Post-Game Talk: Sunshine and Yams

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Blackhawks were due for an "angry win"... poor bastards were shut down by good/great goaltending in the Oilers-Canucks games and thankfully they took out all of that pent up and denied offense on the Flames. :)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I still think Nashville is the most dangerous team in the wild card race. They have depth up front... possibly (probably) the best dman in the NHL and 2 goalies that are underperforming (but either of whom could break out and start stonewalling teams).

I think the Oilers won't have to worry about a wild card spot because they are going to be in the top 3 in the Pacific (hopefully #1)... but for those teams in the wild card spots right now... I wouldn't want to bet against Nashville displacing one of them at season's end.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Blackhawks were due for an "angry win"... poor bastards were shut down by good/great goaltending in the Oilers-Canucks games and thankfully they took out all of that pent up and denied offense on the Flames. :)

I feel like your last few posts have been filled with innuendo.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Whoever was arguing with me saying that the Oilers should trade/send down Jones, apologize now :nod:

Sublime pass.

I have always liked Jones. His skating, passing and vision are really good. He is like a young Sekera.
Holland would be making a massive mistake to trade this player.

He has top 4 potential IMO.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
YEah, I think Jack would be awesome on TV play by play. On the radio he fails to actually convey the pace of play... and that is unacceptable, imo.
He did a good job when he was auditioning for the Kings' TV PBP job a couple season ago. What he's doing now is an overload of information. People who can't see the game just want to know where the puck is and what is going on during play. It is very hard to listen to.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Khaira has pictures of the company Christmas party. or something..

Its been a perplexing riddle for a long time. Really it was curious that he even broke onto the team while the club was dismissing better forwards like Slepyshev, Strome, Caggiulia, outright.

I think the case was, that he scored, and everyone thought he just had a sophmore slump the next year. That wasnt the case..
The case with Slepyshev I dont really get why they handled him that way.
But Oilers are known now for not knowing how handling russians.
Slepyshev should have a spot while he was here.
Strome was a regular, so was Caggiula at the end.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The Flames have just one likable player, and someone needs to airlift him out of there and deliver him to any respectable team ASAP.

#rescuelindholm

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Well folks, here we are. We have Carolina at 3. I might be back in town to watch it and have a big ol glass of rum!!!! WHO’s WITH ME?!?!?!?!

Alright..... fine. Don’t need you to drink.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
It wasn't the prettiest, but it's 2 points. Line 1 dominating yet again. Kosk was huge when he needed to be and was only beat on a perfect shot that not many players in the league can make. Lines 2-4 need to be a little better today against the canes, especially lines 3 and 4 (Archie and Sheahan were good in this one). Overall the team was solid. Looked like Drai was always out there but he played under 24 minutes.

Those salty lames fans need to realize that they aren't fighting with us for a divisional spot; they are fighting for a WC spot with the yotes/jets/preds and i don't think they will win that.

Last edited:

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Small sample size I know, but let's just bask in the fact that only one other forward (out of over a dozen) in Kailer's draft class has been scoring at a point-per-game clip: Pettersson. I don't necessarily think he'll finish the season at a PPG, but Yams is currently blowing his draft competition up. No-one in that class is currently playing better at forward, and he went 22nd overall. Thank god Oilers picks are *finally* starting to exceed expectations, we desperately needed that after the Finn with the Chin...

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I think the case was, that he scored, and everyone thought he just had a sophmore slump the next year. That wasnt the case..
The case with Slepyshev I dont really get why they handled him that way.
But Oilers are known now for not knowing how handling russians.
Slepyshev should have a spot while he was here.
Strome was a regular, so was Caggiula at the end.

Slepy left because his wife didn’t like Canada. Not much the organization can do about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->