GDT: Super something something in somewhere on Friday June 7th

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah after you mentioned the the potential Goldberg concussion a lot of this makes sense.

I still think he’s an idiot if he concussed himself for a SECOND time now before going to the ring.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Goldberg concussed himself pre-match that dude didn't feel a thing on that tombstone lmao.

Such a dangerous match by both guys. They clearly can't go anymore.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
messing a chokeslam is the opponents fault.
guy was dead before the match started. taker is done too.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Yeah after you mentioned the the potential Goldberg concussion a lot of this makes sense.

I still think he’s an idiot if he concussed himself for a SECOND time now before going to the ring.

The concussion was him hitting the ring post on the failed spear. The match went downhill very quickly from there. That said, he might have racked up another one on that failed tombstone, so that's uhhhh....super good.

Reactions: Jussi

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That match should of ended after Goldberg hit the spear after the snake eyes when Taker was running for the big boot.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
RL0Z9WF.jpg

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The concussion was him hitting the ring post on the failed spear. The match went downhill very quickly from there. That said, he might have racked up another one on that failed tombstone, so that's uhhhh....super good.

He was bleeding on his entrance. He totally did his pre-match ritual of hitting his head against the door or something. He looked off the moment he stepped on the ramp.

Reactions: Disclose

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Goldberg looked much better before that turnbuckle spot.

He did but he still looked quite off just watch his entrance. He does the one kick and then just walks the rest and does the arm lift. He was already messed up before getting into the ring and that turnpost spot screwed him up even more. And you can tell that they wiped the blood off the middle of his forehead before leaving gorilla. He did his stupid ritual headbutt to cause that just like before. Then rammed the top of his head into the turnpost probably because he's already concussed and couldn't stop himself.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He did but he still looked quite off just watch his entrance. He does the one kick and then just walks the rest and does the arm lift. He was already messed up before getting into the ring and that turnpost spot screwed him up even more. And you can tell that they wiped the blood off the middle of his forehead before leaving gorilla. He did his stupid ritual headbutt to cause that just like before. Then rammed the top of his head into the turnpost probably because he's already concussed and couldn't stop himself.

Like I said, at their age, that heat is going to mess you up quickly. He looked really gassed when he got to the ring. He looked fine in the beginning. The first two Spears looked just fine. Maybe the heat made him extra sweaty and he somehow slid off the turnbuckle into the post harder than intended. :laugh:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Watch it again on the Network, Goldberg looks great before the ring post spot, and is clearly out of it afterwards.

I think his body just gave up on him. He took that first choke slam (which was after he cut himself) correctly. He was still communicating with Marc after botching the tombstone.

Goldberg could barely go 5 minutes in WCW. Marc asked for too much.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Like I said, at their age, that heat is going to mess you up quickly. He looked really gassed when he got to the ring. He looked fine in the beginning. The first two Spears looked just fine. Maybe the heat made him extra sweaty and he somehow slid off the turnbuckle into the post harder than intended. :laugh:

Even the spears looked stiff for Goldberg in terms of his body movement and its fluidity.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think his body just gave up on him. He took that first choke slam (which was after he cut himself) correctly. He was still communicating with Marc after he botched the tombstone.

Goldberg could barely go 5 minutes in WCW. Marc asked for too much.

He barely went 5 minutes in WCW not because he was a bad athlete, but because he didn't understand how to wrestle. When they put him in longer matches he either hurt people (like Bret Hart) or looked like a total idiot because of his lack of skill.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
He barely went 5 minutes in WCW not because he was a bad athlete, but because he didn't understand how to wrestle. When they put him in longer matches he either hurt people (like Bret Hart) or looked like a total idiot because of his lack of skill.

Check how Goldberg sets up the first choke slam: took a good 20 seconds of rest when Marc had his arm up. If he did ring his bell on that post spot, he was still well aware of what he was doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad