Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
There's more than enough Fire Emblem characters in the game already, though.

I'd say the same about Pokemon, and yet we got another one. Nintendo picked the DLC characters and a new Fire Emblem game is coming out in the DLC window...I'll be shocked if we don't get another FE character.

I love Fire Emblem, but they're all always my last choice to play as in Smash.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Gen 8 isn't too far away and a new Fire Emblem. Wouldn't be shocked if that was two slots right there. If Nintendo has already decided does that mean no third parties? It's a bit weird...

KingFoe

This channel has tons of footage of most characters/stages for anyone interested.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If I have to stomach another Fire Emblem character can it at least be one of the characters I actually liked playing in Warriors? Like Ryoma or Lyn?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Smash Bros ad during Sunday Night Football.

They didn’t focus much on the fighters. Mario and the Inkling were most prominent.

They need to run an ad, especially for the MNF type audience, highlighting the old school all star roster. The old folks watching tv will eat that up! Show us all the legendary videogame characters that us over 30’s instantly recognize. Mario, Sonic, Mega-Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Snake, Link, Samus, Cloud, ROB, Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, etc...

People will see that and think “holy shit! They made Video Games: The Game!”

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
PSA: Apparently at least one retailer in Mexico has broken the street date and has started to sell copies of the game, at least one of which has been dumped and leaked on the internet. Be careful not to get spoiled when browsing sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Reddit, and Twitch.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Smash is purchased and downloaded. :DD

Got the basic version. The other one is $120 CDN. I’ll be surprised if there is more than 1 DLC character that really speaks to me. It already has everybody I could have ever unrealistically asked for like Cloud, Snake and Ryu. At this point The only videogame character left I would want is Tails and after that it’s fantasy picks like Goku or Iron Man. I’ll buy DLC case by case.

For anyone curious file size for Smash it’s 13 gb. By far the biggest first party game.I’m sure there will be added patches at launch too so it’ll bump up a bit over time.

For reference....

Smash - 13.6 GB
MK8DX - 6.8 GB
Odyssey - 5.5 GB
Cpt Toad - 1.4 GB
Sonic Mania - 381 MB

You definitely want a bigger micro sd at some point, but the 32 gb of internal storage goes a pretty long way

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Smash is purchased and downloaded. :DD

Got the basic version. The other one is $120 CDN. I’ll be surprised if there is more than 1 DLC character that really speaks to me. It already has everybody I could have ever unrealistically asked for like Cloud, Snake and Ryu. At this point The only videogame character left I would want is Tails and after that it’s fantasy picks like Goku or Iron Man. I’ll buy DLC case by case.

For anyone curious file size for Smash it’s 13 gb. By far the biggest first party game.I’m sure there will be added patches at launch too so it’ll bump up a bit over time.

For reference....

Smash - 13.6 GB
MK8DX - 6.8 GB
Odyssey - 5.5 GB
Cpt Toad - 1.4 GB
Sonic Mania - 381 MB

You definitely want a bigger micro sd at some point, but the 32 gb of internal storage goes a pretty long way

Any micro sd's that you would recommend?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i asked in the nintendo thread, but i'll ask here.
do i need the gamecube controller for switch or will my regular switch controller work?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
i asked in the nintendo thread, but i'll ask here.
do i need the gamecube controller for switch or will my regular switch controller work?

Absolutely not. I haven't played Smash on a GC controller since I actually played Melee on Gamecube.

Literally every control method will work. Gamecube controller, Switch Pro controller, double Joycons, single Joycons.

I find it really obnoxious how much the "competitive scene" has taken over discussion about Smash to the point where somebody would actually need to ask if non Gamecube controllers will work with the game. And all the of the new modes they add to Switch, if you look at the Smash Bros reddit all the posters do is complain about how whatever the topic of discussion is doesn't seem to be catering specifically for competitive losers. These people are already crying for character balancing in a game that doesn't release until Friday. :banghead:

I watched that E3 reveal trailer again but with the NYC Nintendo Store crowd reactions.....these pricks started booing when Bayonetta showed up on the screen because they think she is an overpowered fighter. These losers are insufferable.

Reactions: Satan

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Absolutely not. I haven't played Smash on a GC controller since I actually played Melee on Gamecube.

Literally every control method will work. Gamecube controller, Switch Pro controller, double Joycons, single Joycons.

I find it really obnoxious how much the "competitive scene" has taken over discussion about Smash to the point where somebody would actually need to ask if non Gamecube controllers will work with the game. And all the of the new modes they add to Switch, if you look at the Smash Bros reddit all the posters do is complain about how whatever the topic of discussion is doesn't seem to be catering specifically for competitive losers. These people are already crying for character balancing in a game that doesn't release until Friday. :banghead:

I watched that E3 reveal trailer again but with the NYC Nintendo Store crowd reactions.....these pricks started booing when Bayonetta showed up on the screen because they think she is an overpowered fighter. These losers are insufferable.

thanks! :)
and honestly don't. (find it obnoxious) I just noticed that it was available and i was like :O ! Gamecube controller! but i have the odyssey controller and it works fine (so basically i still have get the adapter so i can use my GC on my wii U). this was strictly a "do i need to get it" (like it plays better, or something) with a GC controller).

remember i've never played a smash - so i have zero idea what's what. I was thinking about cancelling my pre-order, but i forgot i got it for under 70 dollars, nand the chances of me getting it this cheap ever is nill. so i'll learn how to smash. :)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
and honestly don't. (find it obnoxious) I just noticed that it was available and i was like :O ! Gamecube controller! but i have the odyssey controller and it works fine (so basically i still have get the adapter so i can use my GC on my wii U). this was strictly a "do i need to get it" (like it plays better, or something) with a GC controller).

remember i've never played a smash - so i have zero idea what's what. I was thinking about cancelling my pre-order, but i forgot i got it for under 70 dollars, nand the chances of me getting it this cheap ever is nill. so i'll learn how to smash. :)

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I'll probably be a getting a switch for a graduation present and most likely be getting Smash with it, but I haven't played Smash Bros since Brawl. It'll probably be a learning curve for me, but I'm hoping it'll be like riding a bike.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Smash basically plays the exact same. Its still just A and B and you push different directions for different moves.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I've got my brand new cube controller ready. Smash is dl'd and waiting to be unlocked. Hopefully I'll like the game play. Smash U felt way too slow and clunky. Brawl added silly elements like tripping and the game play was not my thing. Hopefully while different from melee, this can keep me similarly happy.

Maybe we should organize an hfboards tournament.

Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I've got my brand new cube controller ready. Smash is dl'd and waiting to be unlocked. Hopefully I'll like the game play. Smash U felt way too slow and clunky. Brawl added silly elements like tripping and the game play was not my thing. Hopefully while different from melee, this can keep me similarly happy.

Maybe we should organize an hfboards tournament.

Im fully on board. That arena thing they have shown off would be pretty great for a smaller tournament like what we might do.

Dq7GoQzU8AAhgJ4.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad