GDT: Super Bowl LI - PATRIOTS CHAMPIONS - GEE WALLY WINS MVP FOR GOING TO BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
I've been attempting to come up with a package of picks that perhaps the Pats would be interested in instead of the first. They like trading down anyway, right?

Can't argue with that. I have a feeling Bill B. will try to fleece Sashi and company after the Collins trade (no real logic behind that statement but I feel like that was a gift trade for the Brownies).

I'm not sure how I'd feel about trading Jimmy G for 12 and then signing him to a mega-contract (probably $15+ million per year)...:popcorn:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Can't argue with that. I have a feeling Bill B. will try to fleece Sashi and company after the Collins trade (no real logic behind that statement but I feel like that was a gift trade for the Brownies).

I'm not sure how I'd feel about trading Jimmy G for 12 and then signing him to a mega-contract (probably $15+ million per year)...:popcorn:

BB likes trading down, but he's going to want to do it on his terms, not the Browns.

I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but what have the Browns done recently that leads you to believe they will be in control of this situation and dictate terms?

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
BB likes trading down, but he's going to want to do it on his terms, not the Browns.

I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but what have the Browns done recently that leads you to believe they will be in control of this situation and dictate terms?

That's exactly my point. The running theme with Browns fans regarding the Pats is that Bill B. will not facilitate a trade that he doesn't win.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's exactly my point. The running theme with Browns fans regarding the Pats is that Bill B. will not facilitate a trade that he doesn't win.

Your missing my point. It's not that he wants/needs to "win" the trade. It's that he's not going to want a package of lower picks from CLE. He's going to want the 12th pick and then he can decide whether or not he wants to trade down.

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
Your missing my point. It's not that he wants/needs to "win" the trade. It's that he's not going to want a package of lower picks from CLE. He's going to want the 12th pick and then he can decide whether or not he wants to trade down.

Dude, I get that. He'd be stupid not to want 12. My fake offer of Jimmy G and 32 for 12 was in jest. I know there's zero chance he'd take anything less than 12, especially if 3 is somehow in play.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Browns would likely have to include a guy like Joe Thomas if they're not willing to part with the #12 pick.

#33 + Joe Thomas might get it done.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
While Joe Thomas is great, he's what 32-33?

Yup, but much like in Brady's case, it seems almost irrelevant. The guy is the definition of an iron man.

Did anyone notice what Thomas did? Down there in that mess, he played his 9,500th straight snap. He's never sat out one single play, according to the Browns. It's a stunning stat, especially when you consider that Thomas, arguably the NFL's best left tackle, has spent his entire career in Cleveland, a place in which there is generally nothing to play for by December. The things Thomas has seen in 10 seasons would make your chinstrap curl: Johnny Manziel's off-the-wagon spiral, the Rob Chudzinski experiment (all 12 months of it), the winter wearing-of-the-paper-bags ritual. Through it all, the one true thing that has endured is Thomas, whose streak (now at 9,684) has survived six head coaches and 18 starting quarterbacks.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...e-thomas-9684-straight-shifts-factory-sadness

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Yup, but much like in Brady's case, it seems almost irrelevant. The guy is the definition of an iron man.

Did anyone notice what Thomas did? Down there in that mess, he played his 9,500th straight snap. He's never sat out one single play, according to the Browns. It's a stunning stat, especially when you consider that Thomas, arguably the NFL's best left tackle, has spent his entire career in Cleveland, a place in which there is generally nothing to play for by December. The things Thomas has seen in 10 seasons would make your chinstrap curl: Johnny Manziel's off-the-wagon spiral, the Rob Chudzinski experiment (all 12 months of it), the winter wearing-of-the-paper-bags ritual. Through it all, the one true thing that has endured is Thomas, whose streak (now at 9,684) has survived six head coaches and 18 starting quarterbacks.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...e-thomas-9684-straight-shifts-factory-sadness

The more I think about it, I agree. If he's here for 3 more years with Brady and they win another ring - well worth it.

Bearclaw

Jul 25, 2013
California
Browns would likely have to include a guy like Joe Thomas if they're not willing to part with the #12 pick.

#33 + Joe Thomas might get it done.

I'd rather trade 12 than JT, personally. Like you guys say above, dude is the definition of reliable. He hasn't missed a snap in his entire career and if you're trading for a potential franchise QB, you're going to want your future HOF left tackle protecting him (Browns fan bias, of course :nod:).

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'd rather trade 12 than JT, personally. Like you guys say above, dude is the definition of reliable. He hasn't missed a snap in his entire career and if you're trading for a potential franchise QB, you're going to want your future HOF left tackle protecting him (Browns fan bias, of course :nod:).

Normally, I'd say "that is what the #1 overall pick is for", but this is shaping up to be the weakest offensive tackle draft in years. Only 2, maybe 3, projected to go in round one and the only one that MAY go in the top 10 is more of a right tackle.

It would be painful for sure to give up a guy like Thomas, but I can't really see any other way Cleveland can compete with teams that might throw a top 10 pick out there. His value will likely only go down the more he plays/the older he gets.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thomas makes close to $9 M not sure that flies

But he went off on Goodell so that counts

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
The other factor here is that if nobody is willing to offer up a lot in a trade, that's a good indicator of how much we'd have to pay him (unless there's a Brady injury). Paying 2 QBs is a viable alternative. But I hope we get an offer worth taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->