GDT: Super Bowl LI - PATRIOTS CHAMPIONS - GEE WALLY WINS MVP FOR GOING TO BED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Amendola wants to return which is a good thing - hope it works out

Reading the Darrelle Revis incident that kid was busting Revis balls. Doesn't mean he should have got knocked out for 10 minutes (maybe a couple)

Also the Jets tampering on Revis should cost them their entire draft and $5 M fine for what they did

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Amendola wants to return which is a good thing - hope it works out

Reading the Darrelle Revis incident that kid was busting Revis balls. Doesn't mean he should have got knocked out for 10 minutes (maybe a couple)

Also the Jets tampering on Revis should cost them their entire draft and $5 M fine for what they did

Can you fill me in on the tampering [art?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Tampering in the NFL is a joke. Every team does it, unless you think that NFL teams and agents are so good at negotiating and writing contracts that they can have most of the big FAs signed to new teams within one minute after free agency opens every year.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tampering in the NFL is a joke. Every team does it, unless you think that NFL teams and agents are so good at negotiating and writing contracts that they can have most of the big FAs signed to new teams within one minute after free agency opens every year.

Well don't they have that legal window to talk to FA's and essentially has out a contract before free agency actually starts, or is that the NBA?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Well don't they have that legal window to talk to FA's and essentially has out a contract before free agency actually starts, or is that the NBA?

There is a 3 day "legal tampering" window now, but that was only instituted three years ago.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

True, but we are talking about the integrity of the game here...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
NFL Rumors: ‘Several Teams’ Preparing ‘Blockbuster Offers’ For Jimmy Garoppolo

Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman wrote Wednesday three NFL executives “believe some team is going to make the New England Patriots an offer for Jimmy Garoppolo they cannot refuse.â€

From Freeman’s “10-Point Stance†column:

“I want to be clear about what I’m being told: (The executives) believe several teams are preparing to make blockbuster offers for Garoppolo. I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying this is the belief of some around football. They think a draft shakeup is coming and that it will involve Garoppolo.

“The increasingly popular view among some in the league is that Garoppolo can transform a franchise almost overnight and is worth a first-round pick.

“There’s a desperation that’s sweeping the league when it comes to finding a quarterback, greater than I’ve seen in a long time. One front-office executive called it the Dak Prescott Phenomenon.â€

http://nesn.com/2017/02/nfl-rumors-several-teams-preparing-blockbuster-offers-for-jimmy-garoppolo/

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
NFL Rumors: ‘Several Teams’ Preparing ‘Blockbuster Offers’ For Jimmy Garoppolo

Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman wrote Wednesday three NFL executives “believe some team is going to make the New England Patriots an offer for Jimmy Garoppolo they cannot refuse.â€

From Freeman’s “10-Point Stance†column:

“I want to be clear about what I’m being told: (The executives) believe several teams are preparing to make blockbuster offers for Garoppolo. I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying this is the belief of some around football. They think a draft shakeup is coming and that it will involve Garoppolo.

“The increasingly popular view among some in the league is that Garoppolo can transform a franchise almost overnight and is worth a first-round pick.

“There’s a desperation that’s sweeping the league when it comes to finding a quarterback, greater than I’ve seen in a long time. One front-office executive called it the Dak Prescott Phenomenon.â€

http://nesn.com/2017/02/nfl-rumors-several-teams-preparing-blockbuster-offers-for-jimmy-garoppolo/

This is going to be Matt Cassel, part 2.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is going to be Matt Cassel, part 2.

Do you mean the team that trades for Jimmy G is getting another Cassel, or that the return will be similar to what NE got for Cassel?

Funny part is, Cassel was actually more proven, starting 15 games to Jimmy's 2. The difference is that Cassel was a late 7th round pick and Jimmy was a fairly well thought of 2nd rounder.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Do you mean the team that trades for Jimmy G is getting another Cassel, or that the return will be similar to what NE got for Cassel?

Funny part is, Cassel was actually more proven, starting 15 games to Jimmy's 2. The difference is that Cassel was a late 7th round pick and Jimmy was a fairly well thought of 2nd rounder.

I mean perhaps a bit of both.

Jimmy definitely looks more talented than what Matt Cassel ever was. Watching Cassel that season, I saw he could play the system but I didn't see an overly talented player. Have not been surprised that he's been a fringe starter since those couple of years right after leaving the Patriots.

Jimmy G was noticeable to me in his first couple of preseason games. He was athletic and he displays a high IQ. Will be interested to see about this "offer that can't be refused"

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
This could be great for patriots - but they do need to get a stud like jimmy to replace Brady if they trade him so it could be an unwise move in the first place - however I think Jimmy will not look as good with a different team so the Patriots are definitely in the position of power when it comes to trading him

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This could be great for patriots - but they do need to get a stud like jimmy to replace Brady if they trade him so it could be an unwise move in the first place - however I think Jimmy will not look as good with a different team so the Patriots are definitely in the position of power when it comes to trading him

I get the impression that they like Brissett.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
If Brady plans on playing at least 3 more years you can't keep Jimmy, unless you are okay getting way less value for him next year.

You can pay both if you let the other free agents walk. It's worth considering. The QB positions IS that important. Imagine if Green Bay traded Rodgers for a pick just because they didn't want to pay 2 of them. They'd regret that.

I think a lot of this comes down to how we feel about Jacoby. I like him, but I don't watch him practice and prepare.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Jimmy G for 12?

Yup. But I really think San Fran or Chicago could go crazy here. Chicago has nothing going for it, and he's a local kid. Solve QB and public relations in one big move.

As a Browns fan, I'd prefer Jimmy G for 33 but I seriously doubt he'd go that cheap. :laugh:

How about Jimmy G and 32 for 12?

They can do better than this.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As a Browns fan, I'd prefer Jimmy G for 33 but I seriously doubt he'd go that cheap. :laugh:

No we need 32

I'd like to see Bill grab 12 and move back to 20 and pick up another 2

Brady's likely only got 3 more outstanding years

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Browns pick 1, 12, 33, 52, 65.

If anyone can "afford" to give up the 12th pick, it's probably them. Personally, I wouldn't mind the 33, 52, 65 picks for Jimmy, but I think if there's competition for his services they can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad