NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVII: (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs vs (NFC) Philadelphia Eagles

KC vs PHI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
nfl should change the rules for penalties. no more automatic first downs you get the yards but have the same set of downs and yards to go.
It’s always been terrible. If that was 3rd & 18 instead of 3rd & 8 it would be objectively stupid. 5 yard penalties should not be automatic first downs.

On the other hand, I’ve already had a couple people (not here) get served receipts to their reactions to the Saints/Rams NFC Championship Game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
not a big fan of football but that was a lousy finish to an actual good game
my only issue with NFL is there's no team in Toronto so finding a team is almost impossible to me, I just dont know how to pick a team.
and there's just too much stop and go.
Modern sports is just going with the vibes. Eventually it will be calling to you.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
not a big fan of football but that was a lousy finish to an actual good game
my only issue with NFL is there's no team in Toronto so finding a team is almost impossible to me, I just dont know how to pick a team.
and there's just too much stop and go.
Just pick a team and don't be a band wagon jumper. Maybe a certain player's play will sway you to their team

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That’s what coaches do when they watch tape. Find plays where the opposition struggled to stop. The key was that inside guy, Kelce on the first one as the eagles were focussed on making sure they had him covered but didn’t switch off like they should. That’s on the eagles DC and DB coaches for not handling that after the Jags game and after the first KC TD on that play.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s what coaches do when they watch tape. Find plays where the opposition struggled to stop. The key was that inside guy, Kelce on the first one as the eagles were focussed on making sure they had him covered but didn’t switch off like they should. That’s on the eagles DC and DB coaches for not handling that after the Jags game and after the first KC TD on that play.

The second time was really like ‘oh, let’s see if they adjust the coverage. No? lmao’

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

The second time was really like ‘oh, let’s see if they adjust the coverage. No? lmao’

The primary was the WR but if Philly switched off then KC would have the matchup on Kelce that they wanted. First TD it was Slay on Kelce so if a Philly did switch then slay goes with Toney and leaves the other DB on Kelce which is what the were hoping for as well.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023

"Philadelphia Eagles cornerback James Bradberry made a surprising admission about his part in the controversial call that impacted the end of Super Bowl LVII.
Bradberry was called for holding on a key 3rd-and-8 with 1:54 left in the fourth quarter. Instead of an incomplete pass, the call gave the Chiefs an automatic first down, and allowed them to run down the clock almost all the way. Without the flag, the Eagles’ offense would have had nearly two full minutes to tie or win the game.

Many were furious with the call, but Bradberry admitted after the game that the flag had been correct.

From a tweet by Mike Giardi:
"For those who didn't like the call on James Bradberry, here's the word from the man himself: “It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide.""

• Wow
Reactions: 1989

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That defensive line for the eagles should be embarrassed

garbage performance

that is not an all-time defensive line like they tried to hype them up to be.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
When has the nfl began painting the Super Bowl number so large around the 30 yard line? Is that really necessary?

For their biggest game to have that kind of footing issue is a bad look for The nfl.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Hurts balled out, he was making great throws and the pass catchers were making some remarkable grabs. They needed it to, because outside of Hurts they didn't have much of a run game from their RBs.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hurts balled out, he was making great throws and the pass catchers were making some remarkable grabs. They needed it to, because outside of Hurts they didn't have much of a run game from their RBs.
I was surprised the Eagles either didn’t get more out of their RBs or didn’t try to run it more. Figured they would have.

Smith not being able to survive going to the ground late in the first half was huge. That would have put them at the KC 20 or something with plenty of time and a pair of TO. Massive swing if they could have put that in for a TD va getting a FG to close the half.

Hurts guided the team to 4 TD and 2 FG drives. But that has to be netted against his fumble. That’s still 27 points typically,

Punter with a horrible punt late, that line drive with no hang time.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I was surprised the Eagles either didn’t get more out of their RBs or didn’t try to run it more. Figured they would have.

Smith not being able to survive going to the ground late in the first half was huge. That would have put them at the KC 20 or something with plenty of time and a pair of TO. Massive swing if they could have put that in for a TD va getting a FG to close the half.

Hurts guided the team to 4 TD and 2 FG drives. But that has to be netted against his fumble. That’s still 27 points typically,

Punter with a horrible punt late, that line drive with no hang time.
The Eagles punt and kick return has been terrible all year. Killed them tonight. Cant spot the Chiefs basically two touchdowns, one of them the quarterback just dropped the ball.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Of course Brady had a better statline. The Bucs o-line was giving Brady all the time in the world. Meanwhile the Bucs were getting consistent pressure and pocket collapse off just rushing 4.

You can spin it how you like, in the end, my original point remains correct. Brady outplayed and beat him twice when it mattered. K.C. didn't adjust at all in that game and Mahomes was very much the inferior QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Eagles punt and kick return has been terrible all year. Killed them tonight. Cant spot the Chiefs basically two touchdowns, one of them the quarterback just dropped the ball.
Turnovers and special team play would be big. Eagles got a good return to their 40 just before the half. If smith holds onto that deep shot to the ground who knows if Philly is able to cash that in for a TD vs settle for a FG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad