TV: Survivor: Winners at War - Season Discussion Thread

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I'm hoping somehow that Boston Rob gets back, I know it seems unlikely now that he lost the last challenge and was injured. You never know he may get back and win, if he doesn't I'm rooting for either Tony or Denise.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
From an earlier episode recap:

"Jeremy told us later that he liked Ben at the start of the game and now “every little thing bothers me,”. Why do you assume it's Ben's fault that he doesn't like Jeremy? Maybe it's Jeremy?

Did you see Denise give Jeremy the hand at Tribal when she was done talking? I think several people don't like Jeremy.

Also, I saw somewhere that....and I am not sure they were serious....but they apparently played in a Survivor Fantasy Football league together than Jeremy won and I read somewhere that Ben was pissed at him about that league. Survivor also has some sort of sports betting thing going on that they both participate in. But that could just be people making shit up.
It's mostly because of our flawed society that sees any aggression from a white person to a black person as a 'racial microaggression'. There are a large portion of people, especially on the internet, that will always jump towards that conclusion no matter what. They ruin absolutely everything with this ****.

It's absolutely very possible that it could be Jeremy being the prick towards Ben, but that would be 'waycist' for some reason.

Reactions: BlackStar

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
From an earlier episode recap:

"Jeremy told us later that he liked Ben at the start of the game and now “every little thing bothers me,”. Why do you assume it's Ben's fault that he doesn't like Jeremy? Maybe it's Jeremy?

Did you see Denise give Jeremy the hand at Tribal when she was done talking? I think several people don't like Jeremy.

Also, I saw somewhere that....and I am not sure they were serious....but they apparently played in a Survivor Fantasy Football league together than Jeremy won and I read somewhere that Ben was pissed at him about that league. Survivor also has some sort of sports betting thing going on that they both participate in. But that could just be people making shit up.
But have we seen anything to back up Jeremy being unlikable? I sure as hell do not think it is racism. I think it is just straight up bad gameplay by Ben and Denise. I tend not to like to make this game bigger then it actually is. It is a game and Ben has gotten extremely narrow minded in his perceived need to get Jeremy out and in turn is treating him like shit. If you want to actually win the game that is a rookie move. There isn't even a little chance Ben could ask for his vote at this point lol like it just won't happen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
But have we seen anything to back up Jeremy being unlikable? I sure as hell do not think it is racism. I think it is just straight up bad gameplay by Ben and Denise. I tend not to like to make this game bigger then it actually is. It is a game and Ben has gotten extremely narrow minded in his perceived need to get Jeremy out and in turn is treating him like shit. If you want to actually win the game that is a rookie move. There isn't even a little chance Ben could ask for his vote at this point lol like it just won't happen.

Its poor gameplay, but in shows like Survivor or Big Brother, this situation isn’t exactly unique.

The amount of people who have been shunned because they are expected to go home is pretty long.

How many times have we heard at tribal that “no one would talk to me today”.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Its poor gameplay, but in shows like Survivor or Big Brother, this situation isn’t exactly unique.

The amount of people who have been shunned because they are expected to go home is pretty long.

How many times have we heard at tribal that “no one would talk to me today”.
It is definitely more common in Big Brother. Maybe I just have higher expectations from players who have all won a season themselves. It is one thing to do it for an afternoon before you vote the guy out but it seems like this is a running thing going on what 2 or 3 tribals at this point for Ben? He is also the only one that seems to be taking it personally. It just isn't a good look.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It is definitely more common in Big Brother. Maybe I just have higher expectations from players who have all won a season themselves. It is one thing to do it for an afternoon before you vote the guy out but it seems like this is a running thing going on what 2 or 3 tribals at this point for Ben? He is also the only one that seems to be taking it personally. It just isn't a good look.

Remember. That’s 2 or 3 weeks for us, but for the players it’s only a few days.

It’s poor gameplay. No doubt about it. Mainly jury management, which has been frustratingly important in modern big brother and survivor.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
LoL what is he suppose to say? "Tony no you cant do that!" People don't have to tell tony the truth, it's all for drama, once again people here are confusing what it means to "lose control of tribal".
"Play it or shut up." It's insane to do what Tony did and have it go on like it did. He point blank asked Jeremy and Sarah. If you want to go for drama Survivor wouldn't have any rules at all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm hoping somehow that Boston Rob gets back, I know it seems unlikely now that he lost the last challenge and was injured. You never know he may get back and win, if he doesn't I'm rooting for either Tony or Denise.

IIRC he’ll have enough for the advantage still. Though, most of them will.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
IIRC he’ll have enough for the advantage still. Though, most of them will.

Fire tokens you mean? Rob doesn't have any since the last challenge. It's so tough to keep track that I keep note of everything everyone has. Parvati got 4 from Michele for the 50/50 and claimed at the time it was for peanut butter for everyone to eat but we didn't see that on the show so far. She was with Natalie, and they found it together so if she kept them she may have split them with Natalie. Then Natalie and her worked together to find the extortian thing to get 6 from Tony. Claimed they would split them but we haven't saw proof of that either. Then Natalie, Sophie, Yul, Parvati, Tyson, and Wendell got 2 at the latest coconut thing.

Are spoilers allowed/welcomed in this thread?

Pretty sure anything not shown on TV is no bueno. Especially if it happens in future episodes. "X happened before the merge but wasn't shown on TV" is probably ok but I'm not sure.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Fire tokens you mean? Rob doesn't have any since the last challenge. It's so tough to keep track that I keep note of everything everyone has. Parvati got 4 from Michele for the 50/50 and claimed at the time it was for peanut butter for everyone to eat but we didn't see that on the show so far. She was with Natalie, and they found it together so if she kept them she may have split them with Natalie. Then Natalie and her worked together to find the extortian thing to get 6 from Tony. Claimed they would split them but we haven't saw proof of that either. Then Natalie, Sophie, Yul, Parvati, Tyson, and Wendell got 2 at the latest coconut thing.

Pretty sure anything not shown on TV is no bueno. Especially if it happens in future episodes. "X happened before the merge but wasn't shown on TV" is probably ok but I'm not sure.

Rob had enough to get the advantage in the last competition and to buy an immunity idol upon his return because Amber gave him all of hers.

So he should have enough to get the advantage in this one too

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Rob had enough to get the advantage in the last competition and to buy an immunity idol upon his return because Amber gave him all of hers.

So he should have enough to get the advantage in this one too

That was last time. I'm not sure if the idol is still valid to bring into the game if he wins or not but he nor Amber has any fire tokens right now. I'm not sure what your point is. Yes he could earn them in the next episode, but he doesn't have them yet. The ones from before don't carry over.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That was last time. I'm not sure if the idol is still valid to bring into the game if he wins or not but he nor Amber has any fire tokens right now. I'm not sure what your point is. Yes he could earn them in the next episode, but he doesn't have them yet. The ones from before don't carry over.

He didn’t buy the idol yet. So he would still have the tokens that he would’ve used to buy that idol if he had won the last challenge.

Edit: They don’t carry over? Is that a confirmed thing?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He didn’t buy the idol yet. So he would still have the tokens that he would’ve used to buy that idol if he had won the last challenge

No pretty sure they have to buy the idol before the challenge to carry it with them into the game. Once they win the challenge they're not on the edge anymore and can't buy things via the edge menu. A quick recheck of the episode when they came back they all were given a scroll to input their purchases on. 1, 2, 3 advantages and/or 3 for an idol. It's too blurry to read but I'm pretty certain those tokens are gone.

Survivor Wiki also has him at 0 tokens. Which I also found out that Parvati used 2 tokens on peanut butter and her and Natalie didn't share tokens so it's:

Natalie 8
Parv 4
Sophie, Yul, Tyson, Wendell 2

Fire Token

Reactions: Cor

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Australian survivor is great, but they drag it out way too long and the episodes are to long Imo. I always get burnt out watching it about 3/4 into a season. Some really great players and characters though. They're great at casting.

Just wrapped up the 2016 season and it may be the best season I've seen. Not sure if anyone will watch so I won't spoil, but it was f***ing awesome. I usually skip the challenges when I watch a season, but there were so many huge comebacks I had to watch them through. The final 3 never should have been the final 3, but they all deserved it.....which makes no sense unless you watch it.

Everything you wrote is correct. It's too long. Their editing isn't as tight as the US version. They show a LOT of Samoa, and I don't blame them. I think it's most beautiful location they use. But if you are used to American TV and fast cuts and go-go-go, it may not be for you. The host isn't Probst, but he was good for his first season of it.

That finale WAS the best I've seen, no doubt. Episode actually made me cry. More than once.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Just wrapped up the 2016 season and it may be the best season I've seen. Not sure if anyone will watch so I won't spoil, but it was f***ing awesome. I usually skip the challenges when I watch a season, but there were so many huge comebacks I had to watch them through. The final 3 never should have been the final 3, but they all deserved it.....which makes no sense unless you watch it.

Everything you wrote is correct. It's too long. Their editing isn't as tight as the US version. They show a LOT of Samoa, and I don't blame them. I think it's most beautiful location they use. But if you are used to American TV and fast cuts and go-go-go, it may not be for you. The host isn't Probst, but he was good for his first season of it.

That finale WAS the best I've seen, no doubt. Episode actually made me cry. More than once.
The next season is even better imo. Has one of my favourite players to ever be on survivor.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The next season is even better imo. Has one of my favourite players to ever be on survivor.

I watched the 1st 2 episodes. I won't guess who, but I think I know already. The first challenge right after the introduction was crazy. And I love the quote, "My strategy is look for the dickhead and point out to everyone who the dickhead is. There is always a dickhead. If they come for me, I'll point out again who the dickhead is. If I don't know who the dickhead after 3 days, I must be the dickhead."

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I watched the 1st 2 episodes. I won't guess who, but I think I know already. The first challenge right after the introduction was crazy. And I love the quote, "My strategy is look for the dickhead and point out to everyone who the dickhead is. There is always a dickhead. If they come for me, I'll point out again who the dickhead is. If I don't know who the dickhead after 3 days, I must be the dickhead."
I thought that the next season was delayed because of the pandemic, am I wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad