Summer Wishlist Part 2: Let the UFA frenzy begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Not sure where you're seeing the support for Cam. Most agree that it's Khudobin's spot until he falters or Cam takes it away from him

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
I actually believe Cam will be better since he actually has real competition now. Peters, Boucher, Graham, Leighton weren't exactly quality backups that could overtake the #1. Being benched last year WHILE healthy is what maybe will motivate him during the offseason.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I actually believe Cam will be better since he actually has real competition now. Peters, Boucher, Graham, Leighton weren't exactly quality backups that could overtake the #1. Being benched last year WHILE healthy is what maybe will motivate him during the offseason.

Or he might end up being a whiny malcontent because he's not getting enough starts as he's never had competition for starts before. :dunno:

Goodafternoon

Feb 2, 2013
Boone
I just remembered about Jerome Samson he's a UFA I think, he had a decent season 56 points in 68 games I think. I'd like to see him back in the 'Canes organization. It'd be about par for the course if we re-signed him though, after bring back the former cane Gleason.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Damn. Flames resign Paul Byron. I can't be angry - we didn't have room for him after signing Malone and McClement and are serious about bringing on Boychuck and Terry. But he would've been a nice sparkplug.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Nicely done SensCanes. Should be a solid #2 pivot behind Turris, and amazing term. My guess is he waited a bit long to be signed and his value went down some.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Nicely done SensCanes. Should be a solid #2 pivot behind Turris, and amazing term. My guess is he waited a bit long to be signed and his value went down some.

I see him as a 3C as long as Zibinijad (sp) continues to progress. But Legwand can certainly play 2C if Zib can't handle the duties. I know that they see Zib as a future fixture in the top 6, now he just has to maintain the consistency.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Spezza who?:sarcasm:

But seriously, that's a good deal.

It's a good deal, but unsurprising considering how bad legwand was with Detroit.

As far as spezza goes though, legwand couldn't carry his jock with a wheelbarrow. These are not comparable players. Spezza is still a number one center and Legwand is a good third center, second depending on quality of linemates which he might not have in ottawa.

I think Spezza is gonna tear it up being the lesser marked second center, he's been the focal point of every defensive scheme for a long time.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It's a good deal, but unsurprising considering how bad legwand was with Detroit.

As far as spezza goes though, legwand couldn't carry his jock with a wheelbarrow. These are not comparable players. Spezza is still a number one center and Legwand is a good third center, second depending on quality of linemates which he might not have in ottawa.

I think Spezza is gonna tear it up being the lesser marked second center, he's been the focal point of every defensive scheme for a long time.

No, of course Legwand isn't the player Spezza is. And he won't be asked to be either. I think the net gain of Ottawa's offseason moves could possibly mean a + in terms of goal differential. Spezza was a PPG guy at his best, but last year was horrific defensively. My hope is that Chiasson and Legwand combine for 80+ points and the team defense is improved.

I am definitely a Spezza fan and I think you're right, he may just tear up the West.

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
Islanders need D. Canes have at least one expendable Dman. Possible deal that would allow Canes to acquire either Bailey, Grabner or Clutterbuck?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I wouldn't say they have an expendable defenseman unless they make another signing. You can count on Gleason to miss time, and probably Sekera as well. Hainsey, Harrison, and Liles aren't exactly young either. Then there's Murphy who may or may not be ready. You're not too far from Michal Jordan playing regular minutes.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Unless we have an agreement already in place to have Bellemore back at Harrison's salary, we don't have the extra dman.

As much as I'd love to do it, unless Lowe, Biega, Carrick, or Kivisto (if we were to bring him back) are ready we'd be playing with serious fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad