Post-Game Talk: Sunday Matinee: Caps @ Pens | 1/17/21 | High Noon ET | NBC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the pp still seems to suck. ban that scripted back pass... and hire oates as special teams coach.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Bad goal to give up in the shootout by Sammy. He continues to look shaky to me.
I thought he was good in overtime and the most of the shootout. He has good reflexes. It's just time when he finds his groove. Better be bad at the beginning of the season than at the end

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Not making excuses but when you have a mostly veteran team with new coach and system, training camp and exhibition games are key.

We didn't get that this season so treat the first 10 games as just that.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Terrible game from Sammy. He had a long lay-off which explains some of it but he gave away the point here.

Oh well. I don’t mind giving some points to Penguins to ensure they don’t get 1st overall pick.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Btw, losing to the Pens I see as a good thing. That'll motivate them play better. Plus it's good for hockey when they are good. Same for us, it's good for hockey when we are good too. Please please Lavi be our savior.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
We all knew with new coaches and players, there would be challenges in the early part of the season. But one thing you do as a coach, you play the goalie who looks confident and sharp. Vanecek has it right now and Samsonov don't!

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
We all knew with new coaches and players, there would be challenges in the early part of the season. But one thing you do as a coach, you play the goalie who looks confident and sharp. Vanecek has it right now and Samsonov don't!
Same way as the Islanders did? VV is a young goalie too. You give him this game after he played recently and he gave up 5, then what you do?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
That Jedi mind trick corner camera shot did not do it for me. That was not a goal. No chance it fires at that angle that hard at the ice coming off that pad. It hit the post and down.

Sammy looks like when he first got to Hershey, he needs to get his groove back.

John Carlson is a f***ing disaster. Maybe him and Orlov just don't mesh well cause he always looks bad with Orlov.

Nice to see Kuzy wake up a little but still wish he'd fire the puck more, he's got a killer shot. Hopefully this gives him some momentum. He's a streaky guy.

Tom Wilson is now our best forward.

Sprong is trash, he shouldn't see the ice again unless we get hit with covid. I watched him just straight up go the wrong direction a few times away from the puck while his teammates tried to pass or cycle in the zone...like he doesn't understand how any of this works. That would explain his career thus far.

4th line looking good, I really liked Leipsic-Hathaway-Dowd and Haglin is basically just Lepisic with more talent so it works.

Fire Foreskin, his PP is trash now. Hell I'd rather watch Carlson pound it from the point with Wilson and Ovechkin crashing the net than another sling shot gone wrong.

Sammy or Vitek on Tuesday? I say let Sammy play again and let him find his groove.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nice to steal a point but we need a better effort. When extended periods of 5 on 5 happened, we started to tilt the play. Can’t keep taking penalties and giving them momentum.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Kind of have to put Wilson on the top line then, yes? He's probably their best player 5-on-5 at this point. Three games in they're going to need more from 74/9/92. If they're a top team those talents need to play like it. Way too frequently nonchalant.

Reactions: twabby and crab

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was unable to watch the first 50 min but Sammy has looked shaky both games he's played imo, and the entire team looked TIRED in OT. Three games in 4 nights vs the Pens who've had a regular every-other-day schedule.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
F the Pens

Still not convinced that it was a goal. Who cares if they white thing moves, Samsonov could've touched the post, so it made moved the white thing.

Poor officiating, like always.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I was unable to watch the first 50 min but Sammy has looked shaky both games he's played imo, and the entire team looked TIRED in OT. Three games in 4 nights vs the Pens who've had a regular every-other-day schedule.

Sammy is looking like a backup goalie right now. He was hyped as the future #1 and hasn't come close to it. Last season he played better than Holtby, but after the ATV accident he hasn't quite recovered. In my mind he's still too raw. His mechanics are average, but his mental game looks behind where it needs to be.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad