Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
What they have done with the classic, single player arcade mode isn’t getting enough love.

Every fighter has their own unique path that ends with their own unique boss (I think anyway, Samus fought all villains and then the boss was Master Hand). Richter fights all echos, Mario fights teams representing every other Nintendo franchise,

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

“No! No Nintendo don’t do it!”

These smash reveal reactions are always so good!

And apparently Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is being published by Nintendo.....I’m really starting to think it isn’t impossible we see a Marvel character in Smash DLC. I could totally imagine that Wolverine model in the MUA3 trailer fighting in Smash Bros.

I couldn’t imagine more than one Marvel fighter regardless. Either Wolverine, Iron-Man or Captain America I would think....but I guess why not Spider-Man, Thor or Hulk?!

Crazy times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
for the world of light. has anyone beaten the zelda with the Yuki spirit?
I have NO idea how to beat her. she just obliterates me at every turn.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Never played this before. Pretty fun game that pays tribute to every thing Nintendo and beyond.

But really hard as a noob. Ai has no mercy. But at least they give you the chance to unlock people every two fights or so. From what I noticed.

I’m not sure what to think. It’s beautiful but frustrating.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I’m no Smash expert but I’ve played every version a fair bit and IMO this game is much, much more punishing than previous iterations. I am getting my ass kicked reguarly by new challengers. Peach has destroyed me like 5 times now!

Took me two or three tries but finally beat Ryu. I can sort of understand how some people would like all the characters right away, but I am legit having fun unlocking the roster at random. I think the game encourages you to switch modes a lot because that’s how I play and I’m unlocking fighter like every 5 minutes.

Pikachu’s arcade campaign is great. So many Pokémon! I just love what they did with the campaign. They’re all themed and they even all have their own title!

The little snapshot of the mural/difficulty is an awesome touch. I can’t stop gushing about this game.

1. Spider-Man
2. Smash
3. RDR2

And Smash might move up.

:bow:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I just noticed I can refight the new challengers who I lost to, in one of the menus. Well this is fun cuz I lost to a bunch I wanted to unlock

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Character unlocks outside of World of Light are completely random fyi.

I got K.Rool as my first, whereas my friend got Peach.

Also be warned, the challenger AI doesn't **** around. It gets so good at points some AIs have been able to totally body actual pro players (no seriously, both Mang0 and Zer0 got 0 to death'd)
Ness was my first.

This is where I'm sitting right now.

f34483acb6b8c945e9641ecd534dd92e.jpg

Screenshot - f34483acb6b8c945e9641ecd534dd92e - Gyazo

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
These classic mode final bosses are... ridiculously overpowered. I keep going for a perfect 10 intensity scale but I really do not think it's possible to beat any of the higher scale final bosses without dying.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
for the world of light. has anyone beaten the zelda with the Yuki spirit?
I have NO idea how to beat her. she just obliterates me at every turn.

Is that the Giant Zelda that spams magic? Yeah, that fight is a bitch. Persistence is the only way I got past.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Is that the Giant Zelda that spams magic? Yeah, that fight is a *****. Persistence is the only way I got past.

no it's the one where like. she gets a tonne of assists and this camera thing hits you with like a crap tonne of damage.
Bayonetta is kicking my butt too. lol

I can sort of see why people want to use a gamecube controller for this. it's more intuitive.
If i had the money to spend i'd truly get one. but i am still not sure if i am keeping this. I might just sell it.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The stage I'm having the most trouble with at the moment is the Peach one with the Pauline spirit.

Timed event, with Peach programmed to run away. But let's have Mario and DK there as well to pummel you. Oh, and your jumping power is lowered.

And just for some final "f*** you"s, Mario starts with a hammer and a slow time bubble spawns super early.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
OMG Ryu’s Classic Mode campaign is so good! I won’t spoil it but just, as soon as you unlock him go play his classic mode.

This game is made with so much love.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Bayonetta is my favourite so far.
I finally beat her in the World of Light (Yoshi helped).
that Peach/Camera thing is still annoying as get out it's pissing me off lmao

for challenges
Little Ken and Isabelle and Warrior just owns me (I don't know really how sometimes i'm winning and then all of a sudden they can knock ME out). it's so weird.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Only had the game for 4 hours and it’s my favorite smash game. So much fun.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This stupid online system sakurai came up with is total trash.

I'm sure EVERYONE loves being thrown into free for alls 24/7. I'm sure the causals love having a pro player in their match and i'm sure the pro loves being here

****ing stupid. I'm fine with having competitive free for all but don't make me play it if i don't want to.

Isn’t the multi player arena thing the way to go?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
okay. how on earth is it that i can hit the boxer guy and get him to 120 (and I'm 0 percent) and then he does that glow hit thing and i'm ko'ed) (I'm still trying to figure out how to do it, because it's costing me Lucina, this boxer guy, Isabelle, and Daisy).

I finally beat the fatal frame thing though. finally.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
okay. how on earth is it that i can hit the boxer guy and get him to 120 (and I'm 0 percent) and then he does that glow hit thing and i'm ko'ed) (I'm still trying to figure out how to do it, because it's costing me Lucina, this boxer guy, Isabelle, and Daisy).

I finally beat the fatal frame thing though. finally.
im also having trouble with this dude.

learning the game. some characters im more comfortable, but since im playing with friends, i change every time and thats when the new challenger comes and kicks my ass. (no excuses im bad haha)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I like the varying difficulty of challengers. Peach beat me like 7 times whereas I got a flawless victory again K Rool the very first time.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i don't mind the difficulty i'm just curious how to do the glowly hit thing, or like "finish them."

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i wonder if they'll fix the bayonetta lag. when you change her costume no unit appears.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
i don't mind the difficulty i'm just curious how to do the glowly hit thing, or like "finish them."

The Final Smash? Wait until your bar is full or you start glowing, find your way next to your opponent (since so many of them have a limited range), then hit B. Just B, no movement stick involved.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I have 33 fighters so far but it already feels like 100. Still missing a ton of my favourites (Luigi, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Snake, Pac Man, etc) but I love slowly expanding the roster and using each character a little bit.

-It feels like there are even more characters when you consider some of the character pallete swaps and how they’re used in a lot of battles. There are 8 different Inklings, 8 different Animal Crossing Villagers, 8 (or is it 9?) different Koopa Kids! And I’m sure there are a couple others that aren’t springing to mind. Unlocking a Animal Crossing spirit had me fighting 8 different villagers plus Isabelle; Mario fights all 8 Koopa Kids in one classic mode battle. It just makes for so much visual variety, and as a fan of all those series it just sort of tricks my mind into thinking there are even more characters that there are.

-Love the inklings! Their move set is awesome, incorporating all the different Splatoon weapons and covering opponents in ink is so fun! It really is true about how all the fighters actually feel comparable to their real videogame counterparts, not just palette swaps in a fighting game.

-In the same line of thought, after having gotten used to the updated Link, I really like the remote bombs. They make for a great tactical item now to try and control your opponent as opposed to being the same bomb, at the same angle, on the same timer, every time. I feel like I’m playing BOTW when I throw a bomb at someone and detonate it at just the right time.

-World of Light is easily the best single player mode ever in Smash. The unique battles throughout and the overworld structure work perfectly for a fighting game.

-The classic mode campaigns are tremendous. They’re actually the better single player mode, but they don’t seem to be be what audiences want from a single player experience at all, so I guess they’re just the side dish I enjoy more than the main course.

-The spirits are lots of fun. To defeat the Excitebike spirit you fight and army of Warios but they only do their side special move, so the fight is just you battling 4 Warios riding back and forth on motorcycles. And there’s freaking hundreds of these adorable, lovingly crafted, dumb little scenarios!

-I’ve played 2 online matches, both 4 man free for all, one was laggy as all hell. One was actually pretty smooth. I doubt I’ll ever touch online much though anyway except for maybe an organized match with friends (like a tourney on this board).

-Trophies were never interesting. The spirits are way better. As are the challenge panels that are unlocked after meeting certain milestones.

This game delivers in every possible way. It is a definitive masterpiece. 10/10

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The Final Smash? Wait until your bar is full or you start glowing, find your way next to your opponent (since so many of them have a limited range), then hit B. Just B, no movement stick involved.

okay thanks. i'll keep an eye on that. (is that predicated on health or just the glow thing?)
i've been using the C stick moves that's kinda cool.

LOL add Roy to the list of new heroes that kick my butt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad