NFL GDT: Super Bowl LV: (NFC) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs

KC vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yeah, I'm not putting any of that loss on Mahomes. He had no pocket to throw from at all, which is also something I've not seen before. He was all alone out there.
I'm putting some of that loss on Mahomes. If your line is breaking down like that you throw quick short passes like screens , slants and outs and run the ball. Mahomes could have talked to Reid after the 1st quarter and changed things up. But they kept wanting to hit home run throws.

Reactions: crowi

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Anyone watch Nick Wright the past couple of days?

He has been humbled.

Ever since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year, he has been acting like some teenage boy who just kissed a girl for the first time.

His cockiness has been silenced the last couple of days.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

He has been humbled.

Ever since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl last year, he has been acting like some teenage boy who just kissed a girl for the first time.

Counterpoint- Skip Bayless' cockiness has been enhanced and now we get 7 months of Brady gushing.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I just finished watching the game and don't really see the gripes from Kansas City fans/Tampa haters. The Chiefs got their asses handed to them fair and square. But I do have four thoughts:

1) Reid's son being impaired and injuring two kids was a distraction. Period.

2) Injuries hampered Kansas City at the wrong time. But that doesn't excuse that team from not being able to score a touchdown. In addition, at some point, they weren't going to pull another game out of their ass. They are the trademark "flip the switch" team that typically happens after you win a championship. But they were doing this stuff last season. Brady got into the heads of that defense big time in the second quarter.

3) Even more important, their regular season meeting meant a lot. Just as their losses to New Orleans in the regular season. They were able to adjust in both cases like winning teams do.

4) Much like Brady prior to this season, the legacy of Belichick is secure. However, he just got put on notice to prove everyone wrong ala Brady. I'm curious to see how this will motivate him and if he'll stay as long as possible to achieve it.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm putting some of that loss on Mahomes. If your line is breaking down like that you throw quick short passes like screens , slants and outs and run the ball. Mahomes could have talked to Reid after the 1st quarter and changed things up. But they kept wanting to hit home run throws.
Fair enough on all accounts. It did seem they were trying to do the same thing over and over again. Not adjusting.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

He has been humbled.

Actually I saw some interviews yesterday where his dislike for Brady was coming back. Their show interviewed Ronald Jones and his first question was what did Brady say to Mathieu. And then when RoJo gave a nondescript answer he said well we know you're not telling us the truth. The sore loser is coming out.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012

He has been humbled.

Yes. It’s not just his takes but also his general behavior and non verbal.

The best part is he is self aware that he will be mocked in the future « The last dance » that will be made for Tom once all is said and done.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I just finished watching the game and don't really see the gripes from Kansas City fans/Tampa haters. The Chiefs got their asses handed to them fair and square. But I do have four thoughts:

1) Reid's son being impaired and injuring two kids was a distraction. Period.

2) Injuries hampered Kansas City at the wrong time. But that doesn't excuse that team from not being able to score a touchdown. In addition, at some point, they weren't going to pull another game out of their ass. They are the trademark "flip the switch" team that typically happens after you win a championship. But they were doing this stuff last season. Brady got into the heads of that defense big time in the second quarter.

3) Even more important, their regular season meeting meant a lot. Just as their losses to New Orleans in the regular season. They were able to adjust in both cases like winning teams do.

4) Much like Brady prior to this season, the legacy of Belichick is secure. However, he just got put on notice to prove everyone wrong ala Brady. I'm curious to see how this will motivate him and if he'll stay as long as possible to achieve it.

Your 4th thought about BB..
It will be very difficult for BB to get that team near the playoffs.They just don't have the horses they used to.Brady could cover that teams weakness and currently don't have anyone near that talent level.That division was a cake walk for Bradys entire career and probably the easiest one to win in general.Thats not true anymore Buffale is now a force and Miami is capable of going 8-8 so NE cant show up ,throw thier sticks on the ice and walk away division winners.

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
That division was a cake walk for Bradys entire career and probably the easiest one to win in general.Thats not true anymore Buffale is now a force and Miami is capable of going 8-8 so NE cant show up ,throw thier sticks on the ice and walk away division winners.

And the Jets have nowhere to go but up

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Your 4th thought about BB..
It will be very difficult for BB to get that team near the playoffs.They just don't have the horses they used to.Brady could cover that teams weakness and currently don't have anyone near that talent level.That division was a cake walk for Bradys entire career and probably the easiest one to win in general.Thats not true anymore Buffale is now a force and Miami is capable of going 8-8 so NE cant show up ,throw thier sticks on the ice and walk away division winners.
BB isn't just the coach, he's the GM and he sucks at drafting offensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad