the finale, is tonight the last time that end of extinction players ca and get back into the game?

My understanding is someone comes back when 6 are left and they vote someone out to get to 5. Someone on the island comes back then I think

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My understanding is someone comes back when 6 are left and they vote someone out to get to 5. Someone on the island comes back then I think

If my memory doesn't suck too much I believe they did the final Edge challenge the last time in the final episode with 5 people which plus the winner brought it to 6. So I expect 2 vote outs tonight and then the Edge challenge as part of the finale.

Reactions: hoglund

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Michele is the Robert Horry of Survivor, bench player who makes the clutch play. Coming up clutch like she did in her other season.

I still can't believe how dense people are for not targeting Tony. I don't care if Sarah is the next best out there, she's delusional if she thinks she can beat him head-to-head.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, it just seems like it's going to be on rails at this point. I would be willing to bet legitimate money on Tony, like 99.99% chance he wins.

I sure hope so. I fear the others wake up and he goes out 4th. It's gotta be Tony and if not, the only other deserving winner is Sarah.

If we end up with a Ben, Michelle and Edge returnee in the final 3 then the season is a total flop. Denise doesn't deserve it either despite the awesome Sandra move.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Speaking of Australian Survivor I would love to see a USA vs Australian season. A lot of good and interesting Australian players.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Did I hear that correct? Natalie has 3 advantages in the challenge to come back?
I think some may have been like hidden immunity idols when they come back lol. I think just one is for the challenge itself. Kind of bizarre to be that loaded, but no one from Edge has a chance of winning, I just can't see it.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think some may have been like hidden immunity idols when they come back lol. I think just one is for the challenge itself. Kind of bizarre to be that loaded, but no one from Edge has a chance of winning, I just can't see it.

I’m hoping and think Tony is going to win but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the season fall flat and it be a Michelle, Denise and EOE final 3.

i just hope EOE doesn’t win again.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Natalie seemed to be in the lead based on a very fast clip of next week

she had 8 advantages for the challenge itself plus an immunity idol she can use if she gets back in the game

if she goes to the final 3 you can bet she will get a lot of votes. The respect level for her amongst all those that have been on the edge for a month with her is huge. She absolutely has a huge shot at winning the season if she gets back in the game. I could see many of the jury voting for her

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Natalie seemed to be in the lead based on a very fast clip of next week

she had 8 advantages for the challenge itself plus an immunity idol she can use if she gets back in the game

if she goes to the final 3 you can bet she will get a lot of votes. The respect level for her amongst all those that have been on the edge for a month with her is huge. She absolutely has a huge shot at winning the season if she gets back in the game. I could see many of the jury voting for her

I think that would be a joke if she wins. She spent less time in the game then Chris from a few seasons ago. I would be so disappointed in the season.

Your reasoning makes sense and it sucks because I’m starting to think that might happen.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The edit of it made me think Tyson may be more likely to come back in. It's bizarre though, like what Natalie has done is super impressive, but it's comparing apples to oranges. She'd have the "outlast" part down pat, but outside of that...

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.

She had 14 tokens going into the "menu", but they never really showed us that menu. She bought an idol for Tyson and Peanut Butter. Everyone they showed having two tokens all bough an advantage, so we'll assume an advantage is 2 tokens. She said she got 3 advantages and stated "because that is all I could buy".

Her three advantages could be a the idol for Tyson, the PB, and the comp advantage. I don't remember how much PB was when Tyson bought it, but they've been changing up the prices anyway. I could see her buying three comp advantages for 6 tokens and having 8 left over for an idol and PB, but I don't think that is it. Boston Rob definitely had enough tokens the first time to buy multiple comp advantages if he was allowed, so I think they cap it at one.

Speaking of, I don't remember them showing us Rob saying anything about what he bought. I think they did show him saying that he still had his idol that he bought from before the first challenge, but they didn't say what else he bought since then. I'm fairly certain he had at least 3 if not 4 tokens. Didn't he get them all when they were just laying on the ground and he was able to snag them before everyone else?

Either way, from the preview it looked like the comp to get back in was one where they are attached to a rope that needs to be untangle by moving their way over/under a long wood structure. I'd imagine the advantage is being able to start a section or two ahead. I can't imagine that Natalie gets to jump to having one section left, but I do think she'd be good at this challenge anyway. She has been a straight up beast during the physical competitions on exile.

Side note, I think the only person who comes back that can truly change the game is Sophie. Even with idols, Michele is definitely next if she doesn't win immunity again. The other 4 can split the vote and flush the returning player's idol if they have one. Ben and Tony both have idols left, so it is going to take a blindside to get either out before final 4. But I think if Sophie makes it back in, Sarah takes her shot at Tony/Ben in a blindside with Michele and Sophie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad