Super Smash Bros Ultimate (13.0 + Sora)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There's more Kingdom Hearts games (4) on Nintendo systems than Bayonetta, Metal Gear Solid, and Kid Icarus...Cloud is a character...but no Sora.

Cut my life into pieces

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I’m sad that Spring Man is only an assist trophy. I want to see the full list of spirits so we know who can write off as potential DLC fighters.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There's more Kingdom Hearts games (4) on Nintendo systems than Bayonetta, Metal Gear Solid, and Kid Icarus...Cloud is a character...but no Sora.

Cut my life into pieces
Given Square's penchant for being rather.... stingy, shall we say, Sora was always a long shot, especially if Disney is involved.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Given Square's penchant for being rather.... stingy, shall we say, Sora was always a long shot, especially if Disney is involved.
I was never clear if Sora himself was a Disney property though. I don't think IP association with a Disney IP necessarily establishes ownership. You could have Sora or Riku, or even Roxas and not involve any aspect of the Disney universe.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I was never clear if Sora himself was a Disney property though. I don't think IP association with a Disney IP necessarily establishes ownership. You could have Sora or Riku, or even Roxas and not involve any aspect of the Disney universe.
Maybe, but what about everything surrounding Sora? Stage, music, etc...

The fact that we got only 2 Final Fantasy songs (and not even remixes at that) for Cloud really speaks to how Square operates.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

That lack of clarity is likely the very thing they are trying to avoid. :laugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Aww no Isaac :(
I’d easily take off 3 Fire Emblem characters for him. Just keep Roy lol

Glad we are getting some dlc characters in the future though.

Spirit mode and stuff look great I’m actually excited for it. Just over a month!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe, but what about everything surrounding Sora? Stage, music, etc...

The fact that we got only 2 Final Fantasy songs (and not even remixes at that) for Cloud really speaks to how Square operates.
Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, Destiny Islands, Keyblad Graveyard, Traverse Town. All purely Square locations with original non Disney music.

I mean this has just been a hope of mine since the post Brawl days given that any KH character could have a dynamic moveset, and KH has more Nintendo titles than main series games. I know it continues to be unlikely but if they got Snake, then Sora or Riku wouldn't be weird.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Plant, Duck Hunt Dog, ROB, Mega Man, Pac Man, Little Mac.....so much fan service for us old folks.

Can’t wait for the Young Link and Plant amiibos.

Also I love referring to him (her?) as The Plant.

Also The Plant isn’t really that unprecedented. It was a playable character in Double Dash.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Plant, Duck Hunt Dog, ROB, Mega Man, Pac Man, Little Mac.....so much fan service for us old folks.

Can’t wait for the Young Link and Plant amiibos.

Also I love referring to him (her?) as The Plant.

Also The Plant isn’t really that unprecedented. It was a playable character in Double Dash.
And yet Waluigi has to stay home.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hoping for Captain Toad, Decidueye, Paper Mario, Ninten (Ness echo), possibly Steve, and Geno to get in as DLC. No issues whatsoever with Waluigi not being a fighter, not sure what all the uproar is for. I'm curious to see how many DLC characters they put in.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Waluigi is a meme for kids.

I would welcome him onto the roster (unlike Shadow who’s presence would make the game worse) but his inclusion/exclusion means nothing to me. The Plant is way better than Waluigi.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, Destiny Islands, Keyblad Graveyard, Traverse Town. All purely Square locations with original non Disney music.

I mean this has just been a hope of mine since the post Brawl days given that any KH character could have a dynamic moveset, and KH has more Nintendo titles than main series games. I know it continues to be unlikely but if they got Snake, then Sora or Riku wouldn't be weird.
But do we really need another swordfighter? And there isn't a single mainline KH game on a Nintendo console.

There's hope for DLC I guess but if we're getting another square rep I'd rather haveGeno, or another FF rep. Kain please.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Dq7POVxUUAAsg9y.jpg:large

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But do we really need another swordfighter? And there isn't a single mainline KH game on a Nintendo console.

There's hope for DLC I guess but if we're getting another square rep I'd rather haveGeno, or another FF rep. Kain please.
Eh. Sora used more than just his "sword"

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Also, I will be terribly disappointed if none of the DLCs contain Rawk Hawk as an Incineroar echo fighter.

Just too perfect of a fit to ignore it.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I get some disappointment in not getting s favorite in, but reading reddit and other forums. Smash fan base deserves all the salt it gets. So entitled and whiny.

This roster is fantastic. Would love a few more, but this is way more then I ever originally expected.

What does deserve some salt IMO is the removal of trophies, and even more so how online is being handled. It amazes me how bad Nintendo is at doing simple online matchmaking.

Edit: I would expect some real boomers for DLC. Smash 4 brought in some real unexpected third party characters. I expect the same this time.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Smash fans contribute to my sustained lack of enthusiasm for the series.

That said I’m still gonna pre-purchase/download the deluxe version of the game.

I love pirhanna Plant as a fighter!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Piranha Plant is the exact type of out of this world, nonsensical as all hell bull****tery i expected from Sakurai. :laugh: He made a 2D stickman and a god damn dog and duck work as playable characters.

I dig it though. Certainly not the "big" character reveal i was expecting, but it's a welcome addition nonetheless. Way better than "i was literally created because Wario needed a doubles partner for tennis and have no discernible backstory other than that" Waluigi.

I have a feeling they're either holding back a bombshell/in the process of making a bombshell for the DLC though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mymerlincat

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated: