Summer Wishlist Part 2: Let the UFA frenzy begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If he were to sign for a Brad Richards'-esque contract, how'd y'all feel about Heatley? 1-2 years for 2-4 million?

Tlusty/Eric/Semin
Skinner/Jordan/Heatley
Gerbe/Lindholm/Boychuk
Malone/McClement/Dwyer

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Its pretty bad when the islanders can draw better free agents than the canes......

Rad ChaLose

Aug 3, 2012
I'll just leave this here

AlvinBrantTim-Gleason2.jpg

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So, counting Boychuk and Terry, they're are 13 forwards and 7 defensemen. I think we can say they're mostly done.

Skinner // Eric // Lindholm
Tlusty // Jordan // Semin
Gerbe // Nash // Boychuk
Dwyer // McClement // Malone
Terry

Sekera // Faulk
Hainsey // Liles
Harrison // Gleason
Murphy

Ward
Khudobin

If it's possible, I think they got worse, older, and slower.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Meh, we didn't move any of our core, but I'm not sure we got any worse. The 4th line the past few seasons has been a literal abortion, only recent year it wasn't was the year we had Ryan Carter and Troy Bodie back there... which incidentally happens to be the last time we even sniffed the playoffs.

I still think we need to go out and add a #3 centerman at the very least though. Unfair to Nash but he'd be a solid guy to have if there's injuries in the bottom 6. Hopefully the rumors of a Mueller tryout are legit and that he shows his worth in that role.

This is almost literally the same team as we had last season, just without Loktionov as the #3 centerman, Gleason back in for Bellemore, and with a much more defined 4th line.

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
So, counting Boychuk and Terry, they're are 13 forwards and 7 defensemen. I think we can say they're mostly done.

Skinner // Eric // Lindholm
Tlusty // Jordan // Semin
Gerbe // Nash // Boychuk
Dwyer // McClement // Malone
Terry

Sekera // Faulk
Hainsey // Liles
Harrison // Gleason
Murphy

Ward
Khudobin

If it's possible, I think they got worse, older, and slower.

That third line is awful...

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
Yep, that's the thing that stands out the most. The defense isn't great, but that third line is a disaster waiting to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I, too, want Boychuk to have a legit shot.. but I just don't see a spot on this team for that.. You could start him off on the 4th line, but is that a legit shot? I mean, maybe Boychuk is just a 4th liner. He actually looked really good there last year.

But if you take that line up and switch out Boychuk with Penner, Booth or Setoguchi, it looks so much better.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Barring another signing, you're correct. That doesn't mean it's still not a major hole in this team. It's just a major hole that we haven't (and may not) address.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Boychuk is better player than Setoguchi, Booth or even Penner. Just give him a chance, goddamnit.

Tlusty- EStaal- Semin
Boychuk- JStaal- Lindholm
x- Nash- x
Gerbe- McClement- Dwyer
Malone

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So we've grabbed two depth forwards, a depth defenseman, and a depth goaltender for around $5 million?

That's not too shabby.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So we've grabbed two depth forwards, a depth defenseman, and a depth goaltender for around $5 million?

That's not too shabby.

Exactly. What's hilarious is that JR told us that this is exactly what was going to happen in free agency this year about a week ago. Well maybe not that we would specifically be bringing Gleason back but I don't think he had been bought out at that point anyway.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Exactly. What's hilarious is that JR told us that this is exactly what was going to happen in free agency this year about a week ago. Well maybe not that we would specifically be bringing Gleason back but I don't think he had been bought out at that point anyway.

Francis?

But yeah, he did. The problem is, JR would always say one thing, then many times do the complete opposite. I don't think we're used to the transparency from the GM and doing exactly what he says.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
JR would say that he was aware of the need to replace Cole as Staal's winger, then grab Stewart and Ponikarovsky and say "Good enough!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad