Post-Game Talk: Sunshine and Yams

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I was flying home during the game, heard the last two periods by streaming CHED on my phone. Jack Michaels told stories and occassionally did play-by-play for 40 minutes. I wanted to jump out of the plane.

630 CHED is insufferable, wish there were better radio or daily talk show options for Oilers fans.

Listening to pseudo intellectual Jack Michaels prognosticate and Stauffer the Shill mouth breath are just too much for me.

Reactions: Del Preston

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
After a win, we see things like this. After a loss, we see things like "this is an AHL team at best"
To be fair, the current squad is mostly an AHL team up front so it's true.

With Mcdavid, Neal, Nygard, and Kassian back, we look much better, and with another top 6 winger and a #3C, we'd have a very strong forward group from line 1-4.

This team had Cave, Russell, Khaira, Benson, Gagner, and Haas who would all likely be pushed out of the lineup if we added a 3c and winger on top of mcdavid neal nygard and kass coming back.

Winger Mcdavid Kassian
Nuge Drai Yam
Neal 3C Nygard
Archibald Sheahan Chiasson
Khaira/Gagner/Haas as the extra forward.

If those "winger" and "3c" spots are filled by decent players, we have a very strong forward group.
Every player on that forward group is at least an NHL player. That's something we haven't had in years.

Reactions: nally

space321

May 11, 2011
After a win, we see things like this. After a loss, we see things like "this is an AHL team at best"

Precisely why we need a top 6 winger for McDavid, so when he come back, we will have actualy depth. Those two statements aren't contradictory unless you take hte hyperbole too literally.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Nobody is saying he's a top pairing Dman, or even as good as he was before, but the fact that he's stepped it up since the new year especially with the race getting so tight going into the playoffs is a good sign.
Then we have different definitions of stud haha

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Jujar got beat pretty convincingly. Bad time to take a fight, worse that he lost it.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I was worried, being an afternoon game and all but the Oilers battled hard and won...time to dust off the old Sega Genesis for some NHL94

9EEF2879-2EF4-41CA-926C-A57433ED4E68.jpeg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Honestly, Tippett needs to keep this system when McDavid comes back. Grind out 2-1 wins every night, I don't care. Team is very effective this way.
I actually thought that's what we signed up for with him

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
There is better players coming up, I think this year might be his last in the sweater.

Sheahan/Archie need to be extended. What a great duo to bring up young guys like Benson.

I really do like Archie. Guy has speed and just needs to up the skill level a tad. And I hope your right.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Jujar got beat pretty convincingly. Bad time to take a fight, worse that he lost it.
Buchberger lost almost every fight he was in and was loved as a Oilers for good reasons. Not comparing him to Jujar but it takes guts to fight.

JJ has warts but I believe there is a good player in there. Maybe it takes him getting moved to realize it, but I hope its with the Oilers.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Buchberger lost almost every fight he was in and was loved as a Oilers for good reasons. Not comparing him to Jujar but it takes guts to fight.

JJ has warts but I believe there is a good player in there. Maybe it takes him getting moved to realize it, but I hope its with the Oilers.

Oh yeah, I would not do it given the option TBH. I am just saying that he needs to pick a better time for that, I do get why but the timing is bad. I feel for him. There was a time when he could have been our next big power forward, I wanted him to work out, it might just be a bad season.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Just watched the game recorded.... what a great game. One of the best defensive efforts of the year, and Koskinen was elite.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Just watched the game recorded.... what a great game. One of the best defensive efforts of the year, and Koskinen was elite.

Tippet knows how to win with a team short on skill. I love what he has done here, first coach we have had to make McD/Drai split work. It is paying off huge now.

Reactions: TB12

VincenzosOil

Nov 2, 2008
630 CHED is insufferable, wish there were better radio or daily talk show options for Oilers fans.

Listening to pseudo intellectual Jack Michaels prognosticate and Stauffer the Shill mouth breath are just too much for me.
Common man and not even a “pseudo intellectual” - ‘snipes’ -mouth breathes juvenile ad hominem attacks on CHED and local hockey commentators and also wishes “there were better radio or daily talk show options” because he hates Michaels and Stauffer and, unbeknownst to him I’m sure, lazily and unknowingly smears the other radio and talk show hosts on other platforms. And all this petty hatred on a night the Oilers win.

You can’t make this shit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad