Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have mixed feelings on this one.

I almost wish there were more Nintendo characters added over all the expansions. I think we have some holes that should be filled.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I have mixed feelings on this one.

I almost wish there were more Nintendo characters added over all the expansions. I think we have some holes that should be filled.
Honestly other than like, more Mario/Fire Emblem/Pokemon characters I think their first party well is pretty tapped at this point.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Honestly other than like, more Mario/Fire Emblem/Pokemon characters I think their first party well is pretty tapped at this point.
You are probably right there - I just think it would have been fun to get some more funny Nintendo staples. King Boo, Waluigi, Toad, Birdo, ETC. They Pirhana plant so maybe even throw in a Goomba or something.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That really isn't what the DLC was for though.

First party joke characters are something for a potential sequel. DLC was mostly for big surprise 3rd party characters.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think Sora, Crash or Master Chief would have been the only names big enough to feel fitting for the final character. If it was something like Cinderace there would have been such a letdown.

As usual when working with Square, pretty disappointed in the music selection. Not one new arrangement? You need to buy a Kingdom Hearts rythym spinoff game to get a version of Dearly Beloved? The heck.

He looks pretty fun to play though. As a big JRPG fan I'm really happy to have gotten Sora, Seph and Pyra/Mythra in the last pack, I'll never tire of the anime swordies.

Now that the roster is fully complete, I think Crash, Master Chief and a Resident Evil character feel like the biggest omissions as far as representing the gaming landscape. No one cares about Master Chief in Japan and Nintendo/Sony may have not wanted to work together on Crash so I get those ones. But I really don't know why a Resident Evil character never made the cut. If it's about the violence necessary for their moveset, Joker has a gun and Snake has an arsenal. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad