Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The Versus Mode unlock "cheat" doesn't work for me at all. Pretty disappointed. Going to a Friend's house for a Smash Party and I feel like we're gonna be playing on a Super Nintendo with this limited of a roster. I wanted to get at least 20-25 characters. Very disappointing.

I played 10 matches and already unlocked like 4 characters. It's pretty fast.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am really liking unlocking the characters. Feels kind like I am building a team.

Love getting the "Challenger Approaching" warning again too. IIRC it wasn't in Smash Wii U or 3DS at all; everybody was unlocked right from the start.

I used him in the past but I am really loving Villager. I think they made changes to the pocketing mechanic because it seems alot more useful and reliable now. You can pocket a Pokeball or assist trophy, then move around to get into a better position, and unleash it in the perfect spot.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I played 10 matches and already unlocked like 4 characters. It's pretty fast.
Must be nice to be you.

I've played 3 hours and saw 2 characters in Smash, and 1 after Clasic. I'm probably just gonna take it back, to be honest, lol. f*** this. I already cancelled my get together tonight because I'm not having 3 friends over with 10 characters.

Over 100 fights in Smash. 1 set of Classic.

Saw Ness (won), Zelda (won), K-Rool (lost, even though he was at 200%, he just wouldn't die). Fought another 15 Smash fights AFTER K-Rool, and he hasn't popped back up. Seriously not worth my time lol

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Must be nice to be you.

I've played 3 hours and saw 2 characters in Smash, and 1 after Clasic. I'm probably just gonna take it back, to be honest, lol. **** this. I already cancelled my get together tonight because I'm not having 3 friends over with 10 characters.

Over 100 fights in Smash. 1 set of Classic.

Saw Ness (won), Zelda (won), K-Rool (lost, even though he was at 200%, he just wouldn't die). Fought another 15 Smash fights AFTER K-Rool, and he hasn't popped back up. Seriously not worth my time lol

I forget the menu option but the "blue" one has an option to "re-challenge" anyone that you weren't able to beat. Zelda killed me but I was able to try again through there.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I forget the menu option but the "blue" one has an option to "re-challenge" anyone that you weren't able to beat. Zelda killed me but I was able to try again through there.
Games and more.

Yeah, I had read that too. Didn't show up for me though. I honestly feel like my game is broken somehow, lol. There's supposed to be a 10-minute timer (and a distance moved counter) for new characters. I haven't unlocked a character since 1:45 pm according to my Milestones in-game. Played until just a few minutes ago straight. And haven't seen anyone else. I even did a 20 minute match where I just ran in circles to to trigger the "distance moved" thing. So 2 hours, 15 minutes of playing earned me nothing, lol. I could just do World of Light, I guess, but that's apparently about 30+ hours. Plus watching a stream it didn't seem easy, lol.

No idea, lol.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I've unlocked about 6-7 just by playing the adventure mode and a few matches with my brother.

The Adventure mode is great, but some of the challenges are literally "We're going to spam this item, better hope you can get to them before one of the 3 CPUs you're up against can."

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I hate the new Link. No hookshot grab, remote bombs are weird. He also somehow feels slower with smash attacks.

Thank God for toon and young link...whenever I unlock them :laugh:

Of the new characters I've played: inklings are alright, a bit weird to get used to. K.Rool is decent but Incineroar and Ridley are absolute garbage. Those two are on their way bottom tier land. Especially incineroar and his brutal recovery

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy **** this game is awesome. So much customization, so much to unlock, and so much to do.

Anybody know where story mode is? I absolutely loved it in the Wii version and I can't seem to find it in the menu (which so far is the worst aspect of the game - very cluttered, weirdly setup, and confusing). Another aspect I dislike is they took away the Kanji letters when making your own personal character and substituted with Russian.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This stupid online system sakurai came up with is total trash.

I'm sure EVERYONE loves being thrown into free for alls 24/7. I'm sure the causals love having a pro player in their match and i'm sure the pro loves being here

****ing stupid. I'm fine with having competitive free for all but don't make me play it if i don't want to.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I’ve been on vacation all week and won’t get home until Sunday. The excitement I have for picking this up is absolutely killing me. I hope I can unlock Young Link first. He’s been my favorite iteration of Link in the series thus far.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I’ve been on vacation all week and won’t get home until Sunday. The excitement I have for picking this up is absolutely killing me. I hope I can unlock Young Link first. He’s been my favorite iteration of Link in the series thus far.

IIRC Young Link challeneged me completely at random.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
****, those character trophies (not sure what they're called) who battle with you are overpowered AF^500. My bro and I just did a couple of 3 v 3 with level 9's and whoever's team was able to get most of them won the match every single time. I think I am going to have to turn those off.

E: Not sure what game it is from, but that scythe item which functions similar to the baseball bat is deadly.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Character unlocks outside of World of Light are completely random fyi.

I got K.Rool as my first, whereas my friend got Peach.

Also be warned, the challenger AI doesn't **** around. It gets so good at points some AIs have been able to totally body actual pro players (no seriously, both Mang0 and Zer0 got 0 to death'd)

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
It's finally here *tears*

Grabbed it after work last night and played a bit of World of Light.. holy shit that Dr Mario and tiny Snakes battle took me a while :laugh: so annoyingly fun

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Still waiting on mine to arrive.

Gamestop online f'd up and ate my gift card, and I'm still fighting with them to get it back.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This series is still the best to play with a close group of friends. The game is awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad