NFL GDT: Super Bowl LV: (NFC) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs

KC vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This was set up to be such a classic. What a letdown.

Reminds me of the Seattle-Denver SB which was over within like ten minutes.

I'd say the same thing if the Chiefs won in a blowout.

I said I'd take a blowout if it was from the bucs obviously but I think we all really wanted to see Brady and Mahomes go back and forth all game and have it be last team to have the ball type game.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Actually I saw some interviews yesterday where his dislike for Brady was coming back. Their show interviewed Ronald Jones and his first question was what did Brady say to Mathieu. And then when RoJo gave a nondescript answer he said well we know you're not telling us the truth. The sore loser is coming out.

Yes. It’s not just his takes but also his general behavior and non verbal.

The best part is he is self aware that he will be mocked in the future « The last dance » that will be made for Tom once all is said and done.

I don't expect Nick Wright to change his stripes anytime soon.

But he doesn't have the ammunition anymore to be acting so cocky.

Imagine if the Chiefs won? He would be unwatchable.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don't expect Nick Wright to change his stripes anytime soon.

But he doesn't have the ammunition anymore to be acting so cocky.

Imagine if the Chiefs won? He would be unwatchable.

Nick Wright is the only FS1 talking head that isn’t basically speaking of Brady like he walks on water. Otherwise, it’s the Tom Brady network

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
lol not much worry about covid down in florida by the looks of it.
Pretty sad, really. Arians looks like a lot of the patients on my COVID ICU. Dude is at risk, and should be playing it safe, but people tend to let their guards down at big events (Championship wins, protests, presidential wins, etc...)

I just hope they all come out of it unscathed. At least the weather is perfect in Florida to mitigate the spread a bit.

As for the game- I was glad to see the Chiefs get dominated like that. The refs did suck early on, but the Bucs dominated the Chiefs all night, so there's really no excuse for that type of loss. Mahomes sucked, but he was pressured all night. Same thing happened to Allen two weeks ago.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Arians is vaccinated.

Bruce Arians knew Tom Brady was 'missing ingredient' to Buccaneers' championship

This summer, Arians and his wife, Christine, will celebrate their 50th anniversary. She wasn’t sure he should coach this season, and wanted him to seriously consider the coronavirus opt-out.

Arians, who is now vaccinated, convinced her he would be extra careful.

Also that team party in the port of Tampa at the end did not allow outsiders in, just team members and their families.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
What was arrogant was taking the chance that taking that timeout would not help Tom Brady, not thinking that Mahomes would score.
Exactly.

Brady was slicing the defense up at that point of the game. Giving him more time wasn't a smart idea, especially considering the way KC's defense was playing.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Exactly.

Brady was slicing the defense up at that point of the game. Giving him more time wasn't a smart idea, especially considering the way KC's defense was playing.

barely throwing for 200 yards- yeah he really sliced the defense up

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

"Yards" what a terrible argument.

Mahomes finished the game with 276 yards, yet, he was terrible (not necessarily his fault) all game long. He got most of his production in garbage time.

Brady did not get more yards because the Bucs went away from the passing game to prioritize running/killing the clock. Heck, it is also WHY Mahomes got yards in the 4th quarter. Bucs D took away the long game and let them move between the 20s a bit at a time to kill clock.

Brady completed 80% of his passes and 3 TD by half time. He absolutely "sliced the defense up"... when he had to.

I know you are a hater, but please learn the game if you are to comment.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
His 1st half statistics were:

16/24 (66.67%), 140 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions. That is a quarterback rating of 121.53.

I would say that qualifies as slicing up the defense. That is playing at a level above an MVP winner.

Of course his 2nd half statistics would be less, especially his yardage numbers. You don't pass the ball when you are up 21-6. First of all, you don't risk any interceptions. Second of all, you run the ball and kill time off the clock.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
EEE60436-1EE6-4854-BE42-FD8A795300DF.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->