NFL GDT: Super Bowl LV: (NFC) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs

KC vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
It wasnt just in terms of Super Bowls. Ive been watching the NFL for over 20 years and I can count on one hand the number times I have seen a defensive line dominate like that. Mahomes was backpeddling ever dropback. It was a combination of the Bucs defensive front and the Chiefs missing players through injury/opting out not to play the season due to the virus. They just got beaten over and over again.
Yeah, I'm not putting any of that loss on Mahomes. He had no pocket to throw from at all, which is also something I've not seen before. He was all alone out there.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Licht has proven himself to be a spectacular drafter.

Yeah that Wirfs pick was terrific. I remember listening to a The Herd show and one of the guest was a private Oline coach who was training Tristan Wirfs (amongst other NFL stars) and he could not believe how gifted he was.

i never thought he would be the 4th tackle taken in the draft.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Licht has proven himself to be a spectacular drafter.

Not a Bucs fan but I was pretty high on Licht when they hired him. Didn't get the attention some GMs do, but credit to the Glazers for giving him time and letting him build the team up.

Aguayo was a bad pick, but IIRC theres a bigger story there.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm enjoying all of the Pats fans treating this like their home team won the game.
You would probably consider me in this group. I don't think Tampa is my home team but I was rooting for Brady & TB the whole season. In the extremely unlikely chance he happened to meet the Pats in the Superbowl I'd be rooting for them but otherwise team TB baby. Brady helped turn our city from perennial losers to 20 years of success I could only dream of. I'd let him kiss me on the lips.

Reactions: TB12

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009

I remember when Bucs hire him, Licht promise to build through the draft. And he did exactly what he said.

In 2014 he took Mike Evans with #7 pick. It wasn't good draft overall but who cares? After all, Evans is superstar, one of the best players in Bucs history. I'll take that over quantity.

2015 was good draft - after Jameis, he draft Donovan Smith and Ali Marper. Also, Kwon Alexander.

2016 is epic fail though... Vernon Hargreaves, Spence, Aguayo...

2017 - O.J Howard, Chris Godwin in 3rd round. Justin Evans and Beckwith looks promising but they are done because so many injuries.

2018 was good. Vita Vea, RoJo, Carlton Davis, Alex Cappa, Jordan Whitehead and Justin Watson.

2019 is another good one - Devin White, SMB, Dean, Mike Edwards, Anthony Nelson and Scott Miller.

Last year you have Wirfs, Winfield and Tyler Johnson.

He has been good after 2016.

Reactions: JTBF81

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You would probably consider me in this group. I don't think Tampa is my home team but I was rooting for Brady & TB the whole season. In the extremely unlikely chance he happened to meet the Pats in the Superbowl I'd be rooting for them but otherwise team TB baby. Brady helped turn our city from perennial losers to 20 years of success I could only dream of. I'd let him kiss me on the lips.
I don't at all have a problem with people cheering for their favorite players to keep winning.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The most hilarious thing is Tom Brady is already the greatest QB in Bucs history.

You could probably argue he won that title the moment he put on their jersey, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad