GDT: Super Bowl LI - PATRIOTS CHAMPIONS - GEE WALLY WINS MVP FOR GOING TO BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I think the point he was making, was that every single team does shady ****. Tomlinson can harp on Spygate and "put asterisks" next to the championships all he wants, but Deion is saying that it's not just exclusive to the Patriots.

You mean like cheating the salary cap, pipping in crowd noise, using tacky towels, coaches tripping players running down the sideline, using heaters on the sideline to warm the footballs and a 100 other things?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You mean like cheating the salary cap, pipping in crowd noise, using tacky towels, coaches tripping players running down the sideline, using heaters on the sideline to warm the footballs and a 100 other things?

Exactly.

Every. Single. Team "cheats" or tip toes the line to try and gain an advantage. I don't know why people are surprised. And the fact that former players (Faulk, Tomlinson) are so ****ing bitter about it is hysterical.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The game in itself, I'd agree. But you have to consider the stage as well. One was a wild-card game to maaaaybe get to the Super Bowl and get slaughtered by whoever the NFC sent (which did, of course, happen), the other had a team trying to win its city's second championship ever (in the team's second attempt) against a juggernaut.

On the other hand, I'd use both your argument and mine to argue that this was a better comeback than that game. First, it was the Super Bowl (that in itself should offset the difference in points), but second, it wasn't as reliant on the Falcons botching so many routine plays. Sure, they botched a lot of things (blocking Hightower, play calling, couldn't stop one of two two-point conversions, etc.) but not to that degree. I don't know if you'd consider that contradictory, but I don't think it is.

Oh I agree with you completely. In fact that was the point I was trying to make - I believe the internet and office water-cooler 'haters' saying this championship was gifted to the Patriots because Atlanta choked, aren't giving enough credit to the execution, perseverance, and mental fortitude of the Patriots' miraculous comeback.

The Bills, on the other hand, had a lot more help from an opponent that actually did quit, in my opinion.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Hadn't checked Max Kellerman's Twitter since the Super Bowl. I just did, and it's glorious. After the pick-six (I'm assuming), he just tweeted "cliff". Then he tries to avoid eating crow by suggesting he predicted a New England win and that Brady would be Super Bowl MVP. Then goes on and on about the choking of the Falcons.

And now he's back to saying "Oh well... next season or the one after that he'll fall of a cliff! I would've given him a one year contract, or a two year one to spread the bonuses. But he'll definitely suck in 2018" :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL network just aired sounds of the game and it was spectacular.

Wow was it good.

Blount, Edelman and Sanu jr were the stars

My favorite two scenes were Belichick about to hug Edelman who still thinks final play being reviewed before hugging is pretty funny

Edelman is actually very funny through out

The last scene as Brady walks down the steps holding his daughter as she turns her head with a look of a child's love for her dad while he is oblivious to it with the last 18 months projected on his face like a screen

Also if you watch it pause when Jackie and Mathew Slater embrace - that should be an award winning photo

I recommend watching this

FribbleLine

Jul 13, 2014
Ocean State

Wow was it good.

My favorite two scenes were Belichick about to hug Edelman who still thinks final play being reviewed before hugging is pretty funny

The last scene as Brady walks down the steps holding his daughter as she turns her head with a look of a child's love for her dad while he is oblivious to it with the last 18 months projected on his face like a screen

Also if you watch it pause when Jackie and Mathew Slater embrace - that should be an award winning photo

I watched it also. It was excellent. Still can't believe that happened.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

If all they showed is up on NFL.com they didn't show the whole thing. I saw it on youtube, and Edelman was celebrating until he got to Brady who still wanted to make sure White was in (you could see that he wasn't ready to celebrate as Ryan came over to congratulate him and media swarmed him), and that got Edelman worried. And so he started yelling at everyone and their mother to get the **** off the field because it wasn't over. Garoppolo tells him to (I think) "shut up". Then when Belichick gets to him and tells him it's over he's like "oh!" at first. :laugh:

watch from 0:22 :laugh:
Love all of the top comments as well, including "would have been funny if he told Belichick to get the **** off the field" :handclap:

Loved Jackie Slater's appearance as well. And in related (but not miced up) post-game highlights, Chris Long being interviewed next to his father and cracking jokes.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Wow was it good.

Here it is for your enjoyment

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Clear example of Patriot Nation's influence: saw a clip tonight of Bob Kraft having dinner at Mar e Lago with the Pres and the Japanese Prime Minister, Abe. NFL expanding to Tokyo?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Clear example of Patriot Nation's influence: saw a clip tonight of Bob Kraft having dinner at Mar e Lago with the Pres and the Japanese Prime Minister, Abe. NFL expanding to Tokyo?

You might see a regular season game in Japan at some point but that is.

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
Im ecstatic to hear Goodell is mad at the Pats. Please troll this guy forever thanks
Trump_US_Japan_60054.jpg-826d7.jpg

Goodell must have wanted to throw up in his mouth a little when he saw video of Bob Kraft sitting down with the leader of the free world. You think Krafty Bob asked Trump to do him a solid and make Goodell's life a living hell? From what I've read and seen Trump is fiercely loyal and he doesn't like seeing his friends targeted. Apparently Trump got real close to the Krafts after Myra passed away. It would be glorious.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Awwww, poor Roger. If you don't like being portrayed as a clown, stop acting like one!

Love Matt Patricia's shirts. Love Bob Kraft and the Hoodie even more for not caring one crap that Patricia wears those shirts. :handclap:

It's one thing if the players are open about their dislike for the guy, but it's an entirely different thing when coaches, DC's and likely a future head coach in this league is calling him a clown. You reap what you sow, and this is the fall out Roger has to live with and own from carrying Mara and Rooney's water and forcing outrageous penalties on a team over what's always been considered a very minor offense. In other words, **** Roger Goodell. :laugh:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It's one thing if the players are open about their dislike for the guy, but it's an entirely different thing when coaches, DC's and likely a future head coach in this league is calling him a clown. You reap what you sow, and this is the fall out Roger has to live with and own from carrying Mara and Rooney's water and forcing outrageous penalties on a team over what's always been considered a very minor offense. In other words, **** Roger Goodell. :laugh:

Rooney Mara was pretty good in that Dragon Tattoo movie . . .

But yeah, **** Goodell!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

This is probably the first thing you've written in years that I fully, 100% agree with.

**** Goodell indeed!

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lol you guys are gonna love this guy trying to bring down Brady

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2185713&page=19

Wow. I'm impressed with myself. It took more restraint than I thought I had not to blast his/their ***** there.

Just love how he removes Manning's ****** year, but compares Rodgers to Brady's whole career. Rodgers of course entered the league at an age where most QBs have their best years, in an age where passing is even more prevalent than back in the early 2000's, and Rodgers who might decline faster than Manning or Brady because of his reliance on his stronger arm and legs. Even if he doesn't he's unlikely to approach their amount of games played even if he escapes injury until retirement.

And of course discount Manning's 2 billion interceptions, I'm sure TD to INT ratio is just as irrelevant as passer rating. That is, until he realises the only one who has a better ratio than Brady is Rodgers - because that's what made rating temporarily relevant to him - though his ratio isn't better if you compare him to 2007-present Brady. To think there isn't a statistical case for Brady... The mental acrobatics on that one. :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Also couldn't help but read some of the early pages of the thread. Apparently we have the second best (after Dallas) o-line in the league because Brady has 8-10 seconds to throw (nevermind that he gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone else in the league).

Also, following up a 16-0 season by going 11-5 with a guy who made the pro bowl with a different team two years later means the former QB sucks. Definitive proof of this is that when Manning was injured his team went 2-14 (not sure it was brought up, had to stop reading). Again, don't mind the fact that Cassel was and remained for quite some time a decent NFL QB and the Colts on the other hand picked up a retired soon-to-be 39 year old (and re-retired), and then a 3rd year (soon to be released) 200th or so draft pick. Plus possibly (blatantly?) tanked. And they still "only" dropped eight wins from the previous season, Pats dropped 5. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad