Summer Wishlist Part 2: Let the UFA frenzy begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Frenzy? You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think it means.

Keeping with the Princess Bride theme.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Bringing this over from the News and Notes thread because it seems more relevant here.

Is there room in the budget for either one of those?

Skinner – E. Staal – Lindholm
XXX – J. Staal – Semin
Gerbe – Nash – Dwyer
XXX – XXX – XXX
XXX

Sekera – Faulk
Hainsey – Liles
Harrison – Murphy
XXX

Khudobin
Ward

Based on the numbers from CapGeek, the above lineup costs $54.7075 mil in real $$$. If you add in Tlusty (2LW) at ~$3 mil, McGinn (4LW) and Terry (13th forward) + a 4C, 4RW and a 7th D for ~$2.5 mil total, that number jumps up to $61.6 mil. That in and of itself is a lot of money for a team that has missed out on playoff revenue for 5 years and had understandably underwhelming attendance this past season.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
"Damn you, Quick!"

- Rangers fans

On topic, I would love to see Gilbert and Santorelli sign here for the right price.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So let's take RF's words at face value. Depth defensemen and 4th line C "on day 1".

Who are the viable options there? Also, does that mean he thinks Nash is going to be the 3c?

bluedevil58*

I say no to Santorelli. My vote goes to acquiring Goc and Gilbert for D.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So let's take RF's words at face value. Depth defensemen and 4th line C "on day 1".

Who are the viable options there? Also, does that mean he thinks Nash is going to be the 3c?

It would appear so. I'm expecting Nash as a 3rd line center until about September, where Francis make a trade to grab a player we'll poo-poo at first, but end up appreciating by season's end.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm hoping Francis is simply waiting for the dust to settle after crazy overpayments instead of not addressing the 3rd line at all.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
What about Malhotra? Is he not coming back?

He's testing the market. He wants a two year contract and I guess we didn't want to give that. Or Peters simply doesn't want him back.

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 1h
On UFAs, Manny Malhotra said to be looking for a 2-year deal, thus will test FA market tomorrow.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Per Chip, Manny wanted a 2-year deal, so he's testing free agency. I'm OK with that, overall too. I like Manny but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to take on a 2-year contract with him.

This. I like the guy, but he did not earn a 2 year deal.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
We need more offense from the third line than Gerbe, Nash and Dwyer can possibly give. In an ideal world I'd drop both Nash and Dwyer to the fourth line.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I wasn't that enamored with Loktionov. Boychuk going without being qualified would be something of a surprise especially with Chris Terry getting another deal. I wonder if it was one of those "whichever one of you takes this contract first", kind of situations. RF does seem to be cleaning house a bit in the AHL ranks.

With Loktionov's shoulder injury, it probably wouldn't be wise to qualify him on a one year deal. He's probably not going to be totally right for the duration of that deal when you consider the slow recovery time on those type of injuries.

bluedevil58*

Wait! What would it take to get Fiddler as our 4th line C? Os is this a pipe dream?

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

NSH trying to deal Michael Del Zotto before 4 ET. If no deal, do they qualify at $2.9M or let him go UFA. Suspect it's latter but not firm.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
We need more offense from the third line than Gerbe, Nash and Dwyer can possibly give. In an ideal world I'd drop both Nash and Dwyer to the fourth line.

Exactly. Your 3rd line should have more 'pop' than what Nash and Dwyer deliver. They could be very good underrated 4th liners (much like Paille and Campbell were in Boston for a number of years), but not on 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad