GDT: Super Bowl LI - PATRIOTS CHAMPIONS - GEE WALLY WINS MVP FOR GOING TO BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
This cannot be allowed to fall off the board's first page!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hael-floyd-i-ended-up-on-a-team-that-loved-me

"Because of the low profile he assumed upon joining the Patriots, Floyd's name did not come up in the wave of high-priced impending free agents the Patriots need to make a decision on. But his future will be one of the more interesting subplots of the offseason."

"Should New England cut ties with Danny Amendola this offseason -- something ESPN had previously reported was a certainty if Amendola does not re-work his $6 million salary -- Floyd could see an opening in the rotation."

Do you think they ink him? Doubtful. Looking forward to seeing Mitchell for a full season.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Patriots have made numerous roster moves over the past 16 years that defy logic but in the end Belichick is proven correct 90% of the time. Every other Super Bowl Championship team in the 21st Century has had a year where they have crashed and burned except the Patriots.

This is age thing but for those of us who suffered with 'The Sons of Billy Sullivan' and then Victor Kiam the fact that Foxborough has become the epicenter of the NFL is mind blowing.

This cannot be allowed to fall off the board's first page!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hael-floyd-i-ended-up-on-a-team-that-loved-me

"Because of the low profile he assumed upon joining the Patriots, Floyd's name did not come up in the wave of high-priced impending free agents the Patriots need to make a decision on. But his future will be one of the more interesting subplots of the offseason."

"Should New England cut ties with Danny Amendola this offseason -- something ESPN had previously reported was a certainty if Amendola does not re-work his $6 million salary -- Floyd could see an opening in the rotation."

Do you think they ink him? Doubtful. Looking forward to seeing Mitchell for a full season.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There is no ambiguity in the rulebook. They clearly and obviously broke it.

I swear, Goodell does this to **** off the Pats. Patricia's clown shirt saved Seattle's 2nd round pick.

WORTH IT.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
There is no ambiguity in the rulebook. They clearly and obviously broke it.

I swear, Goodell does this to **** off the Pats. Patricia's clown shirt saved Seattle's 2nd round pick.

WORTH IT.

100%! This is the other side of the "Article 46" coin, meaning Goodell can do whatever he wants , so he does a full Chelsea Manning on the Seahawks. Too bad the NFLPA is the weakest union since Elton John's first marriage, because they should be tossing Article 46 out the window, but they never will.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
100%! This is the other side of the "Article 46" coin, meaning Goodell can do whatever he wants , so he does a full Chelsea Manning on the Seahawks. Too bad the NFLPA is the weakest union since Elton John's first marriage, because they should be tossing Article 46 out the window, but they never will.

This is the most frustrating part for me. Goodell just makes **** up as he goes in regards to punishing the Patriots.

Tampering with footballs and equipment violations already have a penalty on the books, it's a fine of around $15k (see San Diego a few years back).

If you are the Patriots, it costs you millions of dollars, a 4 game suspension of your GOAT QB, and picks (incl a 1st).

Just ridiculous.

p.s. and they still win SB's. Must **** Goodell off to no end LMFAO.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
p.s. and they still win SB's. Must **** Goodell off to no end LMFAO.

Part of me thinks that even though Goodell is obviously pissed about the win (along with the other beaten down babies of the Jets, Colts, and Ravens), there is no way he will do something as obvious as screwing the Patriots for something minor again. But then I remember - This is Goodell we are talking about!! - and I get real scared for the future.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Bill throws a curveball and trades for a player. Joe Thomas?

Love the guy, and love how outspoken he has been about deflategate and Goodell. And if Garoppolo becomes a stud on the Browns, it won't hurt as much, as I'd love to watch him torch the Steelers and Ravens. :laugh:
Could see Thomas wanting to finish his career there, though.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
A first, so Bill can trade it for multiple 2's and 3's

This makes sense to me, as it seems to be how he operates.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill throws a curveball and trades for a player. Joe Thomas?

Love Joe Thomas hard. Heart and soul of the Browns for the last decade.

Also? Been a lousy Browns team for all of that time.

I'd do it even just to give that guy a chance at a ring.

Starts with the 12th pick at a minimum.

If that's not on the table, do they keep him?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'll assume if Thomas came back this way that he would play guard? Wouldn't mind that at all, hopefully Thuney can transition to RG in that instance.

As for the 12th pick, I do think any final trade involves that or the equivalent. Garoppolo displayed too many qualities in his starts to dump him for lesser value: lightning release, quick decision maker, good arm strength, hot........you know, all those things the Pats are used to having from the QB position for the past two decades. If the return isn't worth it, then I'd rather have him for another season as insurance.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I'll assume if Thomas came back this way that he would play guard? Wouldn't mind that at all, hopefully Thuney can transition to RG in that instance.

As for the 12th pick, I do think any final trade involves that or the equivalent. Garoppolo displayed too many qualities in his starts to dump him for lesser value: lightning release, quick decision maker, good arm strength, hot........you know, all those things the Pats are used to having from the QB position for the past two decades. If the return isn't worth it, then I'd rather have him for another season as insurance.

No, I think Thuney and Mason are both more in our long term plans than Solder. I'd let Cleveland take Solder. Not that I'm expecting any of that.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I suppose so, though I am not the biggest Shaq Mason guy. I feel his performance was easily replaceable, whereas Thuney looked like a very good bet for the future.

I'm not so sure. Mason is an absolute animal in the run game. Pancake city :laugh:

Really like Thuney as well, though. Although he got beat hard a couple times in the Super Bowl.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I think the entire interior line had their struggles down the stretch and in the playoffs, but it was a long season for them. Thuney was obviously a rookie, used to college length seasons, and so were Andrews and Mason for the most part, as second year guys playing part time roles their rookie year. Big career highs in snaps for all 3. I think they'll all improve.

Solder I'm less confident in. I'd like Cam Robinson, but I'm biased towards Bama and hearing he may be better at guard. Who knows. He looked like a beast to me, but I'm not paid to watch football. Thomas is obviously still one of the best in the league.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I'm not so sure. Mason is an absolute animal in the run game. Pancake city :laugh:

Really like Thuney as well, though. Although he got beat hard a couple times in the Super Bowl.

Shaq got beaten twice in three plays for sacks too, though. And Solder was obviously the worst of the bunch until a certain DE going on 37 years old racked up an unhealthy amount of snaps (just like their D as a whole). Judging all of them based on that game is probably not the best. Cannon did alright. :laugh:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
After reflecting for a couple weeks...

I never thought the Super Bowl 42 wound would heal. The 03 Sox was healed the next year, as was the 10 Bruins.

But losing a perfect season...there's no coming back from that. Even beating the Giants in 11 wouldn't have done it.

Between Butler 2 years ago and this insane comeback though...I don't feel the hurt of that loss nearly as much anymore.

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
After reflecting for a couple weeks...

I never thought the Super Bowl 42 would would heal. The 03 Sox was healed the next year, as was the 10 Bruins.

But losing a perfect season...there's no coming back from that. Even beating the Giants in 11 wouldn't have done it.

Between Butler 2 years ago and this insane comeback though...I don't feel the hurt of that loss nearly as much anymore.

Completely agree. Never thought it was possible to heal from that short of pulling it off. But getting to 5, in the fashion they did against Atlanta, finally softened that loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille