SuperLeague a done deal (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People you need to read that...

"It's unconceivable that some modest teams earn money on transfers and on the other hand to see a club like Barca lose a lot of money."
THAT right there is like the epitome of what's wrong.
Basically, Perez is saying that a club having a great academy or a great scouting team should never earn money through transfers while Barca making terrible transfer decisions and digging themselves into a hole should.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yup I mentioned that yesterday playing the same f***ing teams over and over gain will get stale .

That's one of the reasons domestic leagues like EPL shoudn't totally burn the bridges with these Superleague teams. They might want to come back in a couple of seasons, if the door is left open for that. UEFA would be idiots to ban clubs/players now for the rest of the season. That would end any chance of reconciliation in the future.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It must be great to think "you're just moving the goal posts" is an actual response when you're proven foolish.

Ah yes. The ever-loyal and nationally-attached non-English player who plays for an English mega club and isn't at all in it for the money
YOU were proven to be an idiot the moment you wrote that players would go the money way. It's obvious not all will. But hey, it's OK, you've been quite the disastrous poster so far. You post crap, get called for it and you still end up saying the others are foolish.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

"It's unconceivable that some modest teams earn money on transfers and on the other hand to see a club like Barca lose a lot of money."
Basically, Perez is saying that a club having a great academy or a great scouting team should never earn money through transfers while Barca making terrible transfer decisions and digging themselves into a hole should.

Wtf :laugh:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Yeah, this tweet explains the whole problem.
They want to save their asses (or win MORE money than they already do) at the cost of ruining football for everybody else. f*** them for real

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
YOU were proven to be an idiot the moment you wrote that players would go the money way. It's obvious not all will. But hey, it's OK, you've been quite the disastrous poster so far. You post crap, get called for it and you still end up saying the others are foolish.

Are you this naïve IRL or is it just your online persona?

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Well he can allways chose not to try and poach players under contract with another team with stupid amounts of money ? Oh right he can't do that because he's an idiot.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I doubt it. Most are paid obscene wages anyway and if they get offered double their protestations will soon be overcome. Most have one principle they live by and that is to get as rich as possible. As with the numerous tax dodgers of the EPL as seen in the Paradise Papers.

If clubs wanted to call players' bluff, they could be offered a chance to terminate their contracts immediately without compensation. With a condition that these players wouldn't ever be eligible to be hired in any capacity by any current or future Superleague teams.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No. Spurs are not a historic big club. Arsenal neither. City neither. Benfica, Ajax, Bayern are.
You're taking my examples as literal definitions, I just used them as just descriptive examples. City and Spurs most definitely are not big clubs, but they have money nowadays which classifies them as one.

Arsenal is as big as a club can possibly be, only club never relegated in English football league history of the EPL. To think they're not on United's level is hilarious mate, they're the second most successful club in the EPL after Man United.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

Holy crap

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If clubs wanted to call players' bluff, they could be offered a chance to terminate their contracts immediately without compensation. With a condition that these players wouldn't ever be eligible to be hired in any capacity by any current or future Superleague teams.

There's a good bet to be made this iteration of the "Superleague" is going to flop bigtime if it even happens.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
And he swings for the eigth time and still misses.
It's OK, your posts tell the whole story.

Here's the story: You think the megastar players on European super-clubs are motivated by honor, glory, and loyalty, and not money. I'm telling you that's naïve.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, Perez certainly is unashamedly staking out his ground. Unsurprising. This article here from January if you have an Athletic subscription remains a good read.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't know if this has already been addressed in this or the previous thread, but I was wondering who the refs will be in the ESL if it actually happens?
Will they just outspend UEFA and poach some of the refs who are now doing the CL and EL games, or are they planningn on signing up new refs.
As things stand right now, I doubt the domestic leagues and federations would allow their refs to work ESL as a side gig

Reactions: QuietContrarian

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Also part of me wonders if they’ll try to pull something where they claim to have heard everyone’s complaints and then just modify it so that the original clubs can be relegated but have some crazy rules around it like not being able to happen for 10 years and requiring consecutive bottom of the table finishes or something.

Isn't that the relegation rule in Argentina or at least was some years ago? Average points over last 3 or 5 seasons?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Holy shit these guys literally don't watch the sport:

It's his damn toy and has been for ages. He loves wasting money on new players and the posing with them. If they work out on the club ? Meh he no longer cares. It's one of the reasons his club has been in financial trouble even pre-COVID .

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
Am I the only one that loves the Super League? I’m an extremely casual soccer fan but this has me pumped. The hardcore fans are always going to watch. Even the fans freaking out now screaming boycott will watch. This will attract the casuals and grow the game significantly. Can’t wait for this thing to get going.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
You know, I gotta give Perez credit. Just when some owners/execs at other clubs might become as hated as him, he steps up to the mic and says these things...

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Greedy AND arrogant.

He said that there was no way players were gonna banned from WC/Euros or the teams from the CL/EL. He guaranteed it :laugh:

They obviously have had some legal advice beforehand. I don't know details about these cases and it's DM but:

"confidence in the Super League case is based in part on the fact that two European courts have now passed judgements overturning similar moves by other sporting federations, making the threat by football's governing bodies appear hollow.
The European Commission has previously ruled that the International Skating Union cannot prevent speed skaters from participating in new money-spinning events. That decision was supported in a judgement in Europe's second highest court, the General Court in Luxembourg, in December.
Orth says there have been other cases, too, in Sweden and in Italy, to name a few.
The fledgling Super League has not revealed which courts it has lodged papers with, but Orth believes they are likely to be the High Court in London and in Italy.
Although the UK is now outside of the European Union the law that applies in this area is largely unchanged. By taking their case to a court on the continent, the Super League opens the way to a judgement in the European Court of Justice."

European Super League clubs would WIN any court case brought by UEFA or FIFA, says legal expert | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad