GDT: Super something something in somewhere on Friday June 7th

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I seriously wonder if Goldberg even remembers anything from the match after he concussed himself.
They probably don’t even remember what they had for breakfast even if nothing happened in the match.

f*** me. Just a nightmare having those two fossils go out there and try to wrestle.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
there were lots of "fans" this time, from the chants.
they marked at the tag team spot with AOP/VR/HM chanting "nxt."
same at triple h.

they were loud this time.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Good to see Taker and Goldberg almost paralyzed each other.

... Because nobody could've predicted that a 50 year old with a power move set vs. a 50 year old sand bag could go terribly wrong.

Reactions: Disclose

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Undertaker is a total sand bag, you’re absolutely right.

He doesn’t do a god damn thing to help moves along. Look at Reigns with the reverse tombstone at WM33, numerous times Lesnar had to physically pick him up for an F5.

Enough with this guy already.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Obviously part of the blame falls on Mark and Bill.

However, I think the majority of the blame falls on Vince, for booking this dumb match, and trying to push it as this legendary match, and the main event, while at the same time pushing this event to be better than WrestleMania.

I get it, the Saudi’s asked for it. They also asked for f***ing Yokozuna over a decade after he passed away.

You say no. You say they are in their 50’s and are retired and can no longer wrestle. You say we can have them come out, do their fancy entrances, and f***, can have them cut a promo about how Goldberg would’ve loved to bring the streak here and how Undertaker will always remember making Rusev Rest In Peace here or something.

Heck, have the Singh Bros come out, have Taker hit a chokeslam and Goldberg hit a spear.

But no match

Stop it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im not mad or anything. im a Taker mark and i love wrestling , but yeah....

have a 5 minute match. The Entrances is the wow factor that they want.
Heres your match, but its short, cuz theyre old and they cant do it anymore. Dont go out and prove anything. just be Undertaker and Goldberg. Do your best moves to make the crowd pop, kick out, finisher and have a winner.

show respect, blow fireworks after for the picture and thats it. it sucks too, but it wouldnt have been embarrassing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
These guys need to stop wrestling. Plain and simple.

2002, this f***ing guy says he doesn’t want to be the guy who overstays his welcome and fans feel sorry for him. IT’S BEEN FIVE YEARS OF FANS FEELING SORRY FOR YOU. Hang up those damn boots.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Honestly, I would have had them both make their entrances, stare each other down and then have someone like Elias come out, cut a promo and then both Taker and Goldberg hit their finish on him or something.

There’s no f***ing way they should be wrestling.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It sucks because Undertaker is the perfect character to do some epic way of killing him off.

Like a buried alive match then they put him in a casket and throw him in the ocean. Or like the epic Paul Bearer poured into concrete and his character was done.

Undertaker is never gonna get that it’s probably too late at this point. Tis a shame.

Oct 18, 2011
Good to see Taker and Goldberg almost paralyzed each other.

... Because nobody could've predicted that a 50 year old with a power move set vs. a 50 year old sand bag could go terribly wrong.
So I haven't watched the match but I saw some gifs

My thought is, IF you're going to use legends shouldn't you put them in the ring with people that will make them look good?

If you're going to use Undertaker how about putting him against DB or AJ, so he doesn't look so bad?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You can all say what you want about wanting the guys to not have a match anymore but when 2 and 3 million dollars get waved in front of your face, you'll do it if Vince gives you that to do it. That's what most of these guys deserve for taking the blood money associated with working this gig. I get that some guys don't have the power to say no to Vince but Taker and Goldberg have more than made their money and just show they don't give a damn and deserve no respect for any of their career at this point. This was embarrassing and it was only for the money and it didn't matter where that money came from.

Feb 24, 2017
You can all say what you want about wanting the guys to not have a match anymore but when 2 and 3 million dollars get waved in front of your face, you'll do it if Vince gives you that to do it. That's what most of these guys deserve for taking the blood money associated with working this gig. I get that some guys don't have the power to say no to Vince but Taker and Goldberg have more than made their money and just show they don't give a damn and deserve no respect for any of their career at this point. This was embarrassing and it was only for the money and it didn't matter where that money came from.
The man behind the undertaker apparently has money issues. You try turning down 2 million dollars for an hour of work.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't want to get too political, and last time they held an event in SA and I commented about it I was basically getting all of my comments deleted by mods but I will say this:

I get that there's a very negative stigma around the government running Saudi Arabia. That's warranted and more than deserved. Things that they have done as a regime are entirely their own actions, though. I've been a practicing, dedicated Muslim for 25 years now. Not only is what the government does nothing even remotely resembling Islam based on the teachings from the Quran, but the government acts on its own. The majority people living in Saudi Arabia aren't exactly thrilled with the familial regime that currently oversees things.

With that said, I can understand why people wouldn't want the wrestlers to attend, and last time was pretty warranted. You look around at the crowd last time and it looked like higher up officials, likely involved in the government somehow, sitting all over the arena. This show, however, felt different. This show just looked like regular old citizens coming to a live event to watch their favourite wrestlers - both past and present - competing. Something that might only happy for these people once or twice in their lifetime. Some of us get to experience this once or twice every few months. Just because those people live in Saudi Arabia, doesn't mean they shouldn't be given an opportunity to see a live show.

Money is money. If Saudi Arabian higher ups want to pay the WWE a boatload of money to host shows, so be it. But the WWE's position can't be "we're going here to help initiate change" and the SA position can't be "LOOK AT US WE'RE AMAZING". Just call it what it is: a live wrestling event, no more, no less. It just so happens that the wrestlers are getting paid more for this than usual.

Again, I get not liking the government - I don't either. But the people at that show looked like typical wrestling fans you'd see anywhere, just happy to be there.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I'm not even that mad at Goldberg/Taker for the match. I'm mad at WWE for not ending it. If this was a real fight the ref would have stopped it. Why exactly does WWE feel that it needs to go on? Show your performers basic respect and protect their safety.

I'll even say this...

If I had to choose between those two which one I would rather watch again in a ring (I'd rather not watch either of them again) it would be Goldberg 100/100 times.

Reactions: dahrougem2

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Word from Dave is that both guys were pissed and want to redeem themselves for what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad