Post-Game Talk: Sunshine and Yams

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just saw the game and man that's a huge win. I said before this 4 game gauntlet that if they get 4 out of 8 points that would be a win so halfway there with 2 games remaining.
The Drai line is unstoppable, could have easily had a few more goals. Benson looked more comfortable as the game wore on which was nice to see.

It's nice that they won but Holland can't stand pat for much longer. The bottom 2 lines are getting caved in regularly, even a small scale trade for a NHLer would help at this point. Still 4 games until the deadline, need to make a sooner than that IMO.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just saw the game and man that's a huge win. I said before this 4 game gauntlet that if they get 4 out of 8 points that would be a win so halfway there with 2 games remaining.
The Drai line is unstoppable, could have easily had a few more goals. Benson looked more comfortable as the game wore on which was nice to see.

It's nice that they won but Holland can't stand pat for much longer. The bottom 2 lines are getting caved in regularly, even a small scale trade for a NHLer would help at this point. Still 4 games until the deadline, need to make a sooner than that IMO.

The biggest addition has been Melissa Benoist.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Common man and not even a “pseudo intellectual” - ‘snipes’ -mouth breathes juvenile ad hominem attacks on CHED and local hockey commentators and also wishes “there were better radio or daily talk show options” because he hates Michaels and Stauffer and, unbeknownst to him I’m sure, lazily and unknowingly smears the other radio and talk show hosts on other platforms. And all this petty hatred on a night the Oilers win.

You can’t make this **** up.
what the hell did I just read here

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
There is better players coming up, I think this year might be his last in the sweater.

Sheahan/Archie need to be extended. What a great duo to bring up young guys like Benson.

I know

Give them 1.25M/year each.

Reactions: nally

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
There is better players coming up, I think this year might be his last in the sweater.

Sheahan/Archie need to be extended. What a great duo to bring up young guys like Benson.

One thing that the play of Bear, Jones, Benson, Yam and even Lagesson proves is that players down there are being developed properly. For the first time, we have this many young players playing good in a long, long time

Last edited:

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
JJ has warts but I believe there is a good player in there. Maybe it takes him getting moved to realize it, but I hope its with the Oilers.

I have been a big JJ fan, but he seems to be moving at half speed this year in every facet of the game (apparently how he fights now too). The guy needs a good kick in the ass, to develop a sense of urgency about his career.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
27th regulation win... huge that they keep piling those up.

It's like a little extra lube that will allow the team to squeeze into the playoff hole if things get really tight at the end of the season.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@5 Mins 4 Ftg

...did you get to Nico's rib joint? Because the victory is partially owed to you if you did.

29C9514A-3402-42AB-A715-6F5FD6FE90D2.jpeg

4AABE17D-9A6A-450B-9EA0-CEAAEC2A4706.jpeg

Right after the game! Bought me a new Maiden T as well as luck was in the air! Ribs were awesome as were the post game victory beers!

PS my camera is still drunk.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I was flying home during the game, heard the last two periods by streaming CHED on my phone. Jack Michaels told stories and occassionally did play-by-play for 40 minutes. I wanted to jump out of the plane.

YEah, I think Jack would be awesome on TV play by play. On the radio he fails to actually convey the pace of play... and that is unacceptable, imo.

Reactions: Del Preston

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You sir, are "the trooper".;)

Thank you! If you ever get to the Ft Lauderdale area check it out. Some cool memorabilia and great food. Small place though!

PS - I have no clue why my iPhone images are loading sideways or upside down. I swear I did not drink that much. (Today).

Hope the boys eke one out tomorrow!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Top line was amazing again but not sure they can keep carrying us like this.

Not sure how to get another line going with what we have. I am liking Archibalds game. He is causing some chaos. Not sure who we could pair him with.

One of the rare balanced posts. Its going to be hard to maintain. But this was a non stellar performance from Florida who are really struggling. They haven't done a thing since the ASG break. just freefalling. What Panther played well tonight? Huberdeau? Barkov and Trocheck were pretty silent. Hoffman was a huge mess. This is a team playing to miss the playoffs that apparently would rather soak up the sun.

Even at that without Drai heroics scoring the winning goal early in 3rd this could well be a much different result.

But the reality is we're really icing 3 junk lines and just having numbers back. Great to get any W's right now but its going to be real hard to continue.

Nuge last few games is playing close to 25mins/game and eating pk minutes. Drai doing much the same. Nuge isn't used to this much work. Trouble is no troops are coming and its very concerning that Tippett is making Drai and Nuge eat considerable pk minutes. Not much division of labor going on, lets depend on first line for everything..

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One of the rare balanced posts. Its going to be hard to maintain. But this was a non stellar performance from Florida who are really struggling. They haven't done a thing since the ASG break. just freefalling. What Panther played well tonight? Huberdeau? Barkov and Trocheck were pretty silent. Hoffman was a huge mess. This is a team playing to miss the playoffs that apparently would rather soak up the sun.

Even at that without Drai heroics scoring the winning goal early in 3rd this could well be a much different result.

But the reality is we're really icing 3 junk lines and just having numbers back. Great to get any W's right now but its going to be real hard to continue.

Tippett helps get wins. That’s not surprising.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Tippett helps get wins. That’s not surprising.

I like Tippett but riding Drai and Nuge on pk as well as everywhere else is going to backfire. Remember that this is a long stint with no McD, no Neal, no Kassian. Its probably a matter of when, not if, these guys hit a wall. Then what?

We have 3 bottomlines. I would figure we have enough other players for pk duty. I understand Tippett is desperate to get some W's in the short term but I'm not convinced this is a solid ongoing strategy. Which unfortunately we need to consider.

Carolina game tomorrow will show us more on where we are.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I like Tippett but riding Drai and Nuge on pk as well as everywhere else is going to backfire. Remember that this is a long stint with no McD, no Neal, no Kassian. Its probably a matter of when, not if, these guys hit a wall. Then what?

We have 3 bottomlines. I would figure we have enough other players for pk duty. I understand Tippett is desperate to get some W's in the short term but I'm not convinced this is a solid ongoing strategy. Which unfortunately we need to consider.

Carolina game tomorrow will show us more on where we are.

he doesn’t have much choice. I mean he was basically forced to play Sheahan over 17 minutes today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad